TrueBlueArmy Forums
Morrell - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Morrell (/showthread.php?tid=984)

Morrell - TBP - 12-09-2021

1 draw and 2 defeats since he started. Not the player we were led to believe. It will be interesting to see him in the flesh.

RE: Morrell - stayinupforever - 12-09-2021

Players are released for a reason I guess.

RE: Morrell - dsmg - 12-09-2021

Very disappointing. Looks slow, as does Williams, although Williams at least looks skilful. Tunnicliffe also a bit ponderous. In fact, apart from Bazunu and Raggers the whole lot rather disappointing! What’s up with Ahadame? Looked great in pre-season, done nothing in the games so far and not surprisingly dropped. Hirst looks a donkey, Marquis his usual self. Harness had 2 or 3 men on him each time he got the ball. Looks like we need Azeez to come and sort us out. Next two games vital. PUP

RE: Morrell - Bedhamptonblue69 - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 07:01 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: Players are released for a reason I guess.

Correct . Totally agree . They are out of contract or available for transfer for a reason

RE: Morrell - Gerry Hatrick - 12-09-2021

To be fair to Morrell, he's had a horrendous travelling schedule in the past week.
For me, it's another of about five poor starting selections in a very negative line-up by Cowley.

RE: Morrell - briefcase_wanchor - 12-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 07:37 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: To be fair to Morrell, he's had a horrendous travelling schedule in the past week.
For me, it's another of about five poor starting selections in a very negative line-up by Cowley.

Starting line-up was even more questionable post-match when DC revealed that Williams had been ill, Morell was knackered etc.  So why play them?

RE: Morrell - slayer - 12-09-2021

Looks like hatters Twitter has picked this thread up and they're enjoying our analysis

RE: Morrell - bluebollox - 12-09-2021

Cant understand why Louis Thompson didn't get a start myself. Outstanding in the week as well. The midfield of Williams, Tunni & Morrell is way too defensive as things stand.

RE: Morrell - Hammie - 12-09-2021

I though first half Morrell looked too lightweight especially with Ricco looking rather out of his depth. Second half he seemed to be playing deeper and made some decent passes from there.
Until I saw him play live I did not realise how short he is either.

Very much a work in progress this team.

RE: Morrell - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 14-09-2021

(12-09-2021, 09:38 PM)Hammie Wrote: I though first half Morrell looked too lightweight especially with Ricco looking rather out of his depth. Second half he seemed to be playing deeper and made some decent passes from there.
Until I saw him play live I did not realise how short he is either.

Very much a work in progress this team.
Louis Thompson looks like he likes a tackle from what I saw in the Wimbledon game, he works hard too. Would like to see him next to Azeez with Jacobs in the number 10 role. Also think Harrison deserves to start over Marquis but if Marquis is picked he needs to take his chances. Can see Morrell, Williams, Marquis and Tunicliffe out of the side if results don’t improve

RE: Morrell - briefcase_wanchor - 15-09-2021

At present Morrell looks like the butt plug in our midfield. For Wales he's playing with a Duracell powered Rabbit in Bale. No such luxury for Pompey.