TrueBlueArmy Forums
Eisner interview - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Eisner interview (/showthread.php?tid=777)

Eisner interview - Hammie - 22-07-2021

Once I managed to get it working, seems to be about what I would have expected.
Still building brick by brick.
A few decent pics of the work going on the stands. Shame they are tucked away in a video.
interesting comments about how the training set up needs repairs and then improvement. 
Still committed to a youth set up which is vital for me. 
Social media comments are interesting. "a world of anger and life" that sort of sums it up really. 
finishing up with how he was able to quickly respond to the racist abuse.

Good interview I thought. Again so much more open and honest than we have suffered for much of the last 40 years or so.

RE: Eisner interview - malcm - 22-07-2021

(22-07-2021, 08:37 PM)Hammie Wrote: Once I managed to get it working, seems to be about what I would have expected.
Still building brick by brick.
A few decent pics of the work going on the stands. Shame they are tucked away in a video.
interesting comments about how the training set up needs repairs and then improvement. 
Still committed to a youth set up which is vital for me. 
Social media comments are interesting. "a world of anger and life" that sort of sums it up really. 
finishing up with how he was able to quickly respond to the racist abuse.

Good interview I thought. Again so much more open and honest than we have suffered for much of the last 40 years or so.

How did you get it working???

I have mailed them 4 times so far explaining there is no link...no reply!!!

RE: Eisner interview - Hammie - 22-07-2021

i turned my Kasperski off then it worked immediately!
probably a pop up blocker in some way
Don't know if its just me, but I find more and more sites being blocked by Kaspersky with no message to tell me either.
number one son who is IT techy says that few in the know bother paying for anti virus now, Microsoft 11 apparently gives good coverage.

RE: Eisner interview - malcm - 23-07-2021

(22-07-2021, 10:21 PM)Hammie Wrote: i turned my Kasperski off then it worked immediately!
probably a pop up blocker in some way
Don't know if its just me, but I find more and more sites being blocked by Kaspersky with no message to tell me either.
number one son who is IT techy says that few in the know bother paying for anti virus now, Microsoft 11 apparently gives good coverage.

Thx for reply.

I don't have Kaspersky but do have ABP which I turned off...still didn't work!!...and still no comment from PFC????

RE: Eisner interview - foxleyblue - 23-07-2021

I've been informed by a computer guru that windows defender is all we need.

RE: Eisner interview - BilltheCat - 23-07-2021

It's on YouTube.

RE: Eisner interview - stayinupforever - 23-07-2021

Worked first time on mobile phone. An update of where we are basically.

RE: Eisner interview - foxleyblue - 23-07-2021

(23-07-2021, 08:53 AM)BilltheCat Wrote: It's on YouTube.

Yep, that's where I watched it.
He comes across to me as an honest guy, with Pompey's best interests at heart. Smile

RE: Eisner interview - Hammie - 23-07-2021

for me nice to have a genuine owner who has not made any stupid promises but continues to deliver just what he said he would.

RE: Eisner interview - mikey393 - 23-07-2021

I watched on Youtube & thought it was a very honest & Open assessment.

Good to know about all the work we don't see behind the scenes.

He likes to give manager's a chance to prove themselves & was very patient with Kenny but ultimately he didn't deliver promotion so had to go.

Also, the fact that we wants the club to progress up the leagues with The Premier League the ultimate goal.

The club needed a total restructure which is what he's orchestrated & I believe more patience required.

DC wants the right players for his system & lets hope he gets them sooner rather than later.

The Youth system is vital moving forwards so we grow our own saving thousands on buying average players from other teams.

That coupled together with a good loan policy should get us to the playoffs again but this time we want to go one better & make the Championship.

If we do it's a whole new ball game if ME wants us to establish ourselves which will mean spending a decent amount of money in new signings & wages.

RE: Eisner interview - Tufnell_Chimes - 01-09-2021

There was a piece in the Guardian the other day about Frank Oz, co-creator of the muppets, and in amongst all the other stuff there was a little nugget of a quote about negotiations with Michael Eisner when he was trying to buy both The Muppets and Sesame Street:
“There’s an inability for corporate America to understand the value of something they bought."

Frank Oz

RE: Eisner interview - slayer - 01-09-2021

I can vouch first hand for that. US firm bought out a former employer, could not for the life of them see that the people were the IP, not the output