TrueBlueArmy Forums
watching online - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: watching online (/showthread.php?tid=821)

watching online - Hammie - 04-08-2021

I just had a very clear email from the eFL
so we should be able to watch midweek and possibly bank holiday games via iplayer 
I'd be happy with that

although I'm hoping to make some midweek games when they are not school nights (for the grandchildren) and hopefully some decent )ie fratton end) tickets are available.

RE: watching online - Hammie - 04-08-2021

I'll try and put in a linky but always find it incredibly difficult on here, feel free to edit when I get it wrong!
https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/how-to-watch-the-efl-in-season-202122/?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=how_to_watch_the_efl_in_season_202122__ifollow&utm_content=2021-08-04

ooh it worked, someone made it easier!

RE: watching online - teeftwo - 05-08-2021

Still don't understand why, in this modern era, teams cannot sell online streaming for their away games to registered supporters of the club for each and every match, including Saturday games.

Would be easy enough to put in place. You have to be registered with the club and you can only be registered with one club, you have to have attended one home game to prevent club surfing by home supporters. It's so archaic and really missing a trick on opening up another revenue stream.

RE: watching online - Hammie - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 08:43 AM)teeftwo Wrote: Still don't understand why, in this modern era, teams cannot sell online streaming for their away games to registered supporters of the club for each and every match, including Saturday games.

Would be easy enough to put in place. You have to be registered with the club and you can only be registered with one club, you have to have attended one home game to prevent club surfing by home supporters. It's so archaic and really missing a trick on opening up another revenue stream.

Trouble is that too many would find a way to just share (steal) the link. Still call them self a supporter but not prepared to pay even a penny to support their club. 

"Fixtures that are moved from 3pm Saturday kick-offs for non-television purposes can also be streamed."
Just saw this on the official website.
Not quite how I read the EFL email which seemed to say no transmission between friday evening and sunday afternoon.
As written above, does that mean the club could move kick off to 4pm as there was a big queue for Covid testing and then send it out live on iplayer?

RE: watching online - DeepBlue - 05-08-2021

(05-08-2021, 04:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: "Fixtures that are moved from 3pm Saturday kick-offs for non-television purposes can also be streamed."
Not quite how I read the EFL email which seemed to say no transmission between friday evening and sunday afternoon.
As written above, does that mean the club could move kick off to 4pm as there was a big queue for Covid testing and then send it out live on iplayer?

Do you mean iplayer ?  or Ifollow ? 

As far as i know the BBC don't have any rights to live games.

(05-08-2021, 05:37 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 04:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: "Fixtures that are moved from 3pm Saturday kick-offs for non-television purposes can also be streamed."

Do you mean iplayer ?  or Ifollow ? 

As far as i know the BBC don't have any rights to live games.
ooops ifollow

RE: watching online - Hammie - 06-08-2021

not much to say just moving it up to push spam down