TrueBlueArmy Forums
Jayden Stockley - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Jayden Stockley (/showthread.php?tid=668)

Pages: 1 2

Jayden Stockley - Pedalo_menders - 05-06-2021

Hearing whispers he is linked. Seems about our level and certainly better than Marquis & Harrisson. Expectations are so low that I’d be happy getting him in If it meant we could offload one of the above mentioned strikers to free up some budget for another striker & 2 CB’s

RE: Jayden Stockley - stayinupforever - 05-06-2021

He's coming back? That's progress?

RE: Jayden Stockley - Hammie - 05-06-2021

I liked him a lot when he was here as a youngster. I seem to recall he got injured so returned to Exeter. I'd be happy to have him back, unlike most of our loanee strikers he seemed to love playing in front of Fratton Park rather than being intimidated. Him Marquis and one other would be decent trio of three "proven strikers"
I'm not even sure Harrison is as bad as some think. Especially if we were to go two up. Not sure if Cowley thinks that way or not?

RE: Jayden Stockley - DeepBlue - 05-06-2021

(05-06-2021, 02:04 PM)Hammie Wrote: I liked him a lot when he was here as a youngster. I seem to recall he got injured so returned to Exeter. I'd be happy to have him back, unlike most of our loanee strikers he seemed to love playing in front of Fratton Park rather than being intimidated. Him Marquis and one other would be  decent trio of three "proven strikers"
I'm not even sure Harrison is as bad as some think. Especially if we were to go two up. Not sure if Cowley thinks that way or not?

Stockley was on loan from Bournemouth, then went out on loan to Exeter after they recalled him. 

He would be perfect for our needs now, problem is lots of league one sides and some championship are after him and I can't see us matching his championship wages.  Charlton must be favourites as they had him last season. Our only hope would  probably be if he is desperate to move back home to the South Coast.

RE: Jayden Stockley - bluetagagain - 05-06-2021

I thought he was carp when he was here, another Marquis IMO

RE: Jayden Stockley - Farjam - 05-06-2021

Of course he was in our academy having transferred in from Bournemouths academy when they were having financial problems. He played a season, wasn't keen at Pompey and went back. Then came again on loan as mentioed above. Thought he was ok but you have to play to his style to get the best out of him and he can be a bit limited.

RE: Jayden Stockley - Hammie - 05-06-2021

Thought he was ok but you have to play to his style to get the best out of him and he can be a bit limited.
i would assume if he came in we would see Harrison depart as they seem very similar but Stockley os a better finisher it seems

RE: Jayden Stockley - slayer - 06-06-2021

What was the big money move? Preston? I did raise my eyebrows at that one.

A lot of moves for a young striker.

Smacks of buying another Marquis.

RE: Jayden Stockley - Pedalo_menders - 06-06-2021

The news now picked up this story. They reckon he’ll cost about 400k. Let jack go because of wages but go in for big money on Stockley? Mental.

RE: Jayden Stockley - Jizbag - 06-06-2021

I think he's a useful player, very physical and far more of a goal threat than Harrison. I'd like him here unless we can get someone better. We desperately need some pace up front too...someone like Chaplin (not a chance)

RE: Jayden Stockley - Gerry Hatrick - 06-06-2021

(06-06-2021, 03:36 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: The news now picked up this story. They reckon he’ll cost about 400k. Let jack go because of wages but go in for big money on Stockley? Mental.

To be fair it was mostly the length of the contract that was the issue.
And if the club are willing to shell-out on a notable player, it would at least show that we are not restricted to non-league and loan recruits.
Anyway, that's just a figure plucked out of the sky by a reporter short on his facts.

RE: Jayden Stockley - Hammie - 06-06-2021

if we are looking at a transfer fee suggests we are about to sell someone then its down to wages

RE: Jayden Stockley - DeepBlue - 07-06-2021

(06-06-2021, 09:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: if we are looking at a transfer fee suggests we are about to sell someone then its down to wages

If we can get 4 players of the calibre of Stockley for the Curtis fee then that would be very good business

RE: Jayden Stockley - slayer - 07-06-2021

If we replace Marquis with Stockley and end up £500k better off I will be delighted with that

RE: Jayden Stockley - Wightblue - 07-06-2021

I read this morning that loads of Ireland fans rated Curtis performance against Andorra as the worst ever performance in an Irish shirt !

Don’t know whether Cardiff had anyone watching but, if the reports are true, it sounds as if he hasn’t enhanced his value.

Did anyone on here watch it? Was it as bad as claimed?

Maybe the gulf to the Championship is greater than we thought

RE: Jayden Stockley - malcm - 07-06-2021

Are you really surprised at Curtis?? The guy is completely out of his depth..he's brilliant because him and his Mum says so. I see better, skillful players in the Sunday league. That abject display, and missed sitter, probably reduced his value to about £200k to some unsuspecting punter. 
If, and it's a big IF, he gets into the Championship next season I suspect he will be back in lge1 or even 2 the following.

Get shot now and use the money!!  Cool

RE: Jayden Stockley - Pedalo_menders - 07-06-2021

Agreed Malcm, I blame Kenny as much as i blame Ronan. In the period where Ronan needed a lot of coaching to reach his potential, kenny's laissez faire attitude to training let us all down.

Hes not the player he could have been.

He was fearless and provided balance when Lowe was on the other wing.

What happened?

RE: Jayden Stockley - bluetagagain - 07-06-2021

Jackett

RE: Jayden Stockley - ForeverPompey - 08-06-2021

Showed real promise here. Clearly better than the rubbish we have signed since. Got rid and now will have to pay for his return. Sums us up.

RE: Jayden Stockley - DeepBlue - 08-06-2021

(08-06-2021, 04:30 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Showed real promise here. Clearly better than the rubbish we have signed since. Got rid and now will have to pay for his return. Sums us up.

Stockley was never a Pompey player when he was here, only a loan from Bournemouth.  You can't get rid of what you never had.

RE: Jayden Stockley - Tomsk - 09-06-2021

We shouldn't be considering anybody with a name like Jayden.
In fact I'll draw up a list and email the club.

RE: Jayden Stockley - ForeverPompey - 09-06-2021

(08-06-2021, 08:40 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 04:30 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Showed real promise here. Clearly better than the rubbish we have signed since. Got rid and now will have to pay for his return. Sums us up.

Stockley was never a Pompey player when he was here, only a loan from Bournemouth.  You can't get rid of what you never had.

Pedantic at best. Obviously the point is we weren’t interested in keeping a promising young striker and now after years of rubbish up front we might want him back. Where’s the continuity where’s the forward planning? I could see he was a decent raw talent as could plenty of intelligent football fans around Fratton.

RE: Jayden Stockley - blueinbrum3 - 14-06-2021

Edging closer according to reports?