TrueBlueArmy Forums
Next one signed - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Next one signed (/showthread.php?tid=725)

Next one signed - ForeverPompey - 26-06-2021

Ryan Tunnicliffe, 27, from Luton plus 9 previous clubs. Midfielder. Means nothing to me but hopefully he will have something.

RE: Next one signed - bluetagagain - 26-06-2021

That came from out left field, well done DC plus it looks Harvey White is coming back, lots of options for midfield

RE: Next one signed - BigSmokeBlue - 26-06-2021

Excellent signing is this and somewhat of a coup to fend off interest from other Championship clubs. Well done Pompey!

RE: Next one signed - Hammie - 26-06-2021

panic doom panic whinge.....
brick by brick (I hope)
at least we seem to be signing a balanced squad so far, seems a decent signing and on a weekend too.
Someone is clearly working hard behind he scenes.

RE: Next one signed - DeepBlue - 26-06-2021

200 games at Championship level or above.  Regular starter at Luton for the past two seasons, and potentially at his peak at 28. 

Seems quite a coup to me to persuade him to come down to league one for the first time in his career.

RE: Next one signed - Pedalo_menders - 27-06-2021

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/done-deal-portsmouths-transfer-coup-as-they-beat-off-hull-city-barnsley-derby-county-and-huddersfield-town-to-land-luton-towns-ryan-tunnicliffe-3287775

"Danny Cowley has beaten off a number of Championship clubs to the 28-year-old’s signature."

Really going above and beyond for the club. I hope his arm is OK  Tongue

RE: Next one signed - slayer - 27-06-2021

I was very unhappy and doubtful when I saw players going out without any coming in the other way, but DC really is pulling rabbits out of hats here - superb

RE: Next one signed - ForeverPompey - 27-06-2021

Lots of ifs coming up here from me... if we can get Harvey White, if we can keep Curtis, if we can sign a strong centre-forward and if we can get this Man C keeper then the first choice 11 will look promising. Not quite a squad yet but getting there.

RE: Next one signed - bluetagagain - 27-06-2021

Scumslayer did you honestly think we were going to sell / let go about a dozen players and bring no one in ???

RE: Next one signed - Gerry Hatrick - 27-06-2021

(27-06-2021, 11:46 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Lots of ifs coming up here from me... if we can get Harvey White, if we can keep Curtis, if we can sign a strong centre-forward and if we can get this Man C keeper then the first choice 11 will look promising. Not quite a squad yet but getting there.

Well short at the moment.....but getting there. We have 15/16 by my reckoning. Need at least another four.

IMO You need 22 first team players plus another 3 or 4 younguns who could step in on an emergency

RE: Next one signed - slayer - 27-06-2021

I thought we would retain all out of contracts bar McG and top up with loans up to a minimum sized squad so what we have got so far has been pleasing to see.

A clear out is what was needed and a clearout is what's happening. If McG wants to go then fine,I only want players who want to be here.

RE: Next one signed - DeepBlue - 27-06-2021

(27-06-2021, 03:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: A clear out is what was needed and a clearout is what's happening. If McG wants to go then fine,I only want players who want to be here.

McG didn't want to go but the club did not want to take up the extension on his contract because it included a sizeable pay increase.   He will be out of contract in a few days now so will definitely go elsewhere because he is not being offered anything here.

RE: Next one signed - Hammie - 27-06-2021

and to be honest he is a very good shot stopper but increasingly flapped the ball back into play creating chances and own goals.

RE: Next one signed - DeepBlue - 27-06-2021

I'd still rather have him as first choice than a 19 year old who couldn't hold on to a first team place at Rochdale last year. 

But maybe Bass will start as first choice as the older player.

RE: Next one signed - Hammie - 27-06-2021

Bass deserves the chance now or will have to go on loan long term at this stage
I will not be surprised of an older keeper arrives maybe as player coach

If we sign the kid from Man City ,I reckon he'll start as first choice otherwise City won't let him come.Personally i think he's going to become a really good keeper from what I've heard from Irish mates.

RE: Next one signed - slayer - 28-06-2021

Agree with that, we have no one here to teach him anything as we have parted with Keeley so surely the only incentive is the promise of first team football

RE: Next one signed - DeepBlue - 28-06-2021

(27-06-2021, 09:47 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: If we sign the kid from Man City ,I reckon he'll start as first choice otherwise City won't let him come.Personally i think he's going to become a really good keeper from what I've heard from Irish mates.

Why not ? They let him go to Rochdale last season and he was not automatic first choice there. He only got picked for 29 of the 46 games. 

The club would surely never agree to a loan deal with terms like that ... apart from anything else it would be totally unfair to Bass , who is more likely to be ready for the challenge at his age. 

It should be an interesting battle between the two of them, they are both young keepers with very good potential but it will be a level playing field - surely not dictated by the terms of any loan.

RE: Next one signed - Rick Pumpkin - 28-06-2021

(28-06-2021, 01:12 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(27-06-2021, 09:47 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: If we sign the kid from Man City ,I reckon he'll start as first choice otherwise City won't let him come.Personally i think he's going to become a really good keeper from what I've heard from Irish mates.

Why not ? They let him go to Rochdale last season and he was not automatic first choice there. He only got picked for 29 of the 46 games. 

The club would surely never agree to a loan deal with terms like that ... apart from anything else it would be totally unfair to Bass , who is more likely to be ready for the challenge at his age. 

It should be an interesting battle between the two of them, they are both young keepers with very good potential but it will be a level playing field - surely not dictated by the terms of any loan.

Deep, that'll have been because he broke a finger and was out while he recovered.  When he was available he was their first choice.

A little bit of digging and you'll be amazed at what information you can find...

RE: Next one signed - DeepBlue - 28-06-2021

Thats not true. 

Read the Rochdale journo's assessment of his time at Rochdale in the News. He talks about how he was dropped, ironically after letting in two against us and how many Rochdale fans were underwhelmed with him. He thinks he will do better in a better team, so let's hope that is the case.  

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/a-wonderful-prospect-who-portsmouth-can-use-better-the-lowdown-on-manchester-city-keeper-gavin-bazunu-3286653

RE: Next one signed - stayinupforever - 28-06-2021

If he'll do well with a better defence in front of him doesn't that mean he's poor and the defence is stopping goals going in?

RE: Next one signed - Northstander - 28-06-2021

(28-06-2021, 12:39 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Agree with that, we have no one here to teach him anything as we have parted with Keeley so surely the only incentive is the promise of first team football

A Goalkeeping Coach is one of many items on the Cowley's agenda. It won't be Darryl Flahavan, he has joined Leam Richardson, Jack and Tom Naylor to be Wigan's Goalie Coach

RE: Next one signed - BilltheCat - 28-06-2021

Michael Poke.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/poke-appointed-goalkeeping-coach/