TrueBlueArmy Forums
Jack Wilshere - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Jack Wilshere (/showthread.php?tid=927)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Jack Wilshere - mikey393 - 20-02-2022

Signing for a little club in Denmark with Average Attendance of 9,000 because no english club offering him terms & can't sign for any EU club due to Brexit rules. I can't help feel that this is a major opportunity missed & just needed a club including ours to take a punt on him.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/transfers/jack-wilshere-completes-transfer-after-training-with-arsenal/ar-AAU6eHL?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

RE: Jack Wilshere - dsmg - 20-02-2022

Can't sign for any EU club? Isn't Denmark in the EU too?

RE: Jack Wilshere - mikey393 - 20-02-2022

Legal regulations. Denmark is Not a full member with an Opt Out. Bit of a loophole it appears.

RE: Jack Wilshere - blueandwight - 20-02-2022

All these posts today are so boring. It's a shame we have to struggle like this. If only we had multi-millionaire owners.

RE: Jack Wilshere - mikey393 - 21-02-2022

The Big problem is we do but they don't want to put any real investment in the team.

RE: Jack Wilshere - DeepBlue - 21-02-2022

(20-02-2022, 10:17 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Legal regulations. Denmark is Not a full member with an Opt Out. Bit of a loophole it appears.

Denmark are as full a member as we ever were. The only thing they have opted out of is the Euro, like we did. 

And he has signed for AGF Aarhus. Yes, they may only get small crowds, but they are one of the top teams in Denmark and regularly qualify for Europe.  Hardly minnows.   Certainly higher up the food chain than League One.

(21-02-2022, 10:29 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(20-02-2022, 10:17 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Legal regulations. Denmark is Not a full member with an Opt Out. Bit of a loophole it appears.

Denmark are as full a member as we ever were. The only thing they have opted out of is the Euro, like we did. 

And he has signed for AGF Aarhus. Yes, they may only get small crowds, but they are one of the top teams in Denmark and regularly qualify for Europe.  Hardly minnows.   Certainly higher up the food chain than League One.

Very strange then as Como Seria Italian B side weren't allowed to sign him with Brexit cited. 

AGF Aarhus got round the red tape somehow.

I've never heard of them before. Bronby & FC Copenhagen are the Big teams in that league I thought?

RE: Jack Wilshere - Pompeyg100 - 21-02-2022

(20-02-2022, 11:06 PM)blueandwight Wrote: All these posts today are so boring. It's a shame we have to struggle like this. If only we had multi-millionaire owners.

Let’s spend a fortune to cement a mid table finish ??

(21-02-2022, 12:02 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(21-02-2022, 10:29 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Very strange then as Como Seria Italian B side weren't allowed to sign him with Brexit cited. 

AGF Aarhus got round the red tape somehow.

I've never heard of them before. Bronby & FC Copenhagen are the Big teams in that league I thought?

They finished 4th last year. So not total rubbish.

RE: Jack Wilshere - Tomsk - 21-02-2022

Whats the crack about him not being able to sign for a European team then?

(21-02-2022, 01:44 PM)Tomsk Wrote: Whats the crack about him not being able to sign for a European team then?

Here's all the details & a Big Opportunity missed as on £5K per week same wages as we're already paying & he didn't hold a EU Passport when training with Como:

Jack Wilshere's wages revealed with ex-Arsenal star not highest paid player at new club (msn.com)

RE: Jack Wilshere - Pedalo_menders - 21-02-2022

This was just never going to happen. Irrespective of having tight arse owners, the club released its new recruitment strategy last week.

Our club now wants to sign 23's and under from L2 and below. Not exactly exciting stuff but is the complete opposite strategy to taking a punt on an ex prem star who's not played in a looong time.

I would have thought the Charlie Daniels experiment would have lasted longer in the memory.

(21-02-2022, 05:05 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: This was just never going to happen. Irrespective of having tight arse owners, the club released its new recruitment strategy last week.

Our club now wants to sign 23's and under from L2 and below. Not exactly exciting stuff but is the complete opposite strategy to taking a punt on an ex prem star who's not played in a looong time.

I would have thought the Charlie Daniels experiment would have lasted longer in the memory.

Different player & situation altogether.

Let's see how he goes.

I'm sure most would prefer to see a quality fit 30 year old rather than a 23 year old signed from Non - League or similar standard.

I'll leave it open to full board discussion.

I'd rather sign Scott Twine than Jack Wilshere if that's what you are asking ?

RE: Jack Wilshere - Deebo - 21-02-2022

Twine would come with too many strings attached.

RE: Jack Wilshere - Cunninglinguist - 21-02-2022

I'm no more excited about the prospect of signing Jack Wilshire as I was about signing Ruben Sammut.

What happened to him, Mikey??????

RE: Jack Wilshere - oi oi saveloy - 21-02-2022

So are some drama’s going to slate the owners for not getting Jack wilshire now then.

(21-02-2022, 08:13 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I'm no more excited about the prospect of signing Jack Wilshire as I was about signing Ruben Sammut.

Good Memory know you love to dig that one up!

He's currently a captain of a Non-league side & No doubt will get back into the Footbal League.

The manager who signed him for the Mackems got fired just at the time he was pushing for a 1st team spot.

RE: Jack Wilshere - Ain’t got a Danny - 21-02-2022

I’ll slag them off if they don’t sell the club when they’ve tarted up the ground.

RE: Jack Wilshere - Cunninglinguist - 22-02-2022

(21-02-2022, 10:27 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(21-02-2022, 08:13 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: I'm no more excited about the prospect of signing Jack Wilshire as I was about signing Ruben Sammut.

Good Memory know you love to dig that one up!

He's currently a captain of a Non-league side & No doubt will get back into the Footbal League.

The manager who signed him for the Mackems got fired just at the time he was pushing for a 1st team spot.
1st team recruitment coordinator for Charlton, according to his LinkedIn account.

No appearances for Sunderland.
Only 8 appearances for Dulwich Hamlet (who he hasn't played for since June last year).

You claimed Pompey were mad to allow Sunderland to beat us to his signature. You told us it showed a lack of ambition in not signing him. We would have wasted good wages on a player who couldn't even make it in the 6th tier!

I'm curious as to where you saw Sammut play, to make such demands from Pompey's recruitment team???

Now you're stating that Pompey should have signed a player who couldn't get a game for any club in England. A player who hasnt even played a game this season! A player who won't be match fit. Why?

You don't know what you're talking about, do you? Less clue than the rest of us.

RE: Jack Wilshere - Rick Pumpkin - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 04:20 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Only 8 appearances for Dulwich Hamlet (who he hasn't played for since June last year).

That'll be because Dulwich let him go last summer.

(22-02-2022, 12:17 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:
(22-02-2022, 04:20 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Only 8 appearances for Dulwich Hamlet (who he hasn't played for since June last year).

Surely not? He’s captain, isn’t he? Fighting his way back into the league, apparently.

Wish we’d signed him and Wilshere. Oh, and Azeez. Mikey was going to print his own Azeez shirt, in case Pompey didn’t have any Z’s

RE: Jack Wilshere - Deebo - 22-02-2022

You can have your Andy Cannon “I love that kid to bits” shirt done at the same time.

RE: Jack Wilshere - mikey393 - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 12:44 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:
(22-02-2022, 12:17 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:

Surely not? He’s captain, isn’t he? Fighting his way back into the league, apparently.

Wish we’d signed him and Wilshere. Oh, and Azeez. Mikey was going to print his own Azeez shirt, in case Pompey didn’t have any Z’s

At least I've managed to keep the thread going!

You appear to have a photographic memory of everything I've ever posted!

I may have exaggerated slightly but didn't expect to be put on trial.

My original point which I still think is a valid one is that Wilshere was available & his wages affordable at £5K Div 1 level.

Having heard him discuss his situation on Talk Sport & other players voice their opinions he appears to still have some mileage left in him.

Football is a game of opinions & up for debate. 

Let's leave it at that & move on.

(22-02-2022, 12:58 PM)Deebo Wrote: You can have your Andy Cannon “I love that kid to bits” shirt done at the same time.

Nah, he’s gone up a league, hasn’t he? Championship is a bit too far for him, I feel. Good player though. Very similar to Morrell.