TrueBlueArmy Forums
According to football london - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: According to football london (/showthread.php?tid=931)

According to football london - Theyak2 - 27-08-2021

Azeez, the 18 year old Arsenal starlet has of Thursday been finalising a year long loan with Pompey.
Highly rated but not the finished article.
After all we are league 1.

Will be an interesting addition.
We have also lost out in the race for Moore, a central defender who can play RB as well. He has two years left of his present contract with Bristol City but is going to Hearts in Scotland!

RE: According to football london - exgaffer - 27-08-2021

(27-08-2021, 07:12 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: Azeez, the 18 year old Arsenal starlet has of Thursday been finalising a year long loan with Pompey.
Highly rated but not the finished article.
After all we are league 1.

Will be an interesting addition.
We have also lost out in the race for Moore, a central defender who can play RB as well. He has two years left of his present contract with Bristol City but is going to Hearts in Scotland!

Are you sure that we ‘lost out’?

We made it clear that we weren’t in the running, so it was between Wigan and Hearts.

You could be right of course but what evidence do you have for this, other than the press reports that we were interested? Most of this stuff gets fed to the press by agents trying to bump up their fee.

RE: According to football london - Theyak2 - 27-08-2021

The football press is rumour and counter until it is true.
Hence my 'according to title thread.
The latter part was 'according to' some other football press release.
Whether we were in for him or not, he's gone or going to Hearts

RE: According to football london - Hammie - 27-08-2021

a decent youngster sounds a good addition. I guess the that the player Cowley referred to going out is Johnson, which i am a little sad about as he seemed a decent youngish player, but not a centre half I guess. Still waiting to trade a striker.

RE: According to football london - exgaffer - 27-08-2021

(27-08-2021, 08:22 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: The football press is rumour and counter until it is true.
Hence my 'according to title thread.
The latter part was 'according to' some other football press release.
Whether we were in for him or not, he's gone or going to Hearts

You said ‘we have also lost out’, I doubt football London would have said that  Smile .

Suffice it to say that it’s all speculation.

I only get interested when I see ‘Portsmouth have signed……’, or words to that effect.

RE: According to football london - mikey393 - 27-08-2021

Azeez if we get him is Arsenal's top youngster & pushing for a 1st team place.

If we get him all Credit to DC showing the Gunners trust him to develop the youngster like he did Smith -Rowe at Huddersfield.

RE: According to football london - BilltheCat - 27-08-2021

The News is suggesting that he has passed a medical.

I've seen a few clips and he certainly has an eye for goal.

RE: According to football london - foxleyblue - 28-08-2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDsllISQ5xA
Can the rest of the team take advantage of his skills Big Grin

RE: According to football london - DeepBlue - 28-08-2021

DC is going to have a problem keeping all these midfield players happy ... I make that 6 good players now competing for 2 or 3 places depending on the formation : Williams, Morrell, Tunnicliffe, Thompson, Jacobs & Azeez.  And rumours that Shipley may be joining the queue.

RE: According to football london - Hammie - 28-08-2021

when we have two games a week he is going to need to rotate with the high press running their legs off. Actually Marquis is probably the one we need cover for watching how hard he works.

RE: According to football london - bluetagagain - 28-08-2021

I would imagine one of our wide players going. Still think we need a striker and a CB. Hopefully Harrison will go as well.

RE: According to football london - Hammie - 28-08-2021

Its a shame about Harrison as he has a lot of attributes, but I would imagine most of us would like to see him traded to give Marquis a bit more competition.