TrueBlueArmy Forums
TEAM FOR TODAY - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TEAM FOR TODAY (/showthread.php?tid=976)

Pages: 1 2

TEAM FOR TODAY - hilsea12 - 11-09-2021

Pompey: Bazunu; Freeman, Raggett, Robertson ©, Brown; Morrell, Williams; Hackett-Fairchild, Tunnicliffe, Harness; Marquis
Subs: Bass, Romeo, Ogilvie, Thompson, Azeez, Curtis, Harrison

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - Pangus - 11-09-2021

The surprise is that, for the first time I can remember, Curtis isn't starting and is on the bench. I suppose its not surprising seeing that he has often been anonymous this season and making little impression in games.  The other question for me is where is Jacobs? Has he been left out or is he injured. Its also strikes me that there is no natural winger on either flank, unless Harness will take the right wing.

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - Jizbag - 11-09-2021

What's happened to Jacobs? Really surprised Harrison isn't starting after his hatrick.

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - PompeyDB - 11-09-2021

What was the point of signing both Hirst and Ahadme when we always play one up front? Neither even required on the bench today.

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - DeepBlue - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 01:43 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: What was the point of signing both Hirst and Ahadme when we always play one up front? Neither even required on the bench today.

You need a squad ... you always need to have players that won't be on the bench.

They are both youngsters who have had chances and will get more chances but when you look at our bench it is very strong so whoever gets left out will be good enough to make the bench on ohter occasions.  So what's your problem ?

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - ForeverPompey - 11-09-2021

Curtis has been below par but remains our most likely threat. To be dropped for HF is a little surprising considering how poor HF has been but here’s hoping he does the business today. Hirst I fear has already shown us his ‘full potential’!

I think it’s Bazunu v MK

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - mikey393 - 11-09-2021

Not that impressed with today's line up tbh.

Need 2 x Subs asap:
Harrison for Marquis ( why did he start! )
Azeez for Harness or Williams ( Why didn't he start? )

We need to be more on the front foot 2nd half.

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - hilsea12 - 11-09-2021

After Tuesday night I would have given Romeo a start as well.

Well if we don't sort out scoring some goals it's going to be a long season.

Is Marquis still on the pitch?

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - blueinbrum3 - 11-09-2021

That’s it then and down to 12th

I know it's early in the season but we don't seem to have addressed the goal scoring problem. That should have been the priority this season.

Usual story lots of pressure can't score. They hit us on the break & score 1- 0. Finally taken Marquis off in the 78th minute Harrison on 12 minutes to get on the score sheet. DC needs to understand Marquis is totally useless so why start him?

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - stayinupforever - 11-09-2021

Cowley has stated he's the best no9 he's worked with (or something like that). In reality both need a visit to Specsavers.

Is Cowley full of a special brand of psycho-garbage?

He's beginning to wear thin on me. It's one thing talking the talk but the proof is on the pitch and we ain't doing it.

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - bluetagagain - 11-09-2021

No goals or even where they’re coming from is definitely a worry

Same pattern of play & same result as the Wigan game 1-0 loss. I'm sure he was playing for a 0-0 result to say a good away point & clean sheet. But it backfired again. The obvious problem is you don't win games unless you score goals. The old Brian Clough proverb!

Add: 'you don't score goals if you don't shoot'. Unfortunately Pompey don't score goals even when they do shoot. It won't be long before we start calling for the return of Close and Hoofball!!!

Dangerously I started to wonder if we'd score with Jackett as manager. Not that I want him back. I mean Plymouth scored 3 against Sheff Wed. What are we doing wrong?

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - Gerry Hatrick - 11-09-2021

Couldn't see where the goals were going to come from in that starting line-up. Zero creativity in midfield. No Azeez, no Jacobs, no Curtis.
And then a player who scored a hat-trick in mid-week is kept on the bench until it's too late. 
Patience is wearing thin.

These are strange times for Pompey. On paper the team looks OK with plenty of Champ experience but it hasn't clicked. No sign of the high press football we were promised and certainly no creativity. 'Big' players not performing at all. Looking forward to seeing Azeez next week as he seems like our last chance saloon with maybe Ahadme up front?

(11-09-2021, 04:14 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Couldn't see where the goals were going to come from in that starting line-up. Zero creativity in midfield. No Azeez, no Jacobs, no Curtis.
And then a player who scored a hat-trick in mid-week is kept on the bench until it's too late. 
Patience is wearing thin.

Totally in agreement with you there. There was No creativity today just playing for a 0-0 draw!"

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - Lawrence - 11-09-2021

We're playing like a team of individuals who haven't had a preseason together. Never looked like winning that game and that midfield really does look weak. It's a good time to play us.

Hackett looks out if his depth a bit and if we're looking at potential targets to blame I'd say harness should take a bow.

For some reason it doesn't bother me so much post jackett. Three years of that stuff have taken its toll with me I think.

I just hope the team start to gel before the team plummets and the boo boys start. In the meantime let's all laugh at cook...

Yes! Something to smile about. Sounds like some trouble in the camp with Freeman throwing his toys out of the pram.