TrueBlueArmy Forums
TEAM FOR TODAY - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TEAM FOR TODAY (/showthread.php?tid=976)

Pages: 1 2

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - Bedhamptonblue69 - 11-09-2021

It’s going to take time , we all know that , but I seriously think The Cowleys are out of their depth I’m afraid . Football is boring and no spark and go a goal down and you know it’s unlikely to end in anything but a defeat . These loan players and cast offs are all we can expect so I guess we got to get on with it .

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - ForeverPompey - 11-09-2021

I know my views on football might be a bit old fashioned but I don’t understand when you are losing with 20 mins left you bring one striker on for another. Why not take a risk. Play 2 up front (even if one is Marquis) and see if it works. Makes little difference losing 2 nil or one nil at this stage. Try something instead of being negative and predictable.

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - Hammie - 11-09-2021

Was sitting right behind the goal today.
Harness did a lot of chasing back covering for Freeman in the first half and managed to be our biggest creative threat at the same time.
Freeman was subbed to bring on a more attacking threat and definitely let the boss know he was not happy. Funnily enough we let in a goal down that wing some time later.

Watching Curtis and Marquis from up close, they don't seem to get on. Which ever was through he shot near post even thought the other was steaming in at the far post, ready for the classic shot across the keeper bouncing off to his mate. Then spent time slagging each other off rather than getting back onside (Marquis especially)

My biggest worry was that after being all over them for the second half we conceded and instantly collapsed.

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - Rocketman - 11-09-2021

Just back from the game. Well that was a waste of 8 hours of my life I won't get back. In all honesty we were absolutely dreadful. But when you have nothing in attack and little in midfield on the day, it's no wonder the defence were under attack much of the game. My ratings:
Bazunu - 9: Kept us in the game, we could have been 4-0 down at half time without his saves. My only concern is that he doesn't dominate his area or come out to take crosses, instead he relies rather too much on his (lightening quick) reactions.
Brown - 6: OK in parts but lots of loose passes
Raggett - 7: best of the defence
Roberston - 6: fair to poor game
Freeman - 5: no surprise that he was taken off
Tunnicliffe - 5: Poor by his standard
Williams - 5: Ditto
Morrell - 6: At least showed a bit of skill at times
Reeco - 3: Not because he was bad, but because he didn't do anything at all
Harrison - 7: Some good touches, gave his all, but not up to his best
Marquis - 5: Huffed and puffed and ran as usual, but no end product. Had two shots, both straight at their keeper.
Subs. Romeo - 6: Good in attack, a bit weak in defence; Curtis - 6: At least he tried this time, some good touches; Harrison - 6: should have come on much earlier.

with that wonderful thing hindsight, When we bought on Harrison we could have taken off Harness who was absolutely shattered by the last quarter, did a lot of covering back for Freeman and switching wings to try and get something going while Reeco was looking lost.

RE: TEAM FOR TODAY - dsmg - 11-09-2021

Rocketman, Harness?

Agree completely with your comment Hammie, (and I was right behind the goal too so we must have been just a few feet apart).

Oops, yes dsmg, Harness not Harrison in the starting 11

and I agree with your 7, from where we were sat he was way better than the 5 given by the Snooze.