TrueBlueArmy Forums
Which side? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Which side? (/showthread.php?tid=888)

Which side? - Hermann's_no_hermit - 14-08-2021

If Reeco starts it seems likely he would be on the right. That would leave the odd situation where we have a left sided player on the right and a right sided player (Curtis) on the left. The worry for me is that would both naturally come inside, leaving us with very little width.

RE: Which side? - tl73 - 14-08-2021

Overlapping Fullbacks provide the width.

RE: Which side? - bluetagagain - 14-08-2021

Also either Curtis or Recco can play the number 10 role

RE: Which side? - DeepBlue - 14-08-2021

(14-08-2021, 11:54 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Also either Curtis or Recco can play the number 10 role

Keep seeing 'recco' on lots of social media. 

It's Reeco everyone.

RE: Which side? - bluetagagain - 14-08-2021

He told me prefers Reeko

RE: Which side? - Northstander - 14-08-2021

If he continues to play as well as he did today, he can call himself what ever he wants. Lol

RE: Which side? - Hermann's_no_hermit - 14-08-2021

I take it back! Thought it worked great, Curtis sharp and Reeco could be the find of the season if he keeps this up. Shame KJ never gave him the chance

RE: Which side? - PompeyDB - 14-08-2021

It's a game of opinions isn't it. I thought the game completely passed him by, and he barely touched the ball apart from to give it away occasionally. Despite our total dominance we didn't have much goal threat, and RHC was a big part of that.

However the midfield looks superb, the defence did nothing at all wrong, and Bazunu had the easiest debut any keeper ever could. He touched the ball with his hands once in the entire match!

RE: Which side? - slayer - 14-08-2021

Cowleys coaching into the players the same things Jackett tried to coach out of them.

Thank fuck we are free of that absolute footballing cancer of a man.

RE: Which side? - Northstander - 14-08-2021

I was quite surprised that Bazunu got the nod over Bass, we were talking at half time how little he had to do. Not that much more in the 2nd in all honesty but from them all an encouraging performance

RE: Which side? - slayer - 14-08-2021

Thought Bazunu decision was inevitable. Bass distribution has not been in keeping with the system and generally woeful in preseason

RE: Which side? - DeepBlue - 14-08-2021

(14-08-2021, 05:35 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Thought Bazunu decision was inevitable. Bass distribution has not been in keeping with the system and generally woeful in preseason

Most people's man of the match at Fleetwood though. 

Going to be an interesting battle between them, and if distribution is going to be the differentiator Bazunu did himself no favours in the second half with two very poor efforts that went straight into touch.

RE: Which side? - Gerry Hatrick - 14-08-2021

Bazanu v Bass
Disappointed for Alex but not surprised. He has been belting the ball down aimlessly the park for the past few games and is never going to be number one under Cowley while he continues to do that. Bazanu has played just one HALf of a game before today and will settle in in no time.

Reeco
Lost the ball nine times from 26 touches with 11 passes finding a blue shirt. Make of that what you will.

RE: Which side? - Isaac Hunt - 16-08-2021

Man City would have had an influence on that decision.
They don't want their protege bench warming

RE: Which side? - ForeverPompey - 16-08-2021

(14-08-2021, 06:27 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Bazanu v Bass
Disappointed for Alex but not surprised. He has been belting the ball down aimlessly the park for the past few games and is never going to be number one under Cowley while he continues to do that. Bazanu has played just one HALf of a game before today and will settle in in no time.

Reeco
Lost the ball nine times from 26 touches with 11 passes finding a blue shirt. Make of that what you will.

I thought he made a really bright start but disappeared from the game towards half time. Clearly has some talent and promise but didn't look ready to me for 90 minutes. I imagine he and Ahadme will switch in and out.

RE: Which side? - briefcase_wanchor - 16-08-2021

Bazunu played more like a sweeper when we had the ball up the pitch. Seemed to allow our centre backs to play higher up.

Liked the fact both our goals came from quick moves started deep. Tunnicliffes run for the first and Curtis’ cross field ball for the second.

RE: Which side? - Hammie - 16-08-2021

all sounds good but we will have to be aware that good sides will find a way to catch him in possession so expect a goal or two against when that happens and don't get on the young keeper's back when it happens.