TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cookie back to Chesterfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seems like a really strange career move. I would have thought a championship club would be snapping him up. Burn out?
Maybe he's been found out like Jackett and L1 & 2 are his limit
(08-02-2022, 03:24 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like a really strange career move. I would have thought a championship club would be snapping him up. Burn out?

Sentimental choice by the look of it.

But managers are attracted to clubs obviously on the up and a couple of promotions there would rebuild his reputation.
(08-02-2022, 03:30 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe he's been found out like Jackett and L1 & 2 are his limit

Jackett took Wolves to 7th in the Championship.
He was ticking along nicely at Wigan before the shit hit the fan. Losing Richardson was a big blow though...
(08-02-2022, 03:24 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like a really strange career move. I would have thought a championship club would be snapping him up. Burn out?

Can’t see why a champ club would want him, surely they are a bit more professional than hiring and alcoholic gob shite.
>Jackett took Wolves to 7th in the Championship. <
Then what?? he went back to L1 by default
(08-02-2022, 04:45 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]>Jackett took Wolves to 7th in the Championship. <
Then what?? he went back to L1 by default

Yes he did. So what. 

It was in response to L1 & L2 being his 'limit'. 7th in the Championship is way above that  limit. 

Level maybe, but not limit.
its just a short term, til the end of the season thing. He is well placed to get another promotion on his CV. Better to do that and get paid for a few months than siting around earning nothing much.
(08-02-2022, 04:00 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Can’t see why a champ club would want him, surely they are a bit more professional than hiring and alcoholic gob shite.

The Talisman in park gate were sad to see him go . Their takings went down 50% instantly !!!!
Did someone get sacked at Chesterfield? Would seem a bit harsh as they’re doing well.
(08-02-2022, 04:00 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

You mean the alcoholic gob shite that got us our only promotion in the last almost 20 years!
(08-02-2022, 05:50 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Did someone get sacked at Chesterfield? Would seem a bit harsh as they’re doing well.

Yeh their manager was sacked for misconduct. Not performance related.
Bullying, I believe, P_m.
Both Cook & Jackett loved 4-2-3-1.

Great formation away bur so Negative at home.

At least Cook was prepared to listen to supporters & become morec adventurous unlike Mr Negative Jackett!
I don't think Cook listened to the supporters, more to the player revolt
Cook is in the Sky Studio tonight covering Fulham v Millwall. The panel tried to get out of him if he is taking over Chesterfield, he knows they are at Weymouth Saturday so perhaps he is. One of my favourite Pompey wins was the 6.1 Cheltenham one which gave us the Div 2 title. Grateful for that and wish him well wherever he finishes up
>Level maybe, but not limit. <
Pedant
(08-02-2022, 09:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Cook listened to the supporters, more to the player revolt

Didn't he get accosted by a load of supporters in the Shepherds Crook I seem to remember reading?
He probably recognises he needs to start over without Richardson and build back up. Chesterfield is as good a place is any to do that
Personally, all respect to him for taking a job at a lower level rather than seeing himself as the big I am who would not dirty his hands
Appointment confirmed today.
When we won the League 2 Championship was it due to the stirling work that he did up to and including the infamous home game with Crewe or what the players did in the last part of the season? I think that the general concensus is that it was the latter.
As for Jackett, well he was four years wasted and looking at the O's current form (two points from last eight games) I think it's highly likely that his tenure there won't be lasting much longer. You've got to read what their supporters are saying; they're virtually identical to our fans over the two year period after he engineered an abject surrender in the second leg of the play-off s/final against Sunderland up to the point we finally let him go.
After all it's Pompey, isn't it?
I liked Cook and would have him back in a heart beat. Passionate, knew his own mind, had no problem telling journos and fans to foxtrot Oscar, demanded an identity from his team and signed a blend of youth and experience to deliver his plan.
Personally,I couldn’t ever understand a word he said.
Pages: 1 2