TrueBlueArmy Forums
Jack Wilshere - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Jack Wilshere (/showthread.php?tid=927)

Pages: 1 2

Jack Wilshere - mikey393 - 25-08-2021

Free Agent desperate to play football. Bad injury record but did o.k. for the Cherries playing quite a few games.

Worth a chance on Pay As You Go?

RE: Jack Wilshere - foxleyblue - 25-08-2021

Would be great , but Probably want too much wages

RE: Jack Wilshere - Trarchus - 25-08-2021

Where will we be sending him?   Big Grin

RE: Jack Wilshere - ForeverPompey - 25-08-2021

Louis T is here on a pay per view contract I heard!

RE: Jack Wilshere - stayinupforever - 25-08-2021

When did we sign Louis Theroux?

RE: Jack Wilshere - Tomsk - 25-08-2021

My daughter knows his ex wife, leave it with me

RE: Jack Wilshere - mikey393 - 25-08-2021

Top player still. Desperate to play but No offers probably doesn't need the money either!

RE: Jack Wilshere - slayer - 26-08-2021

Is that the little runt from One Direction?

RE: Jack Wilshere - Wightblue - 26-08-2021

According to Thursday’s Gossip Column on BBC text service, Wilshere is now considering retiring as he has not had a single offer for his services.

I am surprised that somebody hasn’t  make a cheeky offer for his services, he wants to play and should be able to do a job for a L1 side (Pompey included), not every game of course but a class above any one else in this division when he plays.

RE: Jack Wilshere - bluetagagain - 26-08-2021

He's a target for Wigan. If they pull it off it would a great coup for them.

Just thinking about players pulling on the Pompey shirt when past their prime and yet being head and shoulders better than not only their team mates but the opposition.

Step forward Robert Prosinecki, absolute class even though he never broke sweat, smoked 3 fags at half time and pretty much despised most of the players on the pitch with him.

Because of his magnificent performances I still regard that as an unforgettable season !

PS I am not suggesting that Wilshere falls into the same category…..although Messi and Ronaldo might.

RE: Jack Wilshere - bluetagagain - 26-08-2021

Same when Paul Walsh first came to FP. Everyone thought it was for his retirement and he ended up playing some of his best football for us.

RE: Jack Wilshere - Hermann's_no_hermit - 26-08-2021

Would like to throw Paul Merson into that mix

RE: Jack Wilshere - Hammie - 26-08-2021

it was a great surprise when paul walsh was so good as every big name prior to that had fallen very flat.

Paul Mariner was pretty classy as was Sheringham who never had any pace to lose so just kept on going.

What on earth has happened for Wilshire to fall out of the game?

RE: Jack Wilshere - Tomsk - 26-08-2021

It's such a shame and a waste when such talented players just have injury after injury and never fulfil potential. Andy Carroll is another one.

RE: Jack Wilshere - DeepBlue - 26-08-2021

(26-08-2021, 05:23 PM)scumslayer Wrote: What on earth has happened for Wilshire to fall out of the game?

He is constantly picking up injuries.  Makes him a big risk for a league 1 club when his wages would be higher than everyone else.

He says he hasn't been injured since September 2020. I suppose the sports scientists know the score and word gets around

I don’t think Wilshire  would fit in with DC’s all-action, high press, up n’at them style of play (but I don’t think Robert Prosenecki would have either).

Different strokes for different folks I guess but for me it would be nice to see someone with just a bit of the class of some of the players named above.

Prosenecki, Walsh and Merson always seemed to have the time, space and, above all, the delivery skill to change a game in an instant: sometimes just a deft touch, others a defence splitting pass but always the same wonderful vision.

RE: Jack Wilshere - mikey393 - 26-08-2021

Let's Not Wigan outbid us we have a Billionaire chairman after all don't we?

He is head & shoulders above any other player in this division & could play the No. 10 role blind folded.

His only problem would be that his thought process is so far ahead of our forwards.

Regarding wages I'm sure the club could negotiate a deal based on number of games played + Merchandising rights so he would receive a % of all personalised merchandise. Season tickets would be sold out instantly. The club need more ambition & think outside the box. He's far to good to go to Wigan! Maybe we have to run a crowd fund to embarrass the Eisners.

RE: Jack Wilshere - Trarchus - 27-08-2021

Perhaps the reason he hasn't had many offers and as good as he may be at this level the possibility of injuries are very high making him unreliable which could have an unsettling effect on the team and of course we already have one player like this in the squad.

RE: Jack Wilshere - bluetagagain - 27-08-2021

Maybe he doesn’t want to play in L1

RE: Jack Wilshere - Wightblue - 27-08-2021

Teddy Sherringham always advised footballers contemplating retirement to keep playing as long as there was a club to play for, he said that once it’s over it’s over, the Saturday Adrenalin rush would be gone forever and there is nothing to replace it.

Perhaps Wilshire should give him a ring, take his advice about playing…….and then come to Pompey on a play-and-get-paid contract.

Jack might have an Indian Summer, we fans might just see a touch of class and DC could have a Plan B for those occasions (like Fleetwood, Shrewsbury and Donny) when the opposition negate our Plan A and we currently revert to lump it long.

Isn’t going to happen I fear so I wonder what will Plans B and C look like.

RE: Jack Wilshere - SouthseaBubble - 27-08-2021

i remember a game against Burnley at FP in 2001-02 - Prosinecki playing for us and Paul Gascoigne for Burnley.  It seemed extraordinary then, and still seems pretty extraordinary now.

RE: Jack Wilshere - Tomsk - 27-08-2021

Blimey I'd forgotten he played for Burnley