TrueBlueArmy Forums
Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced (/showthread.php?tid=692)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - teeftwo - 18-06-2021

(18-06-2021, 08:03 AM)PeterD Wrote: Everything to do with Pompey lately seems to be a damp squid. Redevelopment is only to satisfy health and safety. Players leaving with no new real signing. New CEO just like DC talks the talk. Think about the fans as it’s us who can make or break the team.

We've just announced a major injection of cash to the stadium upkeep and redevelopment, we've just bought our training ground. Now this ongoing investment programme might not excite you but it does demonstrate a real commitment. Stop being so dense.

Glad you think you can make or break the team. FAF.

And it's a damp squib you muppet, not a damp squid - squid are damp FFS.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - bluetagagain - 18-06-2021

Be nice, schools probably finished early

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - oi oi saveloy - 18-06-2021

(18-06-2021, 08:03 AM)PeterD Wrote: Everything to do with Pompey lately seems to be a damp squid. 

Damp squid  Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Jizbag - 18-06-2021

(18-06-2021, 08:03 AM)PeterD Wrote: Everything to do with Pompey lately seems to be a damp squid. Redevelopment is only to satisfy health and safety. Players leaving with no new real signing. New CEO just like DC talks the talk. Think about the fans as it’s us who can make or break the team.

Damp squid  Big Grin

Sorry made me laugh!

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Gerry Hatrick - 18-06-2021

(18-06-2021, 01:38 PM)Jizbag Wrote:

Damp squid  Big Grin

Sorry made me laugh!

Better than a moist octopus IMO but probably not as good as a sweaty oyster or a clammy........? Can't think of shellfish for that one.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Cressers - 18-06-2021

Scallop?

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Gerry Hatrick - 18-06-2021

(18-06-2021, 02:15 PM)Cressers Wrote: Scallop?

Yeah, clammy scallop. 
Had that once. Doctor gave me some cream for it.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Cleaver Greene - 18-06-2021

I found Sick Squid once.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Hammie - 18-06-2021

a sense of humour is back! Good o the first requirement to following pompey!

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - mikey393 - 19-06-2021

It looks like the owners are stuck between the proverbial rock & a hard place.
They want to keep the ground where it is due the heritage etc; & most would agree with that sentiment but they don't want to fork out for the pitch rotation which seems the best way to modernise & increase capacity. Especially at present with the pandemic stopping grounds from running at full capacity for some time although the Hungarians don't appear to have a problem with 61K in Budapest today! So, it gets put on hold until grounds get the go ahead to have phased capacity re-openings.

Options then are 1: We take over the B&Q Site & say to PCC let's do a deal on the FP land if that's what you want but you have to help us with the B&Q site extra financing & help get BR on board. BR are going through a new phase tacking back ownership of the tracks etc; so let's include the footbridge. Option 2 is to say the council we are moving & we will sell the land to the highest bidder which is likely to be one of the Big housebuilders like Barratt, Redrow etc; Option 3 is stay put & just keep putting sticky plasters on the stands until it's No longer feasible & they collapse.
Once things start getting back to normal what ever that is the owners need to present to the everyone including the fans what their vision is for the next 5 years. 20K Capacity is o.k. for Div 1 assuming team investment, 25K for Championship & 30K for The Premier league. I think these are realistic targets without over reaching ourselves.

I'm sure I've not completely grasped the whole position & await correction but hope the above makes some sense to the experts on here.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - slayer - 19-06-2021

I bet there are a good number of us over the age of 50 who've got used to dry squid!

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - BigSmokeBlue - 20-06-2021

Has anyone else seen this? The following article was released on the OS yesterday. It provides details of the £10m stadium development:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/202 ... nt-update/

In summary;

North Stand (works already commenced)
  • New safety barriers at the very top of the Upper North
  • Reseating the whole upper North 
  • Re-profiling and reseating all the lower North stand
  • All new electrical rewiring and infrastructure throughout 
  • Relocation of some turnstiles
  • Increase in milling around areas to secure capacity current capacity and indeed increases 
  • Construction of new concessions in both upper and lower parts of the stand. All will be more open plan
South Stand
  • Reseating all South stand upper.
  • Construction of new concessions 
  • Removing the lower section completely and re-profiling it, so that the upper section of the stand extends down to pitch side.
All of these works are essential if we want to at the very least maintain existing capacity/ marginal increase to comply with various regulations.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Hammie - 20-06-2021

a much needed re profiling of the seats strapped onto terracing. this is far more than just a paint and a new seat. Will be fascinated to see how the South stand turns out in the end. Reading into this, the South Stand is staying long term while the North Stand may be a shorter term view. Must have taken a lot of design work to work out how all this will come together. I'm trying to recall if we still had more seats than we were allowed to sell and this is all part of getting them in use when we sell out.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - slayer - 20-06-2021

Think that's right Hammie. If memory serves didn't our own Uncle Col and the PHS apply for the South Stand to be a listed building under the PST days for lottery grant funding?

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - bluetagagain - 21-06-2021

Bollix to the Archibald leitch stand,it's a relic ( and not a very good one). We need to update and increase to meet modern H & S requirements. The whole country is an antique FFS ,one less football stand wont matter.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - mikey393 - 21-06-2021

(20-06-2021, 09:16 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: Has anyone else seen this? The following article was released on the OS yesterday. It provides details of the £10m stadium development:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/202 ... nt-update/

In summary;

North Stand (works already commenced)
  • New safety barriers at the very top of the Upper North
  • Reseating the whole upper North 
  • Re-profiling and reseating all the lower North stand
  • All new electrical rewiring and infrastructure throughout 
  • Relocation of some turnstiles
  • Increase in milling around areas to secure capacity current capacity and indeed increases 
  • Construction of new concessions in both upper and lower parts of the stand. All will be more open plan
South Stand
  • Reseating all South stand upper.
  • Construction of new concessions 
  • Removing the lower section completely and re-profiling it, so that the upper section of the stand extends down to pitch side.
All of these works are essential if we want to at the very least maintain existing capacity/ marginal increase to comply with various regulations.
My honest reaction £10M doesn't go very far does it! To put in prospective I saw Brentford's new ground cost £71M to construct from scratch.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - EffingPenalties - 21-06-2021

I would say just this... the south stand seats aren't wide enough for my butt.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Hammie - 21-06-2021

the north stand is far worse than the south and with space behind to redevelop eventually. So that has to be the obvious main choice to enhance the capacity. The South, like the cottage at Fulham can then remain as a well designed memory of the past among a new Fratton End and North Stand. after that, who knows.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - BigSmokeBlue - 21-06-2021

(21-06-2021, 11:57 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Bollix to the Archibald leitch stand,it's a relic ( and not a very good one). We need to update and increase to meet modern H & S requirements. The whole country is an antique FFS ,one less football stand wont matter.

Rumours I’m hearing are exactly that. Eisner wants to retain the South stand due to its heritage and architecture. Looks we are going to be watching 21st footy in cramped seats with an obscured view behind the stanchions. Not to mention the ongoing maintenance and repairs to keep this stand compliant with modern standards. 

The reorientation idea has been kicked into touch it would seem? I would be keen to know why? How are they are going to overcome the sub-station issue at a cost of £6m, not forgetting the logistical nightmare of actually undertaking alteration works. Maintaining the current footprint restricts our capacity to circa 27-28k I believe. If we ever get to the Premier league, we have to ask the Premier League for special dispensation to sanction the use of our undersized pitch. This will also take longer to complete. The mind boggles. If you going to redevelop Fratton Park, do it once and do it that provides the best outcome for all concerned.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Jizbag - 22-06-2021

(21-06-2021, 07:52 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote:
(21-06-2021, 11:57 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Bollix to the Archibald leitch stand,it's a relic ( and not a very good one). We need to update and increase to meet modern H & S requirements. The whole country is an antique FFS ,one less football stand wont matter.

Rumours I’m hearing are exactly that. Eisner wants to retain the South stand due to its heritage and architecture. Looks we are going to be watching 21st footy in cramped seats with an obscured view behind the stanchions. Not to mention the ongoing maintenance and repairs to keep this stand compliant with modern standards. 

The reorientation idea has been kicked into touch it would seem? I would be keen to know why? How are they are going to overcome the sub-station issue at a cost of £6m, not forgetting the logistical nightmare of actually undertaking alteration works. Maintaining the current footprint restricts our capacity to circa 27-28k I believe. If we ever get to the Premier league, we have to ask the Premier League for special dispensation to sanction the use of our undersized pitch. This will also take longer to complete. The mind boggles. If you going to redevelop Fratton Park, do it once and do it that provides the best outcome for all concerned.

They aren't serious are they. They have absolutely no intention of us playing in the Premier League ever again.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - DeepBlue - 22-06-2021

"They aren't serious are they. They have absolutely no intention of us playing in the Premier League ever again".

When you get to the premier the size of the ground and the income from the gates becomes  increasingly less important because the percentage of income produced by gate money becomes tiny.

For instance a 20,000 ground @ £600 per seat gives you 12m .... increasing the capacity to 30,000 would only give you 6m more, which is trivial compared tot he 100m+ that you get from other income.  

We survived quite happily in the premier for seven years with a ground capacity similar to what we will have, and many have done so with smaller. 

Ok Deep. we'll just make do with a low 20k piss poor stadium and make up the numbers then.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - slayer - 22-06-2021

I'm sorry but we fucking what Deep? "Survived quite happily" ?!

Jesus wept.

(22-06-2021, 11:35 AM)scumslayer Wrote: I'm sorry but we fucking what Deep? "Survived quite happily" ?!

Jesus wept.

I know...unbelievable isn't it!

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - exgaffer - 22-06-2021

(22-06-2021, 09:50 AM)Jizbag Wrote: Ok Deep. we'll just make do with a low 20k piss poor stadium and make up the numbers then.

Piss poor?

You have a very strange idea of piss poor ffs.

Fratton is an excellent old ground admired by many who realise what they’ve lost.