TrueBlueArmy Forums
Attendance ?!! - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Attendance ?!! (/showthread.php?tid=892)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Attendance ?!! - 66zoolane - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 05:32 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 05:09 PM)scouse Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 08:04 AM)exgaffer Wrote: How do you expect it to pan out ffs?

I've no idea how it's going to pan out.

I'm a rocket scientist not an epidemiologist. (Some would dispute even that.)

I would hope to see some kind of steady state; perhaps with cyclical variations. We are nowhere near that.

You’ll have a long wait then.

Whilst I think vaccinations mean we can get on with things and the virus is going to be around a while yet, there's no guarantee it will - just like flu variations, they mutate for the better or worse - the deadliest flu, Spanish flu, disappeared pretty fast. 

RE: Attendance ?!! - Smirnoffexpress - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 06:24 PM)66zoolane Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 05:32 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 05:09 PM)scouse Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 08:04 AM)exgaffer Wrote: How do you expect it to pan out ffs?

I've no idea how it's going to pan out.

I'm a rocket scientist not an epidemiologist. (Some would dispute even that.)

I would hope to see some kind of steady state; perhaps with cyclical variations. We are nowhere near that.

You’ll have a long wait then.

Whilst I think vaccinations mean we can get on with things and the virus is going to be around a while yet, there's no guarantee it will - just like flu variations, they mutate for the better or worse - the deadliest flu, Spanish flu, disappeared pretty fast. 

RE: Attendance ?!! - Smirnoffexpress - 15-08-2021

A good few were awol because they were at my youngest sons wedding.  Big Grin

RE: Attendance ?!! - bluebollox - 15-08-2021

Like Hammie said up thread, ticketing shambles has to be a major reason. Plus Covid & people have their own health concerns to consider.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Pompey_in_Derby - 15-08-2021

Already posted this on the "Faultless Display" thread, but my thoughts on the attendance are as follows: 

Excellent performance. On the balance of play, we should have been ahead before half-time and such was our control we should have won by 3 or 4. Really impressed by the energy on display to press and close down the Crewe defence and force them into mistakes. Every single player had a good game with Tunnicliffe absolutely outstanding.

Only downside was the abysmal attendance - those present were really supportive - and looking at attendances elsewhere Birmingham City were the only other club to have such a poor turnout compared to 'normal' (and they had to play with 2 stands completely closed for H&S reasons!)

Most gates were down by maybe 10% from 'normal' yet Pompey struggled to get more than clubs such as Oxford, Plymouth and Wigan when we usually have almost double their crowds. Nothing to do with summer holidays, late easing of restrictions, Project Fear etc.

With the benefit of hindsight PFC should have been totally focused on marketing and selling out the home sections of FP - perhaps they were distracted by the launch of this Pompey Hub thingy? Maybe fans assumed it was Flexi-tickets only to get in so didn't attempt to buy tickets? PFC need to make it clear that anyone can buy general sale tickets, return to pay on the day for the next 2 games (accepting cash as well as card) then review the situation once the new season tickets have been issued. 

We need a full house on Tuesday night to maximise our chances of picking up the 3 points and hopefully top the table. This would send a clear message to any potential upcoming loanees from the Premier League or Championship that Pompey mean business this season and are worth joining!

RE: Attendance ?!! - Hammie - 15-08-2021

out of al of that, I'm most intrigued by why St Andrew's has two stadns closed?

RE: Attendance ?!! - Pompey_in_Derby - 15-08-2021

Brum season ticket holders had to enter a ballot to see their side yesterday:

Kop and Tilton Stands Closed

RE: Attendance ?!! - Hammie - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 09:15 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Brum season ticket holders had to enter a ballot to see their side yesterday:

Kop and Tilton Stands Closed

at least we avoided that and all the whinging that would have followed

RE: Attendance ?!! - Jizbag - 16-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 04:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Fuck them and their rights - selfish pricks unless they’ve  got a medical reason/ condition not too. Of course it doesn’t prevent the virus only a complete din would think that. What it does do is cut down by between 80 & 90% the chances of you getting the virus. Nothing is 100% not even stupidity.

Bullshit!! They are making a choice. No-one knows what the long term effects of the vaccinations are. People have died from the jab. Making it mandatory is very dangerous, if you can't see that then you're an idiot.

(15-08-2021, 04:34 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 03:37 PM)Jizbag Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 09:31 AM)Hammie Wrote: trouble is that in  large crowds here are still a large number of refusniks who are happy to spread the thing around.

Do you mean people who have made the choice (which is their right) not to have an emergency vaccine injected into their body?

Good for them, I certainly have no problem with them and respect their choice.

Being fully vaccinated does not stop the spread of the virus btw.

Nobody has the right to deliberately let a virus spread.  Selfish *****.  What are they scared of FFS ?

Having the jab does not stop the spread of the virus...surprised you missed that Deep. Their bodies their choice. And why should it affect you if you're fully jabbed?

RE: Attendance ?!! - bluetagagain - 16-08-2021

Fuck me Jizzbag who believes it’s ok for healthy people not to be vaccinated because a couple of people died having it is calling me an idiot , what a cretin you are. Of course some people have died, nearly every vaccine has caused a side effect or even death but the percentage is minuscule compared to the good it does. As I said before fuck them and their rights .
‘Don’t be a complete coont and get vaccinated’ should be the new government slogan.

RE: Attendance ?!! - exgaffer - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 08:28 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Fuck me Jizzbag who believes it’s ok for healthy people not to be vaccinated because a couple of people died having it is calling me an idiot , what a cretin you are. Of course some people have died, nearly every vaccine has caused a side effect or even death but the percentage is minuscule compared to the good it does. As I said before fuck them and their rights .
‘Don’t be a complete coont and get vaccinated’ should be the new government slogan.

Why is this so difficult ffs?

The jabs don’t stop you from getting the virus, they just drastically reduce your chances of getting very ill and being hospitalised or dying.

That being the case, those who want to reduce their risk of illness and death would be well advised to have the jabs.

However, if they want to take the risk that’s their choice and no other fucker’s business. It’s got sod all to do with being selfish, it’s what a free country is all about. People have a right to, and should, take responsibility for themselves. Some seem to want to rely totally on the Nanny State.

(16-08-2021, 08:28 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Fuck me Jizzbag who believes it’s ok for healthy people not to be vaccinated because a couple of people died having it is calling me an idiot , what a cretin you are. Of course some people have died, nearly every vaccine has caused a side effect or even death but the percentage is minuscule compared to the good it does. As I said before fuck them and their rights .

It's a free country, at least it used to be. 

"Fuck them and their rights". What kind of person are you?? Forcing people to have a medical procedure! Is this China or Russia or the Middle East?
You want your freedoms taken away, you're going about it in the right way.

So if your son or daughter dies as a side effect from not having the vaccine then you're ok with that are you, because it's for the greater good??

Unbelievably stupid!

RE: Attendance ?!! - scouse - 16-08-2021

I think perhaps total eradication of a disease is only possible with mandatory vaccination.

Does this apply to the various coronaviruses? Dunno...

Does the end justify the means? Probably...

My sons have had and didn’t die. However one is allergic to penicillin as am it. If I was in danger or facing death and the drug I needed contained penicillin would I take it , yes I would . It’s always for the greater good and not the individual.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Hammie - 16-08-2021

As we have never seen the likes of smallpox, polio and diptheria we all know that vaccination programmes work if enough people sign up. TB too actually.
We also know that a lot of children were made very ill and some died due to the misinformation (doctor now struck off) about the MMR vaccine and the resultant reduction in take up.
I presume that we have all read about the ever rising incidences of "long covid" and some of us (me included) know people mostly younger than me who are now struggling to live with the consequences. Mostly as a result of Variant D and all unvaccinated.

RE: Attendance ?!! - DeepBlue - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 07:20 AM)Jizbag Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 04:34 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 03:37 PM)Jizbag Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 09:31 AM)Hammie Wrote: trouble is that in  large crowds here are still a large number of refusniks who are happy to spread the thing around.

Do you mean people who have made the choice (which is their right) not to have an emergency vaccine injected into their body?

Good for them, I certainly have no problem with them and respect their choice.

Being fully vaccinated does not stop the spread of the virus btw.

Nobody has the right to deliberately let a virus spread.  Selfish *****.  What are they scared of FFS ?

Having the jab does not stop the spread of the virus...surprised you missed that Deep. Their bodies their choice. And why should it affect you if you're fully jabbed?

Of course having the jab reduces the spread of the virus. It reduces the chances of you catching it by a large percentage, and reduces the chances of you spreading it if you catch it by a smaller percentage. Both facts. 
Near to total vaccination is the only way to get rid of Covid, anyone who objects to that is deliberately trying to extend the life of the virus and allow it to kill more people.  

And why do I care if I'm fully jabbed ?  FFS only caring if it affects you personally is the sort of selfishness that you are denying you are showing.  I don't care about me, I care about others. And I care that the restrictions caused by the virus should end for ever and not come back. Vaccine refusers are risking being the cause of us all going back into lockdown in the future and that is selfish by any definition. All because they are scared of some miniscule risk, so tiny that is should not even be a consideration in deciding to do what is for the common good. And people who allow that fear to stop them having the jabs are as big as idiot as the nutters who think that microchips can be inserted by a needle or that 5G masts can spread a virus. That is the sort of company they are keeping.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Trarchus - 16-08-2021

I believe everyone has to do what's right for them and not do something they feel uncomfortable with.   

But can't argue with what's been said about people who refuse the vaccine for various reasons and then turn up at the hospital seeking help from the very people they disbelieve over covid.    Smile

RE: Attendance ?!! - Gerry Hatrick - 16-08-2021

It's amazing that after all the information that we've had about COVID and the vaccines, there is still so much confusion.
I wish people would quote their sources when they make claims that either the vaccine reduces greatly the chance of getting Covid or the opposite which has been claimed here.

For my part, I am with individual freedom on this. People should respect the choices made about a largely experimental drug where the long-term effects are largely unknown (https://www.healthline.com/health/is-the-coronavirus-vaccine-safe#long-term-effects). The moment we start socially finger-pointing is the slippery road to fascism.

There’s a risk of death however minuscule from any blood transfusion/ operation/ vaccine whatever. It’s no use saying we don’t know the long term effects especially as we do know the long term effects of smoking/vaping/ alcohol/ drugs/ processed foods etc yet people still eat/ smoke or drink those things, probably the majority of those who don’t get vaccinated.
I agree it’s all about choice , however if people choose not too ( obviously medical reasons aside) then they have to put up with consequences of not getting vaccinated such as refused entry/ travel etc should that occur. In the end it’s about being altruistic and not being selfish.

RE: Attendance ?!! - kindofblue - 16-08-2021

Forcing people to have a vaccine is the stuff of dystopian nightmares. Erosion of choice is always a slippery slope. We’re already seeing scores of relatively small infringements such as pubs (in London at any rate) only accepting card payment. These infringements often have a flimsy rationale and are rarely protective of the individual yet we’re passively accepting many of them.

RE: Attendance ?!! - exgaffer - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 12:35 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: It's amazing that after all the information that we've had about COVID and the vaccines, there is still so much confusion.
I wish people would quote their sources when they make claims that either the vaccine reduces greatly the chance of getting Covid or the opposite which has been claimed here.

For my part, I am with individual freedom on this. People should respect the choices made about a largely experimental drug where the long-term effects are largely unknown (https://www.healthline.com/health/is-the-coronavirus-vaccine-safe#long-term-effects). The moment we start socially finger-pointing is the slippery road to fascism.

You’re right, it’s amazing that after all the information put out about COVID that you have to ask for sources.

RE: Attendance ?!! - Lawrence - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 09:16 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: My sons have had and didn’t die. However one is allergic to penicillin as am it. If I was in danger or facing death and the drug I needed contained penicillin would I take it , yes I would . It’s always for the greater good and not the individual.

Just to reply to bluetagain, the AZ vaccine does not include Penicillin. I should know as I am allergic to Penicillin too and have been vaccinated. The AZ vaccine did, however, completely wipe me out for a week each time I took the flippin' thing.

While I'm here, here's my list of reasons why I think the attendance was krap.

1. I think they have made it pretty difficult for non-ST holders or "members" to get tickets without having to continually log onto websites to find out when they go on sale.

2. Introducing the "Pompey Hub". Why wait until 2 days before KO to unveil a completely different way to book tickets? I had no idea it was coming and gave up trying to get a ticket for a friend on Thursday night.

3. Why introduce the "Code of Conduct", a deliberately vague load of tosh that implied you had to be double vaccinated or had a test before the game, 2 days before the game? It made it look like it was going to a real, unappealing bun fight to go.

4. They heavily implied, through mentioning the need to increase extra seats, that there was little chance of getting tickets if you weren't signed up to everything beforehand. No mention that there was an entire half of the Milton End available to watch football.

5. Pompey use Covid as an excuse go implement a cashless stadium. In other words, if you haven't got a contactless card, even for programmes, you can feck off. That announcement was a day before the game.

6. Obviously, Covid also influenced some people who still think they're going to die.

If the club was as good as the excuses it makes for messing things up, we'd be PL by now. Whilst they may have a point about the capacity, they could have implemented some of these measures a lot earlier than they did. The club have made it so difficult to just turn up and watch the game.

RE: Attendance ?!! - DeepBlue - 16-08-2021

(16-08-2021, 12:35 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: It's amazing that after all the information that we've had about COVID and the vaccines, there is still so much confusion.

Yes its true that the long-term effects are unknown, but other similar vaccines are good in that respect. 

What's far more important is that the short term effects of not taking it are absolutely clear and known and include keeping the virus with us for longer and potential re-introduction of restrictions that we all want to get rid of. Voting for not taking the vaccine is a vote for future restrictions. And for those fretting about their freedom to inflict more misery on others I'm not suggesting for a moment that vaccines should be compulsory, just that every sane person who cares about others should decide to take it without a moments hesitation. 

It is totally beyong me why anyone should want the pandemic to carry on longer than it needs to, and vaccines are the way to bring it to an end.

Ok, I simply refuse to accept mandatory vaccines in this country. As has been mentioned above it's a dystopian nightmare situation. As for it being for the good of the population...that's a dangerous slippery slope. Once we accept that then we are one step away from accepting euthanasia, sterilisation and any number of things "for the greater good".

If the vaccine was so fucking good how come half the people in hospital are double jabbed?
There are articles I've read that say the vaccines are the cause of the mutations.
The best way to protect yourself from dying of the virus is to develop antibodies, you get that from catching it.

This used to be a free democratic country. It is no longer the case. Creating a two tier society where the unvaccinated lose their privileges is quite frankly a disgrace and smacks of a totalitarian style civilisation.

It's pretty unbelievable how easily we fell for the propaganda (most of us) and how willingly we gave up our freedoms for a virus that is not much more lethal than the flu.