TrueBlueArmy Forums
Tunnicliffe v Thompson - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Tunnicliffe v Thompson (/showthread.php?tid=913)

Tunnicliffe v Thompson - Gerry Hatrick - 20-08-2021

What a discovery Ryan Tunnicliffe is! And it's left me thinking, who needs Ben Thompson?

Ryan has a good passing range and accuracy (77% acc to SS) excellent link up but I think it's in the last third of the field where I find he out-points Thompson. That penetration brings all our front players into action. I just hope he stays clear of injuries. 

So do we still need Thompson? Do we still even want him?

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - bluetagagain - 20-08-2021

It depends on the cost. Louis Thompson is now fit but for how long . A 3 man midfield of Williams, Tunnicliffe and Thompson (B) gets my vote.

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - slayer - 20-08-2021

Think we are fine with what we have without him.

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - DeepBlue - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 09:29 AM)scumslayer Wrote: Think we are fine with what we have without him.

Agreed .. we definitely do not need him, we already have 4 midfielders good enough to be regular first teamers. Ben Thompson would be expensive and I'd rather spend that money on improving the attack.

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - Gerry Hatrick - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 08:06 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: It depends on the cost. Louis Thompson is now fit but for how long . A 3 man midfield of Williams, Tunnicliffe and Thompson (B) gets my vote.

Thing is, we already have a class player like Morrell who can't even get in the starting line-up at the moment (that might change tomorrow). I think we have got it covered.

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - Hermann's_no_hermit - 20-08-2021

Agree that with a limited budget it would be better spent on a striker. Think Curtis will leave and need a quality replacement for him to compete with Jacobs for that left side position

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - bluetagagain - 20-08-2021

Agree I don’t think we need him. We need an out and out striker and another decent CB and if Johnson goes another RWB

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - Trarchus - 20-08-2021

Thompson is a good player which I don't think the team needs now, although we haven't seen Morrell yet. 
We might see him tomorrow can't see him being left out for too long.  If that's the case who will make way or will DC change to 4-3-3.  Possibly 4-3-3 with Harness having been injured.

Think it became clear Sat the team could do with another good CB

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - Jizbag - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 01:29 PM)Trarchus Wrote: Thompson is a good player which I don't think the team needs now, although we haven't seen Morrell yet. 
We might see him tomorrow can't see him being left out for too long.  If that's the case who will make way or will DC change to 4-3-3.  Possibly 4-3-3 with Harness having been injured.

And a striker.

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - Hermann's_no_hermit - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 01:29 PM)Trarchus Wrote: Thompson is a good player which I don't think the team needs now, although we haven't seen Morrell yet. 

Think Morrell for Williams most likely if he is selected. Get the feeling that Williams at 34 may need to be rested sometimes.

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - Trarchus - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 03:38 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote:

Think Morrell for Williams most likely if he is selected. Get the feeling that Williams at 34 may need to be rested sometimes.

Yeah, good point that.  Will be interesting to see what happens.

RE: Tunnicliffe v Thompson - Hammie - 20-08-2021

nice position to be in afterall the worrying and with room to add.