TrueBlueArmy Forums
Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey (/showthread.php?tid=857)

Pages: 1 2

Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - BigSmokeBlue - 09-08-2021

Just been announced officially on OS. Excellent signing. Just goes to show money doesn’t always talk.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/morrell-completes-pompey-switch/

We also get to keep Jacobs. 

Let’s give two fingers to Ipshit! 

He who laughs last laughs the longest!

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Hammie - 09-08-2021

brick by brick, not so far off a competitive squad now

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - slayer - 09-08-2021

I do say Tornante have found their chequebook. Wow

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Pedalo_menders - 09-08-2021

Fantastic signing. Something to get excited about and I can't wait to see him in a blue shirt.

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Gerry Hatrick - 10-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 10:28 PM)scumslayer Wrote: I do say Tornante have found their chequebook. Wow

Seems to be more down to Luton honouring their existing agreement with us. Perhaps Paul Cook could learn a lesson there. 

Re. Jacobs: just wondering if the Ipsshit medical had something to do with their decision.

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - JIMBON - 10-08-2021

Read his Wikipedia page regarding the move to Portsmouth. Fantastic stuff, great statement by Luton and even Mystic Meg tells us the future.

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Lt Dan - 10-08-2021

"On 9 August 2021, Morrell joined League 1 big boys (not chequebook fc) Portsmouth from the Hatters’ for an Undisclosed Fee rumoured too be around £950,000. A Luton Town Statement read:[citation needed]

Despite the desperation from Paul ‘Snakey’ Cook and his big spending nobodys we knew that ultimately Portsmouth was the best place for Joe (Morrell) too go and play his football plus Danny Cowley is a much better looking and sounding bloke and the Portsmouth fans are some of the best in the world and have the normal amount of fingers which is more then can be said about Ipswich.

On May 5 2022, Morrell lifted the League 1 title and screamed ‘Fu*k Ipswich"

Big Grin

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - ForeverPompey - 10-08-2021

Terrific news. Looking forward to Saturday. Can't say I'm impressed by the way Ipswich have handled the situation. Would be fair to say they haven't treated Jacobs very well. Let's hope he proves a big plus for us this season.

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Northstander - 10-08-2021

Happy Days, looking forward to Saturday also

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Gerry Hatrick - 10-08-2021

Just to be clear, I see the East Anglian Times is reporting that Jacobs had passed a 'thorough' medical before Cook decided to drop his interest. Disgusting really.

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - ForeverPompey - 10-08-2021

Louis Thompson in as well. Gives the midfield a bit more depth. No idea if he's any good of course but he'll have something to prove so no harm in it.

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Deebo - 10-08-2021

Ipswich are a club I have always had respect for since the days of Bill McGarry and Bobby Robson. I was at the game in 68(?) when they pipped us for promotion and have kept half an eye on them since. This season they have started behaving like the division’s Billy Bigbollix. Some will say that’s football and they would be right but I’m pretty sure that the old Chairman of the club, John Cobbold, a perfect gent who once famously said "There will never be a crisis at Ipswich Town unless the white wine runs out in the board room" wouldn’t be impressed. I should imagine there will be a lot of fans like me who had a little chuckle at their result on Saturday. PuP!!

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Pedalo_menders - 10-08-2021

(10-08-2021, 09:55 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Just to be clear, I see the East Anglian Times is reporting that Jacobs had passed a 'thorough' medical before Cook decided to drop his interest. Disgusting really.

We all knew we would be signing a Thompson in this window  Wink 

In his interview he describes himself as (and said with a big grin) a combative box to box midfielder. Sounds just like what we need. I hope he can pick a pass though!

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Trarchus - 10-08-2021

Pleased with this signing, felt we'd be ok and have good season. 
Reading about Thompson he was highly thought of at Norwich they gave him a good contract but his injuries have been awful at Luton.
Hope it's just bad luck and he does well for us.  

I'm on 10/1 for auto promotion.   Could be our year we're overdue Smile

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Hermann's_no_hermit - 10-08-2021

Really happy with the look of our midfield now. 3 quality signings plus a bit of an unknown with Thompson. Good to see us actually win a battle with one of the big spenders. Could probably do with another experienced forward and central defender but this squad coupled with a manager the players clearly respect and want to play for are starting to allay some of my worries for this season. Can't wait for Saturday

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - bluetagagain - 10-08-2021

Ref Thompson it’s fair to say he wouldn’t be a FP if he had no injury history/ problems, he’d still be at Naarwich. He’s signed a 1 yr performance related deal with the chance of a further 12 mths. Also we’ve gone back to taking another look at Jay Minigi

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - slayer - 10-08-2021

First team engine room looking competitive now. Now to add some MF depth in case one of them gets booted up in the air

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - mikey393 - 11-08-2021

(10-08-2021, 11:48 AM)Trarchus Wrote: Pleased with this signing, felt we'd be ok and have good season. 
Reading about Thompson he was highly thought of at Norwich they gave him a good contract but his injuries have been awful at Luton.

Get on at those odds. what's the ew odds for auto promotion or via play offs?

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Trarchus - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 04:15 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 11:48 AM)Trarchus Wrote: Pleased with this signing, felt we'd be ok and have good season. 

Get on at those odds. what's the ew odds for auto promotion or via play offs?

I did of course mean win the league  Cool

Pompey odds 
Win outright -10/1
Finish in top 2- 9/2
To be promoted -100/30
Finish top six- Evs

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - slayer - 11-08-2021

Think we are getting carried away here. Top half finish would be a good year for this squad.

The team looks like it might be able to challenge but the squad as a whole absolutely can't.

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - Trarchus - 12-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 09:47 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Think we are getting carried away here. Top half finish would be a good year for this squad.

The team looks like it might be able to challenge but the squad as a whole absolutely can't.

It's going to be long season with the usual twist and turns, ups and downs plus another transfer window in January. I think we're be around the top 5 don't think its a forlorn hope. So, I'm going to enjoy my bet either way.

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - DeepBlue - 12-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 09:47 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Think we are getting carried away here. Top half finish would be a good year for this squad.

How can you say that when you havent 'a clue what the squad will be by the end of the window ?

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - slayer - 12-08-2021

Easy Deep, simple logic: I am giving an opinion on the squad as it stands today.

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - DeepBlue - 12-08-2021

(12-08-2021, 02:47 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Easy Deep, simple logic: I am giving an opinion on the squad as it stands today.

What's the point of  being negative about something you know is going to change ?

RE: Morrell signs 3 year deal with Pompey - bluetagagain - 12-08-2021

It’s not simple logic because that would be true. It’s a simple guess. IMO the only position we are short in ( at the moment) is CB.