TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Saudi Newcastle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Incredible to think that the guy who had nothing to do with the murder of that journalist also has nothing to do with the takeover of Newcastle. Such hypocracy.

Still, let's all carry on with the knee thing eh. That'll show football cares....

We'll know soon enough when they pay £40 million for Ben close.
On the flip side, I still think it is disgraceful that the English took over Brentford because the English murdered Jill Dando
(07-10-2021, 07:21 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]On the flip side, I still think it is disgraceful that the English took over Brentford because the English murdered Jill Dando
Who says dando was murdered by an Englishman? They never caught the blighter.
When Amanda Staveley's done falling in love with Barclays, Man City and Newcastle, can she watch us next?
(07-10-2021, 07:12 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Incredible to think that the guy who had nothing to do with the murder of that journalist also has nothing to do with the takeover of Newcastle. Such hypocracy.

Still, let's all carry on with the knee thing eh. That'll show football cares....

We'll know soon enough when they pay £40 million for Ben close.

Truly, beyond the pale. The Crown Prince is chairman of the investors but the PL are satisfied NU are not owned by the state. Talk about turning a blind eye  - an eye blinded by all the pounds signs the PL can see coming their way.
Politicians and financiers have always cowtowed to the Saudis because of their oil. Human rights issues are conveniently set aside. Wish their oil would run out. Think we would see a different attitude then
(07-10-2021, 10:06 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Politicians and financiers have always cowtowed to the Saudis because of their oil. Human rights issues are conveniently set aside. Wish their oil would run out. Think we would see a different attitude then

Prime example being the fact that 15 of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis (and Bin Laden)but it was Afghanistan and Iraq that copped the revenge. Sadly, when the oil goes Saudi power will remain because it’s now embedded in western financial and property systems, the UK being the best example. Newcastle is just one more cog in that. Footy in the higher leagues is basically no longer one old club playing another, but an international soft power play. 
Sad days…..
Still, at least there will be a snazzy line in black and white kufiyas in the club shop  Smile .
Nothing to see here. In this excellent article in the Guardian, Barney Ronay highlights the hypocrisy of the faux outrage surrounding the Saudi Newcastle takeover.

The Premier League ship never had a moral compass installed.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blo...y-collapse
NUFC would say what is good for HM the Queen and associated members, rubbing shoulders with the blighters at Royal Ascot, is good for them - and the city of Newcastle ! I believe Saudi remains one of our main customers for advanced arms exports.
Yep, that is it really, until the governement and UKplc says Saudi Arabia is a pariah state, Newcastle can legitimately say "why's it different rules for us?".

Would be fun to see every other club using the home fixture against Newcastle as their 'let's celebrate LGBTQ day!'. Rainbow flags, and glitter everywhere - that would be funny.
All this faux outrage makes me laugh.

So are we going to stop trading with China because of their appalling civil rights record, or India, or Pakistan or any of the other places with shabby human rights records?

If we do that we’ll pretty soon be a country of virtuous paupers.

Are you all up for that?

The hypocrisy of the virtuous left is absolutely staggering.
Do any of the moaners on here really think the Newcastle fans give a toss about some journalist that no-one had ever heard of before, no of course they don't. If they had offered to take over Pompey, would all the same moaners be complaining (of course not, except a few snowflakes). As EG says above, should we stop doing business with China (actually yes please but for what they did with Covid), or half the rest of the world. Grow up peeps.
Rocket, we have already been there. Gaydamak was just a front for his global-gangster, arms-dealer dad. As we all remember, it didn't end well.
"All this faux outrage makes me laugh."

Says the bloke who was frothing at the sight of a statue - that he never even knew existed - getting tipped into a harbour. Undecided
Allegedly
Don't recall the national faux-outrage when Pompey had a Saudi owner - that's assuming Al-Faraj actually existed!

Meanwhile English and Welsh football clubs continue to take the knee following the 'crime of the century' perpetuated by the US state police - while turning a blind eye to the nationality of the owners of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Millwall, Ipswich, Plymouth, Pompey, Wrexham and other clubs!
Veto on McDonalds and all other American things around then. Apple devices?
Obviously most fans don’t give a flying fvck where the money of their sugar daddies comes from. That doesn’t make the unease of many ‘faux’ or hypocritical, just adds to the growing disillusionment with the current unsavoury professional football model.
(08-10-2021, 10:15 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Allegedly

Yeah, forgot to add that bit. Cheers! Wink
Why are we talking about Newcastle on a Pompey forum?
I only care about my team - and we are owned by an American. Glass houses and all that.
Surely this thread should be under General?
I did not hear anyone bring up human rights when Falcondrone was in town (tongue in cheek thingy)
(08-10-2021, 09:18 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, that is it really, until the governement and UKplc says Saudi Arabia is a pariah state, Newcastle can legitimately say "why's it different rules for us?".

Would be fun to see every other club using the home fixture against Newcastle as their 'let's celebrate LGBTQ day!'. Rainbow flags, and glitter everywhere - that would be funny.

Knew it wouldn’t be long before this dinlo turned up.
Good luck to you bill and dsmg with your lgbtghytewjQ day.
Do you actually have an opinion on anything Savzzz? Can't remember you posting anything other than shitposts.
(08-10-2021, 10:08 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]"All this faux outrage makes me laugh."

Says the bloke who was frothing at the sight of a statue - that he never even knew existed - getting tipped into a harbour. Undecided

Just because you’d never heard of him Tuffers, doesn’t mean that those of us who’ve been to Bristol many times hadn’t. Don’t get out much do you?  Smile
Pages: 1 2 3