TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowley out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Totally out of his depth, he got lucky at Lincoln and is somehow still living of of it.
Sunderland fiasco gave him breathing space. He's used all that up already.
Sunderland fans must wonder what the hell happened.
Cowley’s are as safe as houses, Eisner won’t pay them off and they aren’t going to leave without a payoff.
I guess that's true.
If Ipswich can bring in a craggy veteran to look over Cook's shoulder, perhaps Harry fancies a watching brief, specially around the transfer windows.
It's all about the managers attitude, he's made it plain he doesn't give a toss about the efl trophy, but that tells the players that he picks that he's not bothered whether they win or not, the result of that is what happened Tuesday. The players have lost all confidence already but Cowley is just clutching at straws and insists on giving Marquis a starting place every league game when he hasn't got a clue what his best team is.
trouble is who does he put in instead of Marquis?
Harrison injured
The loanees both look non league at present.
Perhaps Curtis? Harness?
I still think it is too early to be sharpening the pitchforks. DC has not been allowed to build a squad as he would have wanted. Its painful at the moment but he hasn't built his team yet.

I just want to get through this season and next year we can mount a promotion challenge.
I would ask how many players he brings in before he can be said to have built the squad he wants.. is it 14 new faces so far and we are considerably worse than last season. I'm all for giving him time but not if we slip into a relegation battle. Any way, here's hoping for a positive response tuesday in a must win game to save face.
After Sunderland the players, fans and management were on a high. After recent results there was a golden chance against Sutton to build up Marquis' confidence and put out a strong team and go for a big win. But what does Cowley do, he makes 11 changes which tells the players and the opposition that he's not bothered.
Well Hammy, now you know, Cowley takes off Marquis and……wait for it !

Brings on Hirst ?????
What has got to happen for Azeez to get on the pitch. Or Jacobs for that matter?
(16-10-2021, 03:53 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I still think it is too early to be sharpening the pitchforks. DC has not been allowed to build a squad as he would have wanted. Its painful at the moment but he hasn't built his team yet.

I just want to get through this season and next year we can mount a promotion challenge.

You have to be kidding surely, this lot are tinpot.
I had not really thought about it. Today Tunnicliff back at the false number ten thing. Have we won when we move him from midfield to play there? We always seem weaker from what I can recall?
(16-10-2021, 04:04 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]What has got to happen for Azeez to get on the pitch. Or Jacobs for that matter?

DC obviously doesn't rate either of them. We are crying out for at least one attacking midfielder but he can't see it!
Bringing Ogilvie in appears to have weakened the defence. Is this correct?
Sorry Pedalo, just can’t agree, Cowley’s recruitment in both signings and loans have ended up with Pompey in disarray and actually a worse side than Jackett’s

Thus far, I think he’s down there with John Gregory….and that’s not a good place for a Pompey manager to be for we fans.

Depressing that you will get your wish anyway as Eisner will let The Cowley see out their contracts rather than pay them off, always remember that as long as he doesn’t have to put his hand in his very deep pockets, it will be the status quo.
ok. so just say the Eisners go against all they believe and start again.
Who should they bring in, who realistically would come.
Eisner should question his ambition for this club because as things stand he's ruining it for the supporters.

Proper investment in the team which means a decent manager and players. Anything else is selling us short, we're not Accrington Stanley ffs.

If they don't want to invest properly then maybe they should consider selling up to someone with actual ambition.

Makes me laugh when the press bang on about an £11m stadium redevelopment, like it's a lot of money. It's fuck all actually. Especially to someone like old man short arms long pockets Eisner.
Please please get Harry in - yes, yes we know, he will spend money for you , BUT he is a winner, and a brilliant team manager.
I'd love to go and see a team run by Harry again. He spent very little on transfer fees, knows a player and would get the most from a veteran such as Williams.
Of course we can all place tongues in cheeks ........( I liked it)
Mickey 393

Great time for Cowley to discover he doesn’t rate Azeez and Ogilvie…..who on earth decided to take them on loan for fecks sake ?

Oh ! It was Danny boy wasn’t it
(16-10-2021, 04:15 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Pedalo, just can’t agree, Cowley’s recruitment in both signings and loans have ended up with Pompey in disarray and actually a worse side than Jackett’s

Thus far, I think he’s down there with John Gregory….and that’s not a good place for a Pompey manager to be for we fans.

Depressing that you will get your wish anyway as Eisner will let The Cowley see out their contracts rather than pay them off, always remember that as long as he doesn’t have to put his hand in his very deep pockets, it will be the status quo.

I agree that this team is crap (and worse than last year) and that recruitment has been poor. However, you have to give him enough rope to hang himself. 

There are still many of Kenny's signing taking up the majority of the budget and Cowley needs to be allowed to build his own team. We just have to limp through to the next transfer window and pray someone takes the donkeys off our hands.

Right now there is still an excuse for the cowleys failing. Take that excuse away and then well see what they're made of.

I wouldn't let them sign players longer than 2 years though!
Pages: 1 2