TrueBlueArmy Forums
Steve Cotterill - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Steve Cotterill (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Steve Cotterill - Isaac Hunt - 23-12-2020

What a star,from bottom of the league 3 top scalps in a row and gives us top spot at Christmas.

RE: Steve Cotterill - TBP - 23-12-2020

Always a better manager than he got credit for when he was here. It was a very difficult time.

RE: Steve Cotterill - slayer - 23-12-2020

Remembered for being a coont than effective. Being a coont will do that.

RE: Steve Cotterill - bluetagagain - 23-12-2020

Didn't impress me when he was here. Thought he was a bit of a Billy Big Bollix IMO.

RE: Steve Cotterill - muschi - 24-12-2020

I do miss his gibberish interviews, highly entertaining in a WTF kind of way.

RE: Steve Cotterill - DeepBlue - 24-12-2020

(24-12-2020, 06:58 AM)muschi Wrote: I do miss his gibberish interviews, highly entertaining in a WTF kind of way.

To be fair he was managing here in impossible times for a manager, having to deal with all kinds of stuff in administration like the pre-season tour of America debacle. 

So while I had every sympathy with him for not being a great success I could never forgive him for his sterile style of football. People moan about  Jackettball but Cotterill was ten times worse. The worst style of football of any manager we've had bar Pulis.

RE: Steve Cotterill - slayer - 24-12-2020

Fair assessment

RE: Steve Cotterill - bluebollox - 24-12-2020

Deep, @ 1st he was manager under Antonov-yes? So for a bit it wasn't under admin etc was it? I maybe wrong but I lose track of all the administrations etc. Cotterball though-bloody idiot @ times. And as you say awful football, just launching it for 90mins.
Michael Appleton-now that was a impossible situation.

RE: Steve Cotterill - DeepBlue - 24-12-2020

(24-12-2020, 01:50 PM)bluebollox Wrote: Deep, @ 1st he was manager under Antonov-yes? So for a bit it wasn't under admin etc was it? I maybe wrong but I lose track of all the administrations etc. Cotterball though-bloody idiot @ times. And as you say awful football, just launching it for 90mins.
Michael Appleton-now that was a impossible situation.

Don't think I claimed he was only manager in admin did I ? Just that he had a lot a administration problems to deal with, as of course did Appleton but Cotterill did have to deal with situations like the 'last game ever' at Hull and the American tour fiasco. 

Antonov was only there for his last few months.

RE: Steve Cotterill - bluebollox - 27-12-2020

Same old spiky DB. Never said you did. All I'm saying is imo Appleton had to put up with @ least as much as Cotterball.

RE: Steve Cotterill - DeepBlue - 27-12-2020

(27-12-2020, 03:05 PM)bluebollox Wrote: Same old spiky DB. Never said you did. All I'm saying is imo Appleton had to put up with @ least as much as Cotterball.

pardon me then for intepreting "So for a bit it wasn't under admin etc was it?" the way I did. How else was I meant to interpret the "was it" ?

Appleton's admin problems were indeed as bad as Cotterill's and you could feel more sorry for him because he was only here for week or so before the wheels came off the Antonov ownership, so he had to deal with stuff he definitely had not signed up for. 

RE: Steve Cotterill - slayer - 27-12-2020

It's remarkable that there can be such a stark difference of opinion over clear, recent facts concerning our club.

Short memories indeed

RE: Steve Cotterill - bluebollox - 28-12-2020

Not really scumslayer, some of it is over 10yrs ago. What may be crystal clear in your memory may not be in others especially the older you get. Just pointing out to DB that Appleton had it as bad if not worse than Cotterball. But I tend not to feel sorry for managers, they'll get another job usually.
Hey ho, best to look forwards than back.