TrueBlueArmy Forums
England - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: England (/showthread.php?tid=705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: England - Hammie - 22-06-2021

have to sya we deserved the opening goal, looking better tonight. I suppose we are now entering the proper cup stages

RE: England - stayinupforever - 22-06-2021

Playing the Cowley way at the back.

RE: England - Northstander - 22-06-2021

(22-06-2021, 07:19 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Playing the Cowley way at the back.

2nd half reminiscent of Jackett's tenure here for me. Find out tmw who we play a week tonight then

RE: England - briefcase_wanchor - 22-06-2021

From the 3 games so far we have played well/dominated the opposition for about 30 mins in total. If these lot could only play like they do for their clubs.....

RE: England - Northstander - 24-06-2021

The Germans it is on Tuesday then

RE: England - Pedalo_menders - 24-06-2021

Id say that after the results yesterday, Amina Begum's got a better chance of coming home.

RE: England - bluetagagain - 24-06-2021

Last night Portugal managed over 800 passes,the only way England could do that would be by putting Harry Kane on Mastermind

RE: England - TBP - 24-06-2021

Why does Harry Kane spend all game hiding behind his defender? Does he not want the ball?

RE: England - BilltheCat - 24-06-2021

(24-06-2021, 01:13 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Id say that after the results yesterday, Amina Begum's got a better chance of coming home.

Do you mean Shamima?

RE: England - ForeverPompey - 29-06-2021

Seems GS has gone for all out defence against Germany. Looks like he hated watching exciting football yesterday haha. Hope it’s the right choice . Come on England.

RE: England - bluetagagain - 29-06-2021

Gareth Jackett

RE: England - Hammie - 29-06-2021

2 nil
welldone
stop moaning
enjoy the moment

RE: England - ForeverPompey - 29-06-2021

Boring as England are it’s working. Unlike jacket who was boring and unsuccessful. People will be moaning when we lose but let’s hope that’s not this tournament. Having said that, give me yesterday’s football any day. If today’s had been anyone but England I would have switched off! Still, more of the same Saturday please and on to semi’s hopefully.

RE: England - Northstander - 29-06-2021

(29-06-2021, 06:07 PM)Hammie Wrote: 2 nil
welldone
stop moaning
enjoy the moment

Exactly

RE: England - Smirnoffexpress - 29-06-2021

Southgate got out of jail. Dull as ditchwater until the goal but at least we are through.

we beat the jermins in a knockout game.
bore me up captain

RE: England - Smirnoffexpress - 29-06-2021

It doesn’t happen oftenBig Grin

about as often as pompey getting promoted and staying solvent at the same time!

RE: England - slayer - 29-06-2021

It's a proud night. Southgate you're the one, football's coming home again!

RE: England - Pedalo_menders - 29-06-2021

The two goals we scored today were fucking excellent. Especially the 2nd one. The buildup and final 3rd passing was absolutely immaculate.

WE BEAT GERMANY IN A KNOCKOUT GAME!!!!!!

RE: England - Chris37 - 30-06-2021

I was right behind the goal for both of our goals. When Kane got the second believe me there were limbs everywhere, total carnage but in a good way. It was like our celebration when David Norris scored the equaliser against scum in 2012. I was there as well!

RE: England - Rocketman - 30-06-2021

Brilliant Chris, will you make the semi & final WHEN we get there?

Rocketman, to be honest I will not be going to the Semi or Final. I went to the Czech Republic and Germany games due to my son and his three mates being England travel members. One of his mates could not go to those two games so I stepped in, well it would have been rude not to I guess. Although I am an England fan member I am not a travel member, these are the true fans that follow them home and away. My sons mate who I had the ticket from has said he can make those other games if we qualify. I kinda think that even if we win the tournament, its unlikely those joyous scenes will be replicated. Well it was Germany!

RE: England - TheSyrup - 30-06-2021

Did the players take the knee last night??

They did, both teams. Although I am against it, I didnt boo. Nor did anyone else either. I cant see Ukraine taking part in this virtue signalling pantomime, so expect booing in Rome!