TrueBlueArmy Forums
attendance saturday - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: attendance saturday (/showthread.php?tid=989)

attendance saturday - ForeverPompey - 15-09-2021

Could be seen as a guide as to how the fans are responding to the new season. With ticketing problems behind us and a month since the last home game I would expect 16k+ but looking at the sales so far (Wed midday) we might be short again. Milton End still not required at all. Have Pompey lost the goodwill and enthusiasm of some? I assume Covid concerns are still keeping some away.

RE: attendance saturday - TBP - 15-09-2021

Covid is still an issue. When will these people stop being scared? No doubt Adam May will score for Cambridge.

RE: attendance saturday - exgaffer - 15-09-2021

(15-09-2021, 12:35 PM)TBP Wrote: Covid is still an issue. When will these people stop being scared? No doubt Adam May will score for Cambridge.

Well there is an issue, but it’s not Covid.

The government keeps feeding this irrational fear, allows them to keep control of the compliant masses.

RE: attendance saturday - Tomsk - 15-09-2021

Gaff are you the person who spray painted over a sign up on Dartmoor... 'Fear is the Virus'...?

RE: attendance saturday - stayinupforever - 15-09-2021

It could just be that some people decided the pandemic was the catalyst they needed to stop paying money they maybe couldn't longer afford. Lots of older fans in front of my seat haven't gone back.

RE: attendance saturday - exgaffer - 15-09-2021

(15-09-2021, 01:01 PM)Tomsk Wrote: Gaff are you the person who spray painted over a sign up on Dartmoor... 'Fear is the Virus'...?

No Tomsk but I totally agree with the message  Smile .

RE: attendance saturday - Hammie - 15-09-2021

Going every game is a habit. I would guess that some fans have realised that they don't actually want to go to every single game and now have the option to be a little more picky and still get season ticket rates.
I have to say we gave up our STs a couple of seasons back due to new commitments such as the arrival of new babies and just finding that we were going sometimes feeling it more of a duty than a pleasure.
Probably a lot of fans will suddenly decide to go last minute as so many of us did in the old days but the season is feeling a little flat right now.

RE: attendance saturday - Jizbag - 15-09-2021

(15-09-2021, 02:00 PM)Hammie Wrote: Going every game is a habit. I would guess that some fans have realised that they don't actually want to go to every single game and now have the option to be a little more picky and still get season ticket rates.
I have to say we gave up our STs a couple of seasons back due to new commitments such as the arrival of new babies and just finding that we were going sometimes feeling it more of a duty than a pleasure.
Probably a lot of fans will suddenly decide to go last minute as so many of us did in the old days but the season is feeling a little flat right now.

I was going to renew this season but because I didn't pay the £25 for the "privilege" of retaining my seat I was unable to purchase one.

They need to be very careful with the supporter base imho.

RE: attendance saturday - Pedalo_menders - 15-09-2021

Broadly speaking you would probably expect the crowd to be younger on average, as they are at lower risk.

Not surprised that crowds are down though... Money is tight, risk is high, getting a ticket is hard work, the football on display is 'character building'.

It's nice not to have to watch jackettball but the honeymoon period is wearing off. Expectations are low this season but it doesn't whet the appetite on a Saturday morning.

RE: attendance saturday - slayer - 15-09-2021

Cheers Gaff you have fucked this thread

RE: attendance saturday - teeftwo - 15-09-2021

The interim season ticket had to happen as no one knew what the government decision was with crowds. I was happy to pay the £25 so it was easy to upgrade. There's still some lag over that.

Money maybe a factor, doubtless some people lost income during the lockdown.

RE: attendance saturday - Jizbag - 15-09-2021

(15-09-2021, 03:50 PM)teeftwo Wrote: The interim season ticket had to happen as no one knew what the government decision was with crowds. I was happy to pay the £25 so it was easy to upgrade. There's still some lag over that.

Did they knock off the £25 from the season ticket price?

RE: attendance saturday - ForeverPompey - 15-09-2021

Hard to calculate but I think so. I shall be doing some 'character building' Saturday followed by several well earned pints I think.

RE: attendance saturday - DeepBlue - 15-09-2021

(15-09-2021, 04:12 PM)Jizbag Wrote:
(15-09-2021, 03:50 PM)teeftwo Wrote: The interim season ticket had to happen as no one knew what the government decision was with crowds. I was happy to pay the £25 so it was easy to upgrade. There's still some lag over that.

Did they knock off the £25 from the season ticket price?

Yes, they did.

RE: attendance saturday - Jizbag - 16-09-2021

Well they've shot themselves in the foot because I can't renew even though I've tried. I could sit elsewhere but then I'd be on my own. My own fault I suppose.

RE: attendance saturday - teeftwo - 16-09-2021

I would phone the ticket office in your case, they may be able to be more accommodating than the online process which will be, by necessity, less flexible.

RE: attendance saturday - exgaffer - 16-09-2021

(15-09-2021, 03:34 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Cheers Gaff you have fucked this thread

You are very welcome SS  Smile .

It’s all relevant to the attendance of course.

The risk is very low and I don’t understand the fear factor (and I’m 68 with underlying conditions).

Each to their own of course.

RE: attendance saturday - bluetagagain - 16-09-2021

(16-09-2021, 08:02 AM)Jizbag Wrote: Well they've shot themselves in the foot because I can't renew even though I've tried. I could sit elsewhere but then I'd be on my own. My own fault I suppose.

Unless you ‘reserved’ your seat it’s probably gone. It took me ages to get my seat years ago so even tho it was a waste of money last season . I paid the £25 again to reserve this season. Worth it if you can afford it. Ring the Tkt office and see if your seat is still available , if it is your best bet is to go down to the ticket office and buy it