TrueBlueArmy Forums
Harrison - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Harrison (/showthread.php?tid=874)

Harrison - mikey393 - 10-08-2021

Not playing again tonight. Is he still at the club? Injured or being sold? anyone ITK?

RE: Harrison - ForeverPompey - 10-08-2021

Think they are still blaming covid.

RE: Harrison - Northstander - 11-08-2021

(10-08-2021, 10:29 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Think they are still blaming covid.

Yes indeed, the last I read was that he trained alone Friday due to Covid,  Sheff Wed were then linked to him on Saturday, since then it's gone quiet. Dodgy

RE: Harrison - slayer - 11-08-2021

Can see Harrison's suitors running the clock down on this deal and us dropping the price to get shot

RE: Harrison - DeepBlue - 11-08-2021

I'd be more than happy if we end up keeping him. His finishing is average at best but there are few players that work a defence harder than Harrison and if we let him go I suspect there will be times when we wish we had him as an option off the bench.

He's also a good influence for team spirit in the dressing room apparently, which is important when you have a lot of new players.

RE: Harrison - bluebollox - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 10:09 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: I'd be more than happy if we end up keeping him. His finishing is average at best but there are few players that work a defence harder than Harrison and if we let him go I suspect there will be times when we wish we had him as an option off the bench.

He's also a good influence for team spirit in the dressing room apparently, which is important when you have a lot of new players.

Honestly I think I've entered the twilight zone on here. People want our most productive player in Curtis gone, now our most unproductive player should stay.
I have to say it really does illustrate why Football fans has so many different opinions.

RE: Harrison - exgaffer - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 10:43 AM)bluebollox Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 10:09 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: I'd be more than happy if we end up keeping him. His finishing is average at best but there are few players that work a defence harder than Harrison and if we let him go I suspect there will be times when we wish we had him as an option off the bench.

Honestly I think I've entered the twilight zone on here. People want our most productive player in Curtis gone, now our most unproductive player should stay.
I have to say it really does illustrate why Football fans has so many different opinions.

Harrison does indeed ‘work a defence’ but at the end of the day a forward needs to be able to find the net reasonably often. I think to describe Harrison’s finishing as ‘average’ is charitable, he couldn’t hit a barn door from a yard. If he’s playing, the onus is on his strike partner (if he has one) to score. As for the ‘off the bench’ thing, you need an impact player for that.

Curtis, while a good player, has his flaws too, he is often guilty of going it alone rather than finding a team mate in a better position. I hope he stays of course but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if he left.

We might end up keeping both of them and I wouldn’t be unhappy with that either.

I think this is going to be an exciting season, bring it on.

PUP

RE: Harrison - Pedalo_menders - 11-08-2021

Harrison is as useful as a eunuch at a spermbank. What's his use if there's no bullet in the gun?

RE: Harrison - Hermann's_no_hermit - 11-08-2021

Not enough just to be a target man. A striker must score goals. Offload him quick

RE: Harrison - Wightblue - 11-08-2021

Let Harrison go for peanuts if necessary, just get rid of his inflated wages, can’t help that Cowley needs some financial elbow room.

What were Jackett and Catlin thinking of when they signed him, his only remote success was in non league football and Ipswich, who realised they had made a mistake in buying him, must have been mightily relieved to get nigh on £500,000 for him from Pompey.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see either Curtis and/or Jacobs go (for decent fees) before the window closes in a couple of weeks or so and Harrison hopefully.

Importantly, Cowley needs to have his ducks in a row with regard to achievable incoming targets if any of the three leave, quite possible that any player sales will be close to the window closing and Cowley must be ready to pounce.

RE: Harrison - mikey393 - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 08:38 AM)Northstander Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 10:29 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Think they are still blaming covid.

Yes indeed, the last I read was that he trained alone Friday due to Covid,  Sheff Wed were then linked to him on Saturday, since then it's gone quiet. Dodgy

Well, they must think he's a decent player being promotion favourites. 

I think he's an average striker, lots of effort, closing down defenders, good in the air & does need a decent striker to play off him Not Marquis as both hold up players.

A smaller quick goal scoring forward is needed. Have they tried him with Ahamde yet?

RE: Harrison - bluetagagain - 11-08-2021

I’ve always thought the problem was Marquis not the other strikers , that and only playing 1 striker without a proper number 10

RE: Harrison - mikey393 - 11-08-2021

(11-08-2021, 04:05 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I’ve always thought the problem was Marquis not the other strikers , that and only playing 1 striker without a proper number 10

If they want to play the proverbial 4-2-3-1 then you need a player capable of shielding the ball with the midfield giving him immediate support.

Not leaving him isolated on his own.

I'd prefer us to play with 2 up front so they can play off each other creating more goal scoring opportunities.

RE: Harrison - Hammie - 11-08-2021

there were those stats when Harrison got injured, showing that we scored more points per game with him in the team than when he was not.
Won't be distraught to see him go as we can probably get better value for money. If he stays I would get behind him as per any other blue shirt.

RE: Harrison - blueandwight - 11-08-2021

We are not overly blessed with prolific goalscorers and it's time to stop holding the squad last season accountable for the shortcomings of our last manager. My suggestion is that the Cowleys should work with what they've got instead of selling every other player and then wondering why we can't attract decent replacements. If he needs a couple of extra players I suggest he goes to the CEO and get him to remind the owners exactly what they bought into four years ago and see if they can reach the bottom of some very long pockets.