TrueBlueArmy Forums
England - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: England (/showthread.php?tid=705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

England - ForeverPompey - 18-06-2021

Watching England is like watching Pompey under Jackett. Passionless, slow, boring, no plan B. Can’t even raise themselves for a Scotland game. I don’t watch too much international stuff but I have to ask...What is all the fuss about this bunch? Slow and featureless v croatia and dreadful v Scotland.

RE: England - stayinupforever - 18-06-2021

I was just thinking something very similar.

RE: England - Pedalo_menders - 18-06-2021

Not great, was it. At least they don’t have many coonts in the team though. We overachieved at the WC and that was the first time in a very long time I was proud of the team.

Not the end of the world, just a bit boring.

RE: England - Hammie - 18-06-2021

just how many of the current england team can we name?
Not sure keegan and his lot were any better but I sure knew who they were when I was ten.
Most of the kids in my class at school today were not much interested.

RE: England - slayer - 18-06-2021

Jacketball and no mistake

RE: England - DeepBlue - 18-06-2021

(18-06-2021, 09:07 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Jacketball and no mistake

Or shrewd tactics aiming at 2nd place in the group  because of the draw?

RE: England - BilltheCat - 18-06-2021

(18-06-2021, 09:06 PM)Hammie Wrote: Most of the kids in my class at school today were not much interested.

Really? What year are you in?

RE: England - BilltheCat - 18-06-2021

I was thinking it was more like a Paul Cook team, actually.

RE: England - stayinupforever - 19-06-2021

Passing backwards should be banned in footie the same as passing forward is in rugby. Would be so much more entertaining.

RE: England - Jizbag - 19-06-2021

England were very poor and far too cautious. Even the enigmatic talents of Mount and Foden were soon nullified and the game got slower and slower. I don't think Southgate is the right man for the job. He's just bloody boring like his team.

RE: England - The Realist - 19-06-2021

(19-06-2021, 07:47 AM)Jizbag Wrote: England were very poor and far too cautious. Even the enigmatic talents of Mount and Foden were soon nullified and the game got slower and slower. I don't think Southgate is the right man for the job. He's just bloody boring like his team.

Never really won anything and probably won't - just not one of life's winners.

RE: England - Bedhamptonblue69 - 19-06-2021

England through and through but never ceases to amaze me the hype over this team . Let’s face it when we play someone with a bit of savvy and tactical awareness , we look like a team void of any ideas . Southgate not got a clue but all you hear about is he got us to the semi finals !! Round of 16 then it could be over

RE: England - Smirnoffexpress - 19-06-2021

Yet again we end up with a manager that fails to get top quality platers playing to their strengths. They looked like over coached robots.

RE: England - slayer - 19-06-2021

(19-06-2021, 09:31 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Yet again we end up with a manager that fails to get top quality platers playing to their strengths. They looked like over coached robots.

France or Portugal will 3-0 our shower and I'll be surprised if we muster a shot on target.

RE: England - Gerry Hatrick - 19-06-2021

(19-06-2021, 09:39 AM)scumslayer Wrote:
(19-06-2021, 09:31 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: Yet again we end up with a manager that fails to get top quality platers playing to their strengths. They looked like over coached robots.

France or Portugal will 3-0 our shower and I'll be surprised if we muster a shot on target.

No big deal, just an under-performance by an okay team. If it wasn't Scotland people probably would be fairly satisfied with the point but the media hype lays bare to all before it. However, having had time to see some of the other teams this week, England seem way down the pecking order of contenders. Of course, there are those who will tell you that in '66 we grew as a team in the competition and peaked at the right time.

RE: England - Cleaver Greene - 19-06-2021

It was just like football under Jackett. Plan A did not work, so what did he do? Take off one player who actually played with a bit of passion (Mount was the only other one) and replaced him with a similar player. Took off the useless Kane and replaced him with Rashford. Plan B? what plan B? If it wasn't working, he had potentailly five subs to change the system. Not go like for like, that's what Jackett did with us. Just plan A with two differnt players.
Also, did he tell Reece James not to go forward? It's the first time I think I have ever seen James not go bombing down the wing, overlapping. Dreadful performance that will not scare any team in the latter stages. One shot on target from Mount, tells you all you need to know.

RE: England - Jizbag - 19-06-2021

Kenny Southgate must be sacked after this tournament is over, or after the 1st knockout stage when we get beat.

We have talented players but shocking, boring, safe, predictable coaches. We'll never win a damn thing until we change our ways (but we won't).

RE: England - TBP - 19-06-2021

(19-06-2021, 10:09 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote:

No big deal, just an under-performance by an okay team. If it wasn't Scotland people probably would be fairly satisfied with the point but the media hype lays bare to all before it. However, having had time to see some of the other teams this week, England seem way down the pecking order of contenders. Of course, there are those who will tell you that in '66 we grew as a team in the competition and peaked at the right time.

Always possible that the manager was better then.

RE: England - ForeverPompey - 19-06-2021

Southgate says we must utilise the whole squad but left 3 unused subs yesterday. Surely you should explore all options when a game is going badly? I was thinking though that most of us are quick to criticise Pompey but yesterday we saw much more highly paid and rated players plus manager produce the same sort of passionless dross as we see at Fratton.

RE: England - pompeylord - 19-06-2021

We won't play France or Portugal as we will draw the  game with the Czechs and finish runners up

RE: England - Hammie - 19-06-2021

(18-06-2021, 09:51 PM)BilltheCat Wrote:
(18-06-2021, 09:06 PM)Hammie Wrote: Most of the kids in my class at school today were not much interested.

Year 5
one for instance, was staying with grandparents who would be watching the England game.
Dad was on standby to deliver the playstation "When I get bored"  

Shame really

When i was ten the England team was not much cop really, but we still felt excited to have the game on telly to watch. I was in the midst of the time when we never qualified for anything but we still all supported the team.

RE: England - slayer - 19-06-2021

[Image: IMG-20210619-WA0012.jpg]

RE: England - ForeverPompey - 19-06-2021

Haha good effort!

RE: England - Northstander - 22-06-2021

(18-06-2021, 09:52 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: I was thinking it was more like a Paul Cook team, actually.

Exactly as I saw it

RE: England - Northstander - 22-06-2021

(19-06-2021, 02:09 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(18-06-2021, 09:51 PM)BilltheCat Wrote:

Year 5
one for instance, was staying with grandparents who would be watching the England game.
Dad was on standby to deliver the playstation "When I get bored"  

Shame really

When i was ten the England team was not much cop really, but we still felt excited to have the game on telly to watch. I was in the midst of the time when we never qualified for anything but we still all supported the team.
When I was ten the players were on £20 a week, Johnny Haynes was advertising Brylcreem but yes we all supported our team