TrueBlueArmy Forums
Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced (/showthread.php?tid=692)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - STEVE - 22-06-2021

It's a facking embarrassing DUMP.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Pompey_in_Derby - 22-06-2021

Agree with Gaffer - FP remains a great ground. Fans close to the pitch and once Goodison closes it will be the last of the big 'traditional' grounds. Would be better still if we could replace the seats in the North Stand Lower with terracing.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Tomsk - 22-06-2021

(22-06-2021, 12:15 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(22-06-2021, 09:50 AM)Jizbag Wrote: Ok Deep. we'll just make do with a low 20k piss poor stadium and make up the numbers then.

Piss poor?

You have a very strange idea of piss poor ffs.

Fratton is an excellent old ground admired by many who realise what they’ve lost.

Agreed

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - DeepBlue - 22-06-2021

(22-06-2021, 12:07 PM)Jizbag Wrote:
(22-06-2021, 11:35 AM)scumslayer Wrote: I'm sorry but we fucking what Deep? "Survived quite happily" ?!

Jesus wept.

I know...unbelievable isn't it!

Yes ...we survived quite happily ... we were not even in the the top half of the league for the amount of debt. 

Our demise was due to the the banks pulling the  plug on the Gaydamak family for reasons nothing to do with us or even football and recalling their money in a very short period of time (followed by then being bought  by four successive bad owners etc).  A bigger ground would have made absolutely no difference to what happened. 

Another 5 or 10 thousand on the gate now in league one would make a huge difference .. but it's trivial when you get  to the premiership.

I'm not particualrly impressed with the ambition of the current plans either, but it's got bugger all to do with the Premiership.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Pedalo_menders - 22-06-2021

What ever happened to the safe standing experiments? Wasnt it Celtic who put in rail seating? Presumably this is the 'perfect' (i.e. Cheap) solution to bumping up capacity. Just wondering why this isnt an avenue that Pompey are exploring...

Did Covid knock this on the head? Have Helf n Safety rules changed / different south of Hadrians wall?

Appreciate you still have the infrastructure costs but if you are saving on stadium costs, you may be more willing to pay for a bridge.

Edit: After a quick google, it looks like there is some momentum behind the idea: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12254999/manchester-city-to-install-large-safe-standing-area-at-etihad-stadium

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - bluetagagain - 22-06-2021

I'd love to stay at FP, and hopefully we can in an upgraded modernised version. We can still keep the stands close to the pitch and just develop the 3 other stands ( N,S and Milton) to give us a 25K ground. The ample room where the carpark is should solve that problem and redesigning ( demolish) the ageing and decrepit Archibald Leitch stand should be priority.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Pompey_in_Derby - 22-06-2021

Not a fan of this 'safe standing' nonsense - capacity remains unchanged and impacts on the opportunity to continue to  stand in the 'non-safe' areas. For example, if the Milton End becomes 'safe standing' I can guarantee there'll be a clampdown on people who continue to stand in the Fratton End.

During the game, I've never sat in my seat in the past 1000+ games home and away and have no intention of ever doing so!

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Jizbag - 23-06-2021

I like Fratton but the North Stand, South Stand and obviously Milton End need replacing. The seats are ridiculous and the stantions are clearly bonkers in this day and age. Just because we have a bit of fancy ironwork on the south stand doesn't make it worth listing.

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Tomsk - 23-06-2021

(23-06-2021, 04:23 PM)Jizbag Wrote: Just because we have a bit of fancy ironwork on the south stand doesn't make it worth listing.

And just because William Shakespeare could write a half decent tale doesn't mean we shouldn't knock his house down and build a Morrisons

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - Hammie - 23-06-2021

re safe standing pedalo.
I'm pretty sure that Caitlin said it costs pretty much the same.
One way of the overlords at the FA/prem elfs keeping standing restricted

RE: Fratton Park Stadium Redevelopment announced - exgaffer - 24-06-2021

(22-06-2021, 12:25 PM)STEVE Wrote: It's a facking embarrassing DUMP.

There’s that word ‘embarrassing’ again ffs.

Who the feck gets embarrassed by a football ground?