TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team Today - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team Today (/showthread.php?tid=938)

Team Today - Who_Am_I? - 28-08-2021

Team Today

Bazunu
Freeman, Raggett, Robertson, Brown
Tunnicliffe, Morrell, Williams
Harness, Curtis
Marquis

Subs: Bass, Ogilvie, Thompson,  Jacobs, Hirst, Hackett-Fairchild, Ahadme

RE: Team Today - bluetagagain - 28-08-2021

Looks like a 433 line up

RE: Team Today - TBP - 28-08-2021

He obviously hasn't quite made up his mind as to his best team or formation, but, unlike his two predecessors, I suspect he will get there very quickly.

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 28-08-2021

Pleased to see Brown was rested not dropped. Nothing against Og who seems a very decent player but Brown did not deserve to lose his place either.
I'd think Harness and Williams are both first choice too.

RE: Team Today - Jizbag - 28-08-2021

The Wigan commentator just said the atmosphere is a fever pitch inside the DW, must be the Pompey fans then because all I can see is empty rows where the wigan fans should be :-)

RE: Team Today - ForeverPompey - 28-08-2021

How does it look? Commentary suggesting its scrappy. Is goalscoring going to be Pompey's issue this season?

RE: Team Today - bluetagagain - 28-08-2021

We do need a predator and not in the Benjamin Mendy type bracket

Definitely need more firepower.

i was about top say if we go behind this team doesnt have any goals in it to recover and lo and behold grrrr

RE: Team Today - stayinupforever - 28-08-2021

(28-08-2021, 02:57 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: We do need a predator and not in the Benjamin Mendy type bracket

The Arnold Schwarzenegger type would do right now.

No goals in it at all. We don't even look threatening. Poor really.

I did expect a DC team to score goals but possibly concede. Seems i was totally wrong!!

I hope we pull a striker out of the hat before Tuesday otherwise it's going to be a long season.

RE: Team Today - blueinbrum3 - 28-08-2021

(28-08-2021, 02:25 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: How does it look? Commentary suggesting its scrappy. Is goalscoring going to be Pompey's issue this season?

It is without a goal scoring striker on the books. Worryingly not much time to find and sign one. Tough ask but Danny C has to find one from somewhere.

Is it time to give up on Marquis? I accept its hard for any striker when the team lacks creativity, which we certainly do. All eyes on Azeez!!!

RE: Team Today - mikey393 - 28-08-2021

(28-08-2021, 03:56 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote:
(28-08-2021, 02:25 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: How does it look? Commentary suggesting its scrappy. Is goalscoring going to be Pompey's issue this season?

It is without a goal scoring striker on the books. Worryingly not much time to find and sign one. Tough ask but Danny C has to find one from somewhere.

Desperately need someone to put the ball in the back of the net. 

I see both Stockley & Pigott both scored today. 

Marquis or Harrison isn't the answer as we already know & Ahadme needs more experience.

RE: Team Today - Wightblue - 28-08-2021

To me Cowley's Pompey are summed up by the fact that when we desperately needed a goal our three subs were Hirst, RHF and Ahadme !

Someone with the statistics at his/her finger tips can tell me how many L1 (or Championship) goals they have scored in their last, say, 20 games. Bugger all between them I think.

We are a defence oriented team lacking in any real creativity but masquerading as a high-press, winning outfit ………..but the mask is slowly slipping and our lack of play makers and scorers is now becoming evident (well, to me anyway).

We have flattered to deceive ! DC has the remains of the window to address potentially serious shortcomings in the squad he has assembled.

I better get down to the Chelsea training ground just up the road from me in Cobham.

Whilst most successful teams build from a strong defence it isn’t pretty to watch and quickly goes wrong when the defence creaks. I must admit I wasn’t expecting this sort of thing from DC. I expected entertainment, goals, mistakes and a rollercoaster ride. At the moment the funfair seems to be closed for repairs.

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 28-08-2021

As regards scoring, did we miss any chances today?
Marquis or any other striker will make the odd goal for themself, but the vast majority will be set up by someone else.
The one time we have slid Marquis in this season he finished it superbly. as in the sort of ball he thrived on back at Donny.

RE: Team Today - dsmg - 28-08-2021

We created very little, a few tame shots and a couple of headers. Marquis touched the ball vey rarely. In fact Wigan were pretty poor and didn’t really deserve their win at all, nil - nil would have been fairer. We had most of the possession until the last quarter but didn’t do much with it.

Dropped 2 points today & 2 last week by missing the penalty.

We need a decent striker maybe a Premier League youngster with ability.

A goal scoring midfielder would be a bonus.

RE: Team Today - dsmg - 28-08-2021

Dropped one or three today, Mikey

RE: Team Today - briefcase_wanchor - 28-08-2021

I thought we were more than good value for a point, which I'm sure most would have settled for pre-match. That poor excuse for a human being Maclean changed the game when he came on. That was the only difference. They were equally toothless as us - both defences were just too strong for the oppositions attackers.