TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: And that, folks, is our level
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lower mid table at best. The deficiencies in the team and style of play are too obvious even to mention. 

But fuck it. We own Roko, some terraced houses and plan to spunk millions increasing the Milton capacity by 7, so all’s good. 

No-one will want to admit it, but we are now worse off than when that tedious chipmunk was in charge.

I’ll get me Tena.
A guy i know said "I only come cos I bought my season ticket"....I have to agree, we are that bad. Just seen the Vassell miss again, it would have been easier to score Lol
I'm on the verge of not coming despite having a season ticket. I just can't relate to this squad or this manager. They're not my team, in a way I can't really define. We've had worse squads in my time but somehow they were usually "Pompey" in a way this one isn't. I do not 'feel' anything for most of our players. Mediocre journeymen one and all.

Incoherent nonsense, I know, but I'm struggling to explain my current pompey malaise even to myself. Anyone the same?
Add to it the embarrassing ‘clapping love-in’ at the end of games …when we’ve just looked piss poor against a pretty average side … again
(02-11-2021, 10:25 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]A guy i know said "I only come cos I bought my season ticket"....I have to agree, we are that bad.  Just seen the Vassell miss again, it would have been easier to score Lol

We're not bad. It's just our 'eisner' level. As with Bolton, they ran about a bit and tried a bit they are just not that good. They can't cross a ball most times, rarely take on a defender and get the shits the moment they get near the penalty box. 

All of this was entirely predictable when you release everybody, hold free agent pump events during the summer, and then have a recruitment budget of £12.50. 

I'm amazed Harrow wasn't selected for BBC etc. We are there for the taking.
But we simply shouldn't expect anything more from a team built very largely from the Bargain Basement, from owners/board who have little or no ambition for the team and don't share both the fans respect for our club's status and the love for the club itself. It pains me to think that, with due respect, lesser clubs like Coventry, Luton and Blackpool sit comfortably in the Championship at this moment through their owner's proper commitment.
There is an air of resignation about the place and it's only early November. I get drawn to my seat for every game feeling that I should be there just in case I miss something special (Sunderland) but often leave deflated but not surprised.
Post-Christmas turnaround this season?
D C's obviously an eBay fan  Big Grin
(03-11-2021, 08:28 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]There is an air of resignation about the place and it's only early November. I get drawn to my seat for every game feeling that I should be there just in case I miss something special (Sunderland) but often leave deflated but not surprised.
Post-Christmas turnaround this season?

You are correct, there is an air of resignation. This is a real worry as it means that nobody will do anything about it.
I am angry with our owners. That they except the supporters to turn up in their thousands and to follow them all over the country while the team serves up completely rubbish football. I'm also furious that Michael Eisner has condemned us to lower league football for a generation due to his lack of ambition and shortsightedness in realising the ambition of the club.

Eat what we kill is a fucking joke, no football club has any success with that kind of attitude. It's just an excuse to watch us slide down the leagues. An owner with ambition for the football team would have employed a decent manger, or after realising that the current manager is failing would replace him. This won't happen and we'll be stuck with Cowleyball for the next 2 years while Eisner sticks to his word to keep the faith in his management appointment, code for too tight to pay him off.

My son went last night for the first time since Jackett. He was shocked at how bad we were. Said there was no plan, no desire, no fight. Even the crowd was quiet and when we scored there was hardly any reaction. I think people are worn out by our mediocreness. It's pretty clear that Eisner is draining the soul out of Pompey.
(02-11-2021, 10:04 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll get me Tena.

Can you hand some out to the others on here too, you know who they are?
Good old Tomsk....happy with our progress then?
I must admit I think that every year since we got promoted to L1 the playing staff ( and probably just not the players) have got weaker and weaker. Our promotion winning side would thrash this lot of rejects.
(03-11-2021, 01:13 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Good old Tomsk....happy with our progress then?

No not especially, but willing to give the management time to build and mould a team together, and not cry like a little girl when we don't win.
(03-11-2021, 01:44 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2021, 01:13 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Good old Tomsk....happy with our progress then?

No not especially, but willing to give the management time to build and mould a team together, and not cry like a little girl when we don't win.

How long are you prepared to give them? They've had over 30 games. Nothing to do with crying like a girl, just showing huge concern for the direction of travel. As was mentioned above our promotion winning team would thrash this lot. And that can't be right. No progress at all.

Still as long as you're happy with that....
Nothing wrong with expressing concern or having opinions be they different or whatever, that's what these forums are about. But just blubbing and moaning every time we don't win convincingly playing attractive football (you won't be surprised to hear this) gets right on my tits.
(02-11-2021, 10:49 PM)MiltonPFC Wrote: [ -> ]Add to it the embarrassing ‘clapping love-in’ at the end of games …when we’ve just looked piss poor against a pretty average side … again

Fecking right Milton, what is all that about?

I’d extend that to the ovation Marquis got when he came off. Wtf were people clapping ffs?

I asked that question of a few of the clippers and got a load of bollox like ‘you can’t fault his effort’, or, hilariously, ‘he’s going through a barren spell’. Fecking long spell isn’t it?

If I went on I’d put in 100% effort but I’d still be totally ineffective  Smile .

The man is paid to score goals and he not only isn’t doing it, he isn’t looking like doing it (the occasional scuffed fluke aside of course). Why are people applauding failure?
Tbh I don't think people are moaning about not winning, I think they're alarmed that we've gone from promotion contenders to mid table or worse in 6 months. And there are no signs of anything changing. In fact it just looks bleak. I don't trust the management team one bit.

Eat what we kill is fine if we aspire to yo-yoing between the bottom 2 divisions. That's as far as we go. No chance of real progress without serious investment in the playing side.
Eat what you kill is fine, as long as you've got the right weapons and ammunition
(03-11-2021, 03:06 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Eat what you kill is fine, as long as you've got the right weapons and ammunition

Which we don't. When is the last time we made money on a developed player? Clarke maybe and he came from Ipswich, before that maybe Jed.
Fuck me we'll all be long gone if we're waiting to build a successful team on the proceeds of EWWK.

Michael Eisner should come clean and say that he's only here for the real estate so at least we can save our money and do something else on a Saturday. (I already have)
(03-11-2021, 03:30 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2021, 03:06 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Eat what you kill is fine, as long as you've got the right weapons and ammunition

Which we don't. When is the last time we made money on a developed player? Clarke maybe and he came from Ipswich, before that maybe Jed.
Fuck me we'll all be long gone if we're waiting to build a successful team on the proceeds of EWWK.

Michael Eisner should come clean and say that he's only here for the real estate so at least we can save our money and do something else on a Saturday. (I already have)

Adam Webster, Conor Chaplin & Jamal Lowe spring to mind. And Curtis will be next.
(03-11-2021, 03:30 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]

Only thing that will move Eisner is a reduction in the revenue streams and that not going to happen whilst season ticket sales are still high.
We as fans are left hanging with what we have got for the foreseeable future, a  financially strapped squad,two ex teachers desperate for work,a loyal fanbase pumping their dosh into a club  which is dear to their hearts but has had the soul ripped out of it by   an absentee owner,who has a financial view on a real estate investment in the future.

Medium term expect little change and anyone thinking the Cowleys are going to turn it around on the pitch with hoofball is seriously mistaken.speak to informed Huddersfield or Lincoln fans who could clearly see through the verbal claptrap and happy clapping......they couldn`t wait to get rid.
Jamal Lowe, Gareth Evans, Enda Stevens, Matt Clarke, Michael Doyle , Christian Burgess, Kyle Bennett, Kai Naismith et all '................
Not quite sure why being an  ex-teacher is used as a criticism of the DC.  Why is that bit of his background relevant when he has managerial experience of 700 games with 5 promotions ?  You can question whether lower level success is that relevant, but why the teacher bit ? It's not like he hadn't been a footballer before that.

And he may have not been successful at Huddersfield, although he did get a Manager of the Month whilst there, and achieved the set objective of avoiding what looked like a likely relegation, but to suggest Lincoln fans could not wait to get rid is a long way from the mark. They are both still regarded as heroes at Lincoln.
(03-11-2021, 03:53 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]Jamal Lowe, Gareth Evans, Enda Stevens, Matt Clarke, Michael Doyle , Christian Burgess, Kyle Bennett, Kai Naismith et all '................

I'm not sure what you're saying but we only sold Jamal Lowe for a profit. There is no-one in our squad that anyone would pay for.
Pages: 1 2 3