TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: plymouth tickets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The club statement about the delays getting in reminds us that plymouth is not on STs.
With midweek games being well known for many fans arriving closer to kick off than Saturdays, sounds like another chance for a huge cock up and even long delays to get in.
I can see a lot of fans not bothering.

The big question is why the club made so many changes to just about everything all at the same time and when they are short of staff.
Poor planning. We should expect better.
New CEO Andrew Cullen is overseeing a complete shambles at the minute … £150K loss due to a gate of only 11,500 at the first home game, ticket office major lack of staffing, website down preventing fans purchasing tickets & season tickets, lack of refreshment at kiosks at the game yesterday, new smart card readers not working as they should before yesterday’s game … resulting in approx 2,500 queuing for 25+ minutes outside the north stand and missing the kick off. A bizarre state of affairs
At least noone could laugh at me for arriving early, for once.
(19-09-2021, 10:12 AM)MiltonPFC Wrote: [ -> ]New CEO Andrew Cullen is overseeing a complete shambles at the minute … £150K loss due to a gate of only 11,500 at the first home game, ticket office major lack of staffing, website down preventing fans purchasing tickets & season tickets, lack of refreshment at kiosks at the game yesterday, new smart card readers not working as they should before yesterday’s game … resulting in approx 2,500 queuing for 25+ minutes outside the north stand and missing the kick off. A bizarre state of affairs

Cullen will no doubt claim much of it is due to things outside his control (i.e staff absence due to covid, staff surprisingly leavingly, government indecision etc) but if it is down to bad luck then all you say is we never had bad luck like that when Catlin was in charge.
I do not get what is happening at our club of late. All we here are very weak excuses. Probably the club still have some staff on furlough, I know for a fact the first team has. Who ever is responsible for this should be sacked. MK Dons last week there were plenty of Stewards on duty easy access and well stocked catering facilities.
Absolutely.

I get there have been some challenges out of the Clubs control, but he should be all over ensuring that procedures and processes that bring in core revenues for the Club (ticket sales, refreshment stock etc) are fit for purpose. He’s been onboard since June
Printed tickets and phone QR codes fair enough but if you couldn’t work out that you needed to scan your ST then you can’t be very bright . I’m in my 60’s and it took me seconds.
I could not go yesterday and like TBP I would have been there watching the warms ups so would have been in in plenty of time.
As regards the scanning issue, did any of the stewards work down the queue explaining how to scan in the new way?
(19-09-2021, 11:09 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Printed tickets and phone QR codes fair enough but if you couldn’t work out that you needed to scan your ST then you can’t be very bright . I’m in my 60’s and it took me seconds.

It was bloody obvious that a lot of fans didn’t and there was no indication that there was a change from last year. All it needed was a notice explaining the change and stewards at the turnstiles telling everyone what to do. Also there are thousands of students in Portsmouth who if paid a decent hourly rate instead of the minimum wage who I’m sure would welcome a bit of cash on a Saturday afternoon.
It’s not the matter anymore if bunging a few students etc a wage . They have to have training etc. You only need to look at the ticket scanner to know what to do, nearly every shop in the UK has them.
How many times did the big screen remind fans that the Plymouth game is a paper ticket ? Nope not once.
Did the big screen not remind you to go for a piss at halftime.
Well you’ve obviously remembered. It’s been sent out in a club email, it’s been on the Pompey website . So I’d imagine at at least 75% of the people who haven’t bought a ticket will know this. Stop whinging about every little detail FFS.
take your bluetint glasses off bluetag we are all Pompey fans who want and expect the club to be run in an efficient manner and provide a service fit for purpose
(19-09-2021, 05:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Did the big screen not remind you to go for a piss at halftime.
Well you’ve obviously remembered. It’s been sent out in a club email, it’s been on the Pompey website . So I’d imagine at at least 75% of the people who haven’t bought a ticket will know this. Stop whinging about every little detail FFS.

F-ck me you are one arrogant tw-t. I haven’t had any issue getting in the ground or remembering that the Plymouth game is a paper ticket. But a hell off a lot of fans had issues yesterday and no doubt there will be Tuesday night. I am off the same age group as you and a Pompey fan for to many years but in my opinion our club has never been so poor administrative wise. So wind your neck in and give it a break.
Are you sure we’re the same age you sound like you’re about 12. Wind yer neck in FAF
A small observation, i know 3 people who have not renewed ST's all for different reasons.

1, wife with damaged immune system - will not risk crowds and danger of passing anything on to her.

2, Got fed up with tedious football 

3, Got fed up with the ticketing farces, got one at Havant instead.

Dismiss if you like but all 3 are Pompey fans with ST's for 20 years plus.

The club cannot afford to lose fans of that loyalty.
Bluetag, well done for getting the season ticket scanning right. Most people work on autopilot and muscle memory. For quite a few years now we've been used to putting the season ticket card in the slot which is where the recognition device to scan the card used to exist.

The card has changed to now be a chip and pin style card so the old NFC reader wouldn't work, hence the need for a new style NFC reader. Nowhere in any communication was this listed so many people just put their card in the slot as that is the way it used to work and as humans we are very good at getting our brains to work efficiently with muscle memory to minimise effort.

Many would have realised their mistake after a few tries and tapped the reader, others didn't. These delays were significant enough to create a delay in crowd flow. This could have been picked up using a matchday simulation of the new system, something that is obvious in retrospect to those in charge at PFC but obvious in advance to anyone used to break testing new systems. This would have identified this issue and then visual prompts on the day alongside prior communication could have been put in place which would have eradicated a large number of the issues as it would have acted as a trigger to prevent the automatic response at the turnstile.

So people not realising they had to tap and not insert is nothing to do with them being bright, it's because their brains work efficiently.
I hope both the original Plymouth paper tickets dated 6th September and the later paper tickets dated 21st have been programmed for acceptance tomorrow evening.......do I scan the barcode or feed it into the slot??!!
(20-09-2021, 11:07 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Bluetag, well done for getting the season ticket scanning right. Most people work on autopilot and muscle memory. For quite a few years now we've been used to putting the season ticket card in the slot which is where the recognition device to scan the card used to exist.

The card has changed to now be a chip and pin style card so the old NFC reader wouldn't work, hence the need for a new style NFC reader. Nowhere in any communication was this listed so many people just put their card in the slot as that is the way it used to work and as humans we are very good at getting our brains to work efficiently with muscle memory to minimise effort.

Many would have realised their mistake after a few tries and tapped the reader, others didn't. These delays were significant enough to create a delay in crowd flow. This could have been picked up using a matchday simulation of the new system, something that is obvious in retrospect to those in charge at PFC but obvious in advance to anyone used to break testing new systems. This would have identified this issue and then visual prompts on the day alongside prior communication could have been put in place which would have eradicated a large number of the issues as it would have acted as a trigger to prevent the automatic response at the turnstile.

So people not realising they had to tap and not insert is nothing to do with them being bright, it's because their brains work efficiently.
Muscle memory lol, we’ve been using scanners almost everyday since Covid . I stick to my opinion that we have a fair amount of thick fans. If you inserted your card and it didn’t work it would take about 5 secs to realise you had to tap it. Muscle memory FFS
To me the argument of fans being thick or muscle memory is mute.

Whatever the clientele, the fact remains that there were problems with people getting into the ground. Therefore something went wrong. Things seem to be constantly going wrong and little seems to be learnt when they do.

Simple communication with the fans in advance does not seem adequate and there isn't a plan B in place to address where obvious bottlenecks could occur. It's basic stuff...
It's what actually happened bt, sorry to disappoint you. And all that stuff on crowd behaviour and muscle memory is well known.

Something that is true, is true, regardless of whether or not you understand it.
I do understand and am aware of muscle memory but to not realise how to carry out an every day task is something else. However, I do agree the club should’ve posted signage indicating this.
(20-09-2021, 12:07 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]To me the argument of fans being thick or muscle memory is mute.

Whatever the clientele, the fact remains that there were problems with people getting into the ground. Therefore something went wrong. Things seem to be constantly going wrong and little seems to be learnt when they do.

Simple communication with the fans in advance does not seem adequate and there isn't a plan B in place to address where obvious bottlenecks could occur. It's basic stuff...

Exactly my point.
Surely if you are using a card, you do what works don’t you?

I was used to putting mine in the slot but when that didn’t work I tapped it as per in any shop and hey-ho it worked.

Have we really got that many fans with zero initiative and ‘muscle memory’ only?

I understand some people had cards that actually didn’t work, THEY have very good reason to feel aggrieved.

It will all sort itself out soon anyway and we can all get back to moaning about (or hopefully praising) the football.

The ‘they didn’t remind people on the big screen’ comment reminded me of a humorous card I bought for a mate last year. It had a picture of a bloke with bloodshot eyes sitting on the edge of his bed looking at a notice on his bedroom wall, it read ‘First trousers THEN your shoes’.  Smile
Pages: 1 2