TrueBlueArmy Forums
Attendance ?!! - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Attendance ?!! (/showthread.php?tid=892)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Attendance ?!! - Yepmop70 - 14-08-2021

Where were all the pompey fans ?? I know that some seats were not used because of safety issues but the South stand was half empty and the Milton end there were 1500 seats empty. Normally the first home league match is sold out at the beginning of the week. The club also said the reduced capacity would be 16500. Anybody know what happened, where were the missing 5000 ???

RE: Attendance ?!! - slayer - 14-08-2021

It's summer, we have grounds works going on, there is a pandemic and our ticket office are crap

RE: Attendance ?!! - TBP - 14-08-2021

(14-08-2021, 05:32 PM)Yepmop70 Wrote: Where were all the pompey fans ?? I know that some seats were not used because of safety issues but the South stand was half empty and the Milton end there were 1500 seats empty. Normally the first home league match is sold out at the beginning of the week. The club also said the reduced capacity would be 16500. Anybody know what happened, where were the missing 5000 ???

Still queuing up to buy tickets or transfer their season ticket seats.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Hammie - 14-08-2021

too many put off by various problems getting their ticket. The club needs to have a think as they will only have a couple of weeks of big issues, need to find a way to get all that cash stashed away before more fans give up. Once STs kick in after three games, the issues should settle down.

RE: Attendance ?!! - exgaffer - 14-08-2021

This is a really good Pompey team, get yourselves up the park ffs.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Rocketman - 14-08-2021

Exactly. No excuse for not getting to the game. Still loads of tickets for next 2 games. Get in there.....

RE: Attendance ?!! - mikey393 - 14-08-2021

Are you still able to buy a ticket on the day? I've not been able to go to games or a few years.

I've just looked online and there are lots of tickets in groups, even in the fratton End. Busy rounding up family to try and fill some seats.

not sure about tickets on the day, but it is really easy to buy online. I had to set up a new one of the pompey hub things. But it was really easy and found my old account which was linked to the same email. Actually quite impressed.

RE: Attendance ?!! - mikey393 - 14-08-2021

Many thanks Hammie.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Albie - 14-08-2021

Card machines aren't working, according to those in the know on POL.

RE: Attendance ?!! - scouse - 15-08-2021

I didn't go.

I'm waiting to see how this global pandemic thing pans out.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Jizbag - 15-08-2021

(14-08-2021, 07:29 PM)exgaffer Wrote: This is a really good Pompey team, get yourselves up the park ffs.

I would have loved to have gone, can't buy a season ticket or 3 match ticket though because I'm not a member. Not paying £25 for the privilege when we have billionaire owners.

But I did see the whole game on ifollow....very impressive!!

RE: Attendance ?!! - exgaffer - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 07:13 AM)scouse Wrote: I didn't go.

I'm waiting to see how this global pandemic thing pans out.

How do you expect it to pan out ffs? 

It will be with us forever, like the flu, methinks you will be waiting a VERY long time.

The game was great yesterday, it was played out in the open air so the already small risk was made even smaller, you missed out needlessly.

Obviously you must do whatever you are comfortable with, but I don’t really see what you are scared of. Most of us are double jabbed, soon to be triple jabbed, it will never get any better than this.

RE: Attendance ?!! - mikey393 - 15-08-2021

(14-08-2021, 09:04 PM)Hammie Wrote: not sure about tickets on the day, but it is really easy to buy online. I had to set up a new one of the pompey hub things. But it was really easy and found my old account which was linked to the same email. Actually quite impressed.

Managed to set up my account online & look for seats. 

Although some highlighted in blue aren't available so just kept clicking until I found some.

The system is down though when you try to go through to the payment page.

Quick Qu: Why is the Plymouth game down as a Monday night 6th September?

RE: Attendance ?!! - Hammie - 15-08-2021

trouble is that in large crowds here are still a large number of refusniks who are happy to spread the thing around.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Northstander - 15-08-2021

Plymouth is live on Sky (International Break) Mikey

RE: Attendance ?!! - Gerry Hatrick - 15-08-2021

Don't understand the problems others claim to be having with booking. I'm not a member, just registered and just bought my tickets for Plymouth without a problem.

As for the low attendance, I think a lot of fans are tired for being taken for suckers. Our recent history is one of let-down after let-down and we're not buying the big talk any more. Many are waiting to see if the Cowley revolution is genuine change or just more spin. I think the picture is becoming clearer by the week.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Bluebob - 15-08-2021

It is very clear the club are not worried about gate income. Do not understand why the Milton End was not used for home fans. Also if we are under a restricted capacity why do they persist giving the away fans 2 sections when they know in advance how many are coming. As I have said before Pompey cannot organise a pi-s up in a brewery.

RE: Attendance ?!! - ForeverPompey - 15-08-2021

I agree totally with exgaffers comments. It might never be better than this. On the subject of away fans I think I'm right in saying that league regulations demand that away fans are allocated a section of at least 10% capacity regardless of the number likely to attend. Come on people, get behind the new manager / team. They were refreshing to watch yesterday admittedly against really poor opposition.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Jizbag - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 09:31 AM)Hammie Wrote: trouble is that in  large crowds here are still a large number of refusniks who are happy to spread the thing around.

Do you mean people who have made the choice (which is their right) not to have an emergency vaccine injected into their body?

Good for them, I certainly have no problem with them and respect their choice.

Being fully vaccinated does not stop the spread of the virus btw.

RE: Attendance ?!! - bluetagagain - 15-08-2021

Fuck them and their rights - selfish pricks unless they’ve got a medical reason/ condition not too. Of course it doesn’t prevent the virus only a complete din would think that. What it does do is cut down by between 80 & 90% the chances of you getting the virus. Nothing is 100% not even stupidity.

RE: Attendance ?!! - DeepBlue - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 03:37 PM)Jizbag Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 09:31 AM)Hammie Wrote: trouble is that in  large crowds here are still a large number of refusniks who are happy to spread the thing around.

Do you mean people who have made the choice (which is their right) not to have an emergency vaccine injected into their body?

Good for them, I certainly have no problem with them and respect their choice.

Being fully vaccinated does not stop the spread of the virus btw.

Nobody has the right to deliberately let a virus spread.  Selfish *****.  What are they scared of FFS ?

RE: Attendance ?!! - scouse - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 08:04 AM)exgaffer Wrote: How do you expect it to pan out ffs?

I've no idea how it's going to pan out.

I'm a rocket scientist not an epidemiologist. (Some would dispute even that.)

I would hope to see some kind of steady state; perhaps with cyclical variations. We are nowhere near that.

RE: Attendance ?!! - exgaffer - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 05:09 PM)scouse Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 08:04 AM)exgaffer Wrote: How do you expect it to pan out ffs?

I've no idea how it's going to pan out.

I'm a rocket scientist not an epidemiologist. (Some would dispute even that.)

I would hope to see some kind of steady state; perhaps with cyclical variations. We are nowhere near that.

You’ll have a long wait then.