TrueBlueArmy Forums
Paul Cook - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Paul Cook (/showthread.php?tid=893)

Paul Cook - Roybatty - 15-08-2021

Not sure he is the same manager without leam richardson next to him

RE: Paul Cook - exgaffer - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 07:52 AM)Roybatty Wrote: Not sure he is the same manager without leam richardson next to him

Who gives a toss?  Big Grin

RE: Paul Cook - slayer - 15-08-2021

400 odd passes by both Ipswich and Wigan yesterday, similar stats, same philosophy. Struggling to get going over there though isn't he

RE: Paul Cook - foxleyblue - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 09:30 AM)scumslayer Wrote: 400 odd passes by both Ipswich and Wigan yesterday, similar stats, same philosophy. Struggling to get going over there though isn't he

I bet he's fuming not being above us  Big Grin

RE: Paul Cook - ForeverPompey - 15-08-2021

Long may it continue.

Took a 90+5 min goal for Wigan to beat Rotherham too

RE: Paul Cook - Hammie - 15-08-2021

I really hope this fad for sideways pointless football will eventually go the same way as the long ball hoof and chase.

RE: Paul Cook - scouse - 15-08-2021

Top bloke. Scouser, you know.

RE: Paul Cook - Smirnoffexpress - 15-08-2021

Too many on here sound like jilted brides! Cook did ok for us, once he left he became just another ex manager.

RE: Paul Cook - Theyak2 - 15-08-2021

Right upto crewe at home in January his football philosophy was boring and all to predictable but once the ideas sank in and people passed the ball instead of running with it pompey we're not only watchable but winning alot.
Cook as a person we all know , is a knob and courts controversy but I'd rather him and his football over jacketball

RE: Paul Cook - bluetagagain - 15-08-2021

Agree. He’ll get it right in the end at Ipswich. I do think they’ll go up this year.

RE: Paul Cook - Hammie - 15-08-2021

he is a decent manager and was a pretty good fit for pompey, we like managers with a bi of passion
and he won us a trophy!

He came good for us in the end and the football was very easy on the eye.

The manner of his departure and the woe-is-me persecution complex has dulled the shine on his stay.

It will be interesting to see how he copes at Ipswich as they are a large, fervant support base like us and I always got the feeling when he went to Wigan that he was running away from that.

RE: Paul Cook - STEVE - 15-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 07:19 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Right upto crewe at home in January his football philosophy was boring and all to predictable but once the ideas sank in and people passed the ball instead of running with it pompey we're not only watchable but winning alot.
Cook as a person we all know  , is a knob and courts controversy but I'd rather him and his football over jacketball

TOO predictable.

RE: Paul Cook - Trarchus - 16-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 10:07 PM)STEVE Wrote:
(15-08-2021, 07:19 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: Right upto crewe at home in January his football philosophy was boring and all to predictable but once the ideas sank in and people passed the ball instead of running with it pompey we're not only watchable but winning alot.
Cook as a person we all know  , is a knob and courts controversy but I'd rather him and his football over jacketball

TOO predictable.

You're on the wrong forum again Steve. 

Boring tits

RE: Paul Cook - Gerry Hatrick - 16-08-2021

(15-08-2021, 08:37 PM)scumslayer Wrote: He came good for us in the end and the football was very easy on the eye.

The manner of his departure and the woe-is-me persecution complex has dulled the shine on his stay.

It will be interesting to see how he copes at Ipswich as they are a large, fervant support base like us and I always got the feeling when he went to Wigan that he was running away from that.

I think Catlin alluded to that in an interview a couple of years ago. In comparing him to the dispassionate, robotic stance of Jackett, he said Cook was always on the edge and needed calming down. Whenever I think of him I see that arm-wheeling banshee going ape-shit on the touchline screaming at officials. An embarrassment really. 

And his achievement here is, for me, forever tainted by his actions immediately after and since that triumph.
As the heat turns up on him at Ipswich, I am going to enjoy seeing that demented expression as he lashes out at everyone but himself.

RE: Paul Cook - bluetagagain - 16-08-2021

I’d rather have an embarrassing Paul Cook any day over a lifeless energy draining Jackett.