TrueBlueArmy Forums
Express fm - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Express fm (/showthread.php?tid=803)

Express fm - Yepmop70 - 01-08-2021

What's happened to the commentary ? Usually they cover all the friendlies as well, will they be doing the league games this season or has their funding dried up. Interested to know some info if anyone knows.

RE: Express fm - PompeyDB - 01-08-2021

Express FM have not provided commentary on Pompey matches for ages. That is done by BBC Radio Solent, and broadcast on Express. The BBC are not going to waste their airtime on pre-season friendlies are they. Express would have, back when they could.

Pompey wouldn't give Express the rights to their commentary, or something. Anyone else remember the details of that?

RE: Express fm - Cressers - 01-08-2021

On Saturday, Solent were covering the Bournemouth vs MK Dons League Cup first round match, with occasional drop-ins to a reporter at FP. Given Pompey have pulled a couple of pre-season friendlies there hasn't been much for Express FM to rebroadcast.

RE: Express fm - Hammie - 01-08-2021

hopefully there might be a little less criticism of Solent if they are the only station prepared to broadcast Pompey. Best hope the govt does not abolish the licence fee as all the local type service things would quickly be closed.

RE: Express fm - Cressers - 01-08-2021

If Solent were to close, or more likely contract to be part of a more regional service, I can imagine PFC making an arrangement with Express FM, or broadcasting their own livestream commo.

RE: Express fm - exterminator - 01-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 07:33 PM)Cressers Wrote: If Solent were to close, or more likely contract to be part of a more regional service, I can imagine PFC making an arrangement with Express FM, or broadcasting their own livestream commo.

I'm sure that  "Moon Face"tweeted  it is the Radio Scumlent PFC Forum on Monday evening with AC/DC & support from a player.   

IIRC PFC only wanted one commentary team at matches due to difficulties with facilities at some of the away grounds. They chose Scumlent with "Moon Face" & Whitts but insisted that Express FM also broadcast the same commentary.

RE: Express fm - Hammie - 02-08-2021

(01-08-2021, 07:56 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 07:33 PM)Cressers Wrote: If Solent were to close, or more likely contract to be part of a more regional service, I can imagine PFC making an arrangement with Express FM, or broadcasting their own livestream commo.

I'm sure that  "Moon Face"tweeted  it is the Radio Scumlent PFC Forum on Monday evening with AC/DC & support from a player.   

IIRC PFC only wanted one commentary team at matches due to difficulties with facilities at some of the away grounds. They chose Scumlent with "Moon Face" & Whitts but insisted that Express FM also broadcast the same commentary.

good info thanks!