TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team for tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
despite the rubbish sounds like a great one from thompson
Yeeeesssssssss get in there Thompson !!!!
Thompson, about fucking time. The only shot we've had this half.
a win's a win I guess!
That's all you can take from that. Dreadful football, awful to watch. I barely care we won.
A win, yet the miserable old gits are still out in force!
(22-02-2022, 09:52 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]A win, yet the miserable old gits are still out in force!

Are you moaning again?
Whatever, this team doesn't even compare with Jackett's in his 2nd season. Misplaced pass after pass, poor control, dreadful crossing. I know we won and I suppose that's a positive but it was very poor. Did you watch it?
(22-02-2022, 09:32 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Thompson, about fucking time. The only shot we've had this half.

Hirst had one. Nice flick too.
Good Win against 10 men. Onwards & upwards!
(22-02-2022, 09:56 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever, this team doesn't even compare with Jackett's in his 2nd season. Misplaced pass after pass, poor control, dreadful crossing. I know we won and I suppose that's a positive but it was very poor. Did you watch it?

Yes, and it was an awful game, but I'd rather we played badly and win, than play well and lose"
(22-02-2022, 10:05 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-02-2022, 09:56 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever, this team doesn't even compare with Jackett's in his 2nd season. Misplaced pass after pass, poor control, dreadful crossing. I know we won and I suppose that's a positive but it was very poor. Did you watch it?

Yes, and it was an awful game, but I'd rather we played badly and win, than play well and lose"
I guess so, I just don't see any shape, plan or execution in our play. Jacobs is a key player. Without him it's just hopeful football.
(22-02-2022, 10:05 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]

I guess so, I just don't see any shape, plan or execution in our play. Jacobs is a key player. Without him it's just hopeful football.
Oops!
Positives tonight:
Superb goal by Thompson
82% passing accuracy per stats
Negatives:
Crossing terrible, successful crosses =7  out of 38 attempts per stats, biggest culprit Harness who can't lift the ball
Thought Hume had a good game.
(22-02-2022, 10:44 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Thought Hume had a good game.

I agree. His was my MOTM. Curtis played well too, and practised his diving!
I thought the one time we really played well was after their red card. We stuck a player on each wing to stretch them. Romeo and Curtis were running the game down their side of the pitch.
Then along comes half time. The manager decides to change it by moving Curtis as far away from Romeo as possible. Harness had a stinker. Romeo went out of the game and got subbed. Curtis eventually got back into the game but not as effectively. O'Brien enjoyed himself played well and got subbed off. Walker came on looked unable to play the same role as O'Brien got a couple of shots in.
Thompson scores one of them shots that usually ends up in row Z
Napoleon liked lucky generals, I guess we should hope that we have a lucky manager.
Yes, it was more piss poor football. Very little improvement being shown. Its hard to watch. Not quite as bad as jackettball but its in the same realm.

I completely sympathise with the miserable old gits. It all just seems a bit pointless at the moment because performances are well off what they need to be.

On a positive note, its a win away from home. Morrell to come back on Saturday. One fewer game we have to endure this season.
until they went down to ten men, I thought we played jacket ball, but badly and did not keep a clean sheet either,
I'm not really sure what the point of the warm ups are, they consist of lots of short passing which we instantly discard when the game starts.
(23-02-2022, 12:14 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]until they went down to ten men, I thought we played jacket ball, but badly and did not keep a clean sheet either, 
I'm not really sure what the point of the warm ups are, they consist of lots of short passing which we instantly discard when the game starts.

Yes, I've noticed that. Our best football is in those zippy, tippy-tappy warm-up routines. What a shame we have to watch that other dross the rest of the time. Cowley calls it 'patient', I call it 'clueless'.
Cowley is completely clueless, it's transparent to me. All the bullshit he comes out with, the football is shocking, the players c an barely control the ball, they generally don't have a clue as they approach the opposition penalty area so end up passing the ball back or chucking in some kind of hopeful (usually poor) cross. I think he's a terrible manager and cannot get any enjoyment watching this team.

There was a moment towards the end of the game when Hirst has the ball on the edge of their area and Curtis is free in space running in, instead of putting him in in a clear one on one tries to take on the defender and have some kind of crap shot. I don't know if Cowley has coached it of him but it just about summed up the type of football we have under our current manager. I should be happy after winning last night, instead I feel pretty much apathetic about it.
I could have sworn we'd just won 3 in a row(?)

Deebo

There’s more to football than winning. There’s also enjoying watching it as well and that ethos seems to have gone of the window over the years. Watching last night was like sticking pins in my eyes. I don’t usually react either way to a good or bad performance as I try to stay off the emotional merry-go-round but last night was too much. It was laughable it was that bad. The good points were Hume’s obvious ability, energy and drive. After that I’m struggling to find a positive thing to say. Once again, the sending off drained the energy from the side. There was no direction, plan, energy or apparent interest just aimless passing and swanning around. Having an extra man was negated by Tunnicliffe playing as if he wasn’t on the pitch. Aimless ten yard backward and sideways passes played when he had space to move forward. He hardly broke into a jog all night, stood out on the right wing and left the centre of the field to LT who might as well have been playing there on his own. Cowley had the whole of half time to work out what to do and we end up struggling to get any efforts on their goal. I just feel sorry to watch those hardy souls dragging themselves up there on a Tuesday night in February to be offered that sort of garbage.

Once upon a time there was a game called football ...
I only followed the commentary from AM and GW so I'm not in a place to comment on how it looked last night but I do understand the above post. Decades ago all that mattered to me was the result but now I like to be entertained and feel things are on an upward trajectory. Of course some days you just have to win ugly, maybe last night was one of those.. but we seem to make a habit of winning ugly, drawing ugly and losing ugly. It makes for a difficult watch even when we win. Even the Donny win (4-0) was a painful first 45 minutes. Here's hoping Saturday we are easier on the eye but still win. That would be nice.
Pages: 1 2 3