TrueBlueArmy Forums
Andy Moon - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Andy Moon (/showthread.php?tid=840)

Andy Moon - Northstander - 06-08-2021

of BBC Radio Solent has produced his view of our chances for the season ahead......For the past three years Portsmouth have been one of the clear favourites for promotion from League One. Not this season.
The budget has been reduced, making it tough for Danny Cowley to rebuild a squad that ultimately failed under Kenny Jackett.
Automatic promotion was the objective for the past few seasons but realistically this year sneaking into the play-offs would represent a good achievement.
One to watch: Gassan Ahadme has scored eight goals in pre-season. It would be a lot to ask a 20 year-old Norwich loanee to fire Pompey to the play-offs but he’s impressed both fellow players and supporters so far...............For me he is spot on, what do you think ? 

RE: Andy Moon - Cressers - 06-08-2021

Avoiding relegation will be a result this season.

RE: Andy Moon - Northstander - 06-08-2021

I hope we do a bit better than that Cressers but I can see where you are coming from

RE: Andy Moon - Hammie - 06-08-2021

we will need luck with injuries and suspensions especially early in the season. Quality good, but paper thin especially with midweek cup fixtures to fulfill, have we many reserves and kids left to play in those games?

RE: Andy Moon - stayinupforever - 06-08-2021

Enjoyable football to watch would be a start then see where it takes us.

RE: Andy Moon - exgaffer - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 07:46 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Enjoyable football to watch would be a start then see where it takes us.

Yep I’d settle for that mush  Smile .

RE: Andy Moon - blueinbrum3 - 06-08-2021

Top half finish would be a good outcome. DC has done his utmost to produce a competitive side albeit with one hand tied behind his back. But the reality is that apart from being light on numbers the squad lacks that bit of real quality that can make a difference come end of the season.

RE: Andy Moon - slayer - 06-08-2021

Moon's assessment would represent a good year for Cowley.

I think we will struggle, languish and then have to rally to place respectably. This is going to be a year where we lose a lot of bed wetters.

RE: Andy Moon - bluetagagain - 06-08-2021

Play offs maybe 6 or 7th. 442 magazine has us finishing 9th

RE: Andy Moon - Smirnoffexpress - 07-08-2021

My heart says that we are going to play like Brazil 70 all season and go up as champions without dropping a point. My head says “Poundland Pompey” will be erratic, inconsistent and finish above the relegation places but below playoff places.

RE: Andy Moon - briefcase_wanchor - 07-08-2021

Yeah - we're screwed boys, screwed.

RE: Andy Moon - mikey393 - 07-08-2021

His analysis sounds about right but Not having all the pressure of firm promotion favourites could play into our hands. Ahadme needs to stay fit & be rested in all cup games if possible to keep razor sharp. Playing good football is critical to keep the fans onboard. The Owners need to be prepared to dip their hands in their sewn up pockets in January if we look to have a chance of promotion.

RE: Andy Moon - DeepBlue - 07-08-2021

(07-08-2021, 07:39 AM)mikey393 Wrote: His analysis sounds about right but Not having all the pressure of firm promotion favourites could play into our hands. Ahadme needs to stay fit & be rested in all cup games if possible to keep razor sharp. Playing good football is critical to keep the fans onboard. The Owners need to be prepared to dip their hands in their sewn up pockets in January if we look to have a chance of promotion.

Whether we play good football or not if we start losing games the bedwetters will be out in force. 

I'm optimistic because the quality of the new signings is good and as long as we can make three or four more signing before the window closes we should have some depth in the squad.  

And people talk about the money being spent by others giving us no chance, but of them only Ipswich and Wigan have spent well IMO and look favourites for the first two places, but the rest is up for grabs. And we all know spending money is no guarantee anyway so who's to say we can't do a Wycombe and succeed due to teamwork and a good young manager.

RE: Andy Moon - Bluebob - 07-08-2021

Totally agree Deep, in this league a lot depends how good the manager is, not necessarily what expensive players you have. What you have to remember Paul Cook has not got Richardson with him where he has had all of his success. Potentially we have an exciting young manager and if his team plays like they did in that first game against Ipswich and we get a few more in then I believe we could be in for a very good season.

RE: Andy Moon - ForeverPompey - 07-08-2021

9th with lots of bumps along the way and promotion an absolute must the following season.

RE: Andy Moon - exterminator - 07-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 07:02 PM)Cressers Wrote: Avoiding relegation will be a result this season.

Have some faith in the Cowleys Cressage ffs, get your Dalek in to extermination mode  Big Grin

I predict that we will surprise a few fans, fast attacking ball on the ground football means we are in for a great entertaining season.

With the Cowleys meticulous planning & attention to detail plus 3/4 late transfer window signings we will be up there in amongst the play off contenders.. ......if not better.

RE: Andy Moon - Deebo - 07-08-2021

I'm looking forward to a Jackshitt free season, some decent football and getting down for a few games. Pup!

RE: Andy Moon - bluetagagain - 07-08-2021

Really looking forward to getting down the Park, meeting up with old friends and actually watching football how it should be played. Bring it all on Cowley brothers.