TrueBlueArmy Forums
Morrell to Ipswich - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Morrell to Ipswich (/showthread.php?tid=855)

Pages: 1 2

Morrell to Ipswich - Roybatty - 09-08-2021

No wage cut and originally from the area,looks like we're miss out to Ipswich again

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - mikey393 - 09-08-2021

Really annoying loosing out again. Unfortunately money talks so onto the next target.

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - Wightblue - 09-08-2021

If Morrell is going to Ipswich let’s hope that Ben Thompson is coming to Pompey, he wasn’t either in Millwall’s starting 11 or on the bench on Saturday.

Problem is that  Ben Thompson sounds expensive in wages if he is on loan and way out of our reach if it’s a fee,  if we were to get him on loan, how will the rest of the squad react to somebody coming in on much higher wages than the rest ?

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - mikey393 - 09-08-2021

Wight that's football for you & I'm sure they know how it works.

He's a proven player for Pompey so will accept it.

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - Pedalo_menders - 09-08-2021

Well done whoever leaked this one ffs.

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - blueandwight - 09-08-2021

Got to laugh really under the Eisners we appear to be unable compete with anybody.

It's all to do with 'sustainability'...that goes for the Ticket Office as well

Can we have a list of clubs that we able to compete with Leagues One and Two

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - Roybatty - 09-08-2021

Jacobs not going now, Ipswich pull the plug, they will definitely get morrell now

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - Northstander - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 01:27 PM)Roybatty Wrote: Jacobs not going now, Ipswich pull the plug, they will definitely get morrell now

Thought it was funny over the weekend that Jacobs hadn't signed, now we know that Ipswich have signed Kyle Edwards so they dont need our  Crackers

Here's a tip for the Cowleys.
Try working with what you've got instead of getting rid of everyone and then wondering why you can't replace them.

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - Roybatty - 09-08-2021

Maybe blackburn will take curtis,free up funds that way

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - exgaffer - 09-08-2021

When will you lot ever learn?  Smile 

Some of you get excited over rumours (usually put about by agents), then get all disappointed when the signings don’t occur.

We get all the headlines and click bait labelled ‘hijacked’ and other such bollox.

The time to get excited is when a good player puts pen to paper, never before.

Morrell’s agent will have been trying to get the best financial deal, that’s all there is to it. We have a budget and, rightly, won’t go beyond it.

On the bright side, we get to keep Jacobs, a very good player.

We will also look elsewhere for a good midfield player and I have no doubt we will get one.

Nothing is done until it’s done ffs.

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - briefcase_wanchor - 09-08-2021

By all accounts, according to fans at his last 2 clubs, Morrell is a squinny act when not in the team. Don’t need that kind of twat at Pompey thanks. Let him go and stir up things in another dressing room.

Has to be said though, Ipswich are putting a tidy little attacking squad together. Let’s hope Davros’ tactics nullify that. Their defence sounds a little suspect.

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - muschi - 09-08-2021

On this one I completely agree with Gaffs hence I never comment on potential signings. (or sales).

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - Trarchus - 09-08-2021

This might be the reason for the Jacobs deal stalling. 

Winger

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - DeepBlue - 09-08-2021

With Jacobs staying, and Armstrong signing for scum this must increase the chances of Curtis going to Blackburn after all. I'd settle for that if it meant we could afford a class midfielder. 

Losing out on Morrell will be disappointing but not the end of the world.

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - bluebollox - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 04:29 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: With Jacobs staying, and Armstrong signing for scum this must increase the chances of Curtis going to Blackburn after all. I'd settle for that if it meant we could afford a class midfielder. 

Losing out on Morrell will be disappointing but not the end of the world.

I just dont get this push to get Curtis out. 12-14 goals a season plus the same amount of assists pretty much guaranteed. If we sell before we buy as has seemingly been the case with Jacobs going before buying Morrell then selling Curtis could mean getting gazumped again for his replacement.
In short I'd rather keep Curtis, to quote the song "you dont know what you've got until its gone". The money must still be there from the failed Stockley purchase so keep Curtis & then bring in 2 CM's.

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - PlymouthGraham - 09-08-2021

The trouble is Curtis goes, we are left with Jacobs, he plays 20 games Reeko plays other 20+..does not bode well..just to add more ire,Thompson will sign, but it will be Louis not Ben..that said i aint bothered about BT coming or not

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - slayer - 09-08-2021

We are a fucking shambles

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - exgaffer - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 05:04 PM)scumslayer Wrote: We are a fucking shambles

Not sure how you work that one out.

We seem to be doing business in a very professional way, unlike some clubs I might mention.

So what are you suggesting? That we engage in a wages auction with Ipswich?

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - slayer - 09-08-2021

We need a pot to piss in for that

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - Isaac Hunt - 09-08-2021

Ipswich have signed 13 players according to the link above.
I don"t know how many the got rid of, but it sounds like a whole new squad Cookie is assembling.
Someone is ambitious there.

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - ForeverPompey - 09-08-2021

Indeed. The funny thing is we have signed something like 10 new players but it doesn't feel like an ambitious new squad we have. Still feels like a half-finished job.

RE: Morrell to Ipswich - bluebollox - 09-08-2021

Turned down Ipshit, coming here apparently. Something to do with his previous time with Cowley. Could well be a case of alls well that ends well.