TrueBlueArmy Forums
What's Curtis worth? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What's Curtis worth? (/showthread.php?tid=802)

Pages: 1 2

What's Curtis worth? - slayer - 31-07-2021

Would have expected to see some movement by now unless there are no suitors or we are overvaluing him

RE: What's Curtis worth? - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 31-07-2021

£2 million apparently

RE: What's Curtis worth? - ForeverPompey - 01-08-2021

I imagine he will leave in last week of window for around a million increasing if he plays certain number of games, plus a sell-on clause.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - WheresDave - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 08:06 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: I imagine he will leave in last week of window for around a million increasing if he plays certain number of games, plus a sell-on clause.

1 billion dollars Idea

RE: What's Curtis worth? - DeepBlue - 01-08-2021

I remember Catlin saying that if we got 1.5m for him that would make our playing budget bigger than last year's. That made me think that was what we were expecting to get for him, any more would be a bonus.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - bluebollox - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 10:49 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: I remember Catlin saying that if we got 1.5m for him that would make our playing budget bigger than last year's. That made me think that was what we were expecting to get for him, any more would be a bonus.

I wouldn't be in any rush to let him go, pretty much guaranteed goals & assists which if he leaves have to be replaced.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - Pangus - 01-08-2021

Bluebollox is right, for all his suspect temperament Curtis could be extremely difficult to replace given that he regularly comes up with a very helpful supply of goals and assists.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - ForeverPompey - 01-08-2021

I know he’s not everybody’s favourite but it sounds as though his attitude has been spot on in pre season so credit to him for that. I really hope we don’t lose him. 40 goals plus assists in 3 years is hard to replace, but if he goes then good luck to him at a higher level.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - Hammie - 01-08-2021

an upbeat positive manager might help him too, seems the sort of player who needs encouragement and an arm around the shoulder from time to time.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - Tomsk - 01-08-2021

I'd say he seems more like someone who needs a right good boot up the arse, regularly

RE: What's Curtis worth? - Deebo - 01-08-2021

My thoughts exactly Tomsk.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - dsmg - 01-08-2021

He's excellent for this level

RE: What's Curtis worth? - Pedalo_menders - 01-08-2021

He's not my cup of tea. We should bite anyone's arm off who would consider a 7 figure sum for him.

Inconsistent, poor crosser, moaner. Jacobs is better.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - BilltheCat - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 07:54 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Jacobs is better.

Seriously?

When was Curtis sidelined with an injury?

Not since I've been watching PFC!

RE: What's Curtis worth? - bluetagagain - 01-08-2021

Not sure how you can say Jacobs is better when he’s hardly played. Curtis has one of the best scoring/ assists record in the lower leagues for a wide player. He’s worth 7 figures. Just because his will to win makes him slightly arrogant is hardly a fault. Better than than being a nice guy who tries hard. Nearly all the best players have an arrogance streak some just don’t show it.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - bluebollox - 01-08-2021

What bluetagagain said. Jacobs has been injured so often he's hardly strung half a dozen games together. Curtis on the other hand, great fitness & he is CONSISTENT. The facts speak for themselves.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - Pedalo_menders - 01-08-2021

Being injury prone is different to being a better/worse player. I agree Jacobs has a poor injury record. He's still a much better player than Curtis though.

I'm really scratching my head to understand how people think Curtis is consistent. He's all over the place in terms of form.

We may end up losing both players and that would be a serious problem.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - bluetagagain - 01-08-2021

If you haven’t Jacobs play many games how do you know he’s a better player. I haven’t seen anything to tell me that. I’ve heard he’s good but we haven’t seen it at Pompey yet.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - dsmg - 01-08-2021

Curtis 2018-19: 49 apps - 14 goals
2019-20: 44 - 14
2020-21: 49 -14

If that is someone who's all over the place in terms of form then give me more of them. He's a winger ffs. I think you'll find he also has a shedload of assists.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - slayer - 01-08-2021

Agree with all others on here, contributes consistently (lest we forget in Kenny Jackett teams) and attitude has been impeccable this pre-season

RE: What's Curtis worth? - muschi - 02-08-2021

I'm struggling to think of a better winger in terms of goals and assists in my long history of following pompey.

Selling him for anything less than 5 mil would be madness in mho. He does the magical things at times and equal measures of  insanity. So did George Best albeit at much higher level, He's a match winner it cannot be denied. How many times has he turned games with a moment of individual brilliance?

Build the team round him and make him feel loved' fratton end find a song for him, we have a jewel, lets polish it.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - dsmg - 02-08-2021

Too right, Muschi (although 5 mill and comparisons with the one and only George Best might be a little over the top!).

RE: What's Curtis worth? - Deebo - 02-08-2021

It's going to be interesting to see how he fits in if DC plays two up front. Curtis would then not be effectively an auxiliary striker which he has done so well at over the last few seasons and will have to improve the weaker areas of his game if he is asked to play as a more conventional left-sided midfielder in a different formation. As for what he's worth well let's hope he's not let go for less than the £2m that is being mooted as that would be a desperate move. I hope he stays. With such a small squad his playing and performance record will be vital again this season.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - muschi - 02-08-2021

I compared attitude not ability to that of GB, Goal scorers attract a premium and if Matt Clarke went for around 4.5 mil why not more for a proven goal scorer?

I think we tend to sell cheap quite often Brighton paid 25 mil for a centre back we let go for relative peanuts for example.  Jamal Lowe is another example.

RE: What's Curtis worth? - Deebo - 02-08-2021

He's gotta get a lot more shagging and boozing in to be up there with Bestie.