TrueBlueArmy Forums
Reeco scorcher - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Reeco scorcher (/showthread.php?tid=872)

Reeco scorcher - dsmg - 10-08-2021

Get in. Recco I mean

RE: Reeco scorcher - Northstander - 10-08-2021

(10-08-2021, 06:49 PM)dsmg Wrote: Get in. Recco I mean

What were their 2 goals like. Anyone at obvious fault ?

RE: Reeco scorcher - dsmg - 10-08-2021

Not sure, just listening to Andy Moon and Guy. Don't think there are any images anywhere. They've given Ahadme a bit of stick for not defending back. He's been substituted after Johnson's red card (unfair according to Guy). Uphill task now.

RE: Reeco scorcher - briefcase_wanchor - 10-08-2021

First goal, Ogilvy and Curtis got done by their right winger and we defended the cross poorly. Second goal the central defence were all over the place. Red card, only got a quick glimpse but it looked a little harsh, but could possibly have been very slightly late - Millwall surrounded the ref to condemn Johnson. Annoying thing is there was absolutely no danger.

RE: Reeco scorcher - dsmg - 10-08-2021

Where are you seeing it Wanchor? At the game?

RE: Reeco scorcher - briefcase_wanchor - 10-08-2021

(10-08-2021, 08:21 PM)dsmg Wrote: Where are you seeing it Wanchor? At the game?

Nope - highlights on SSN.

RE: Reeco scorcher - mikey393 - 10-08-2021

Listened on TS2 Reeco H-F very dangerous every time he had the ball.

Williams went off injured again after Saturday's problem in the warm up.

Ben Thompson came on as a sub & looked really sharp.

Romeo was their most dangerous & created their goal BW I think.

RE: Reeco scorcher - muschi - 11-08-2021

There is a good post match interview with Reeco.

He comes across as very level headed, knowing he has ability  without a big head, his attitude is spot on. I was thinking we should keep him out of the side until the transfer window is closed, Suspect we have a star in the making.

A much improved performance against a proven championship side, defence still not looking completely organised (two players unmarked at the far post for their second goal) but they are starting to look like a promotion challenging team.

RE: Reeco scorcher - dsmg - 11-08-2021

Marquis looks to be the weak link and might have problems getting in the team. Also his attempt to tackle the guy who ran through for their second goal was pathetic, in fact he ran through three of em.

RE: Reeco scorcher - slayer - 11-08-2021

Subs yesterday suggests Cowley will not tolerate John going back to goal in the middle of the opposition half grunting like a neanderthal and will bring Hirst on if he isn't keeping up the pitch.

Good. We have known for a while that Marquis is motivated by the stick, not the carrot but not really had the options on the bench to keep him honest

RE: Reeco scorcher - Pedalo_menders - 11-08-2021

It will be interesting to see where the weak links appear once the team settles. It could quite well be the usual suspects but there's not much DC can do about it in just 1 window and on a shoestring budget.

Gassan looks like he'll need a lot of mentoring but has huge potential.

Reekos goal was an absolute beaut! Cowley has mentioned Reeko is his project this season and he's going to be on him all the time. A breath of fresh air hearing our manager talk about improving players like this.

RE: Reeco scorcher - Hermann's_no_hermit - 11-08-2021

Wasn't able to watch the match yesterday so have just seen the highlights. Can't remember the last time I saw an individual goal as good as that from a Pompey player - not just the actual bullet shot but his set-up. Really hope that is the first of many. He is clearly already responding to playing for DC.

RE: Reeco scorcher - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 08:18 AM)muschi Wrote: There is a good post match interview with Reeco.

He comes across as very level headed, knowing he has ability  without a big head, his attitude is spot on. I was thinking we should keep him out of the side until the transfer window is closed, Suspect we have a star in the making.

A much improved performance against a proven championship side, defence still not looking completely organised (two players unmarked at the far post for their second goal) but they are starting to look like a promotion challenging team.
Watched it. He says obviously more than Danny Cowley says the word group (as a group, the group, this group etc). Impressive stuff, obviously