TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Play some kids from now on? time for us to see if any of them have the ability. No point using Baz.. time to try Webber perhaps? Vincent? J-White, Mingi? DC has to rebuild this summer with half the team on loan. Back to square one... but he will only get one more chance I would think as this season looks like we could finish even lower than under Jacket.
Cowley can fuck off after a performance like that. Spineless.
There's a lack of quality at times, particularly at vital points. The mistake from Thompson cost us dearly bringing the winning goal. As others have already said this game proved that O'Brien is not the answer up front. The delivery from set pieces particularly corners is criminal to be honest. 
Unfortunately the rest of this season is going to be pretty meaningless which is a real shame.
Not good enough & missing Jacobs creativity.

Forget the playoffs now.
Only had the radio but sounded dire. Effort but all in the name of not losing.
Even Jacketts seasons didn't peter out this early FFS. Thinness of the squad shown up totally tonight.
With gritted teeth I admit Argyle have 4 strikers who score goals. We have Hirst ..........
Hirst, O'Brien and Walker.. in descending order of worth.. and all of them on loan, so arguably we don't have any strikers.
Seems like O´brien peaked a couple of games ago
Unbelievable the amount of times we passed it around the back and to the goalie, painful to watch. I'd be furious if I'd travelled to Plymouth to watch that.
I cant count Walker Fp, He is useless
We're all disappointed with that but please cut out the surrendering. 

We have 9 games left and 18 points could still be enough for the play offs. 

It's not likely but its possible so why give up ?
(15-03-2022, 10:03 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We're all disappointed with that but please cut out the surrendering. 

I admire your optimism. You're right  there's still a faint chance, though Plymouth pretty much outplayed us tonight and deserved to win. It's mot over till its over, but it was a 6-pointer and we fluffed it. Once again corners were abysmal.
(15-03-2022, 10:03 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We're all disappointed with that but please cut out the surrendering. 

You should be asking why Cowley set up his team, for the second game running, to get a 0-0 draw. That's not very positive. Only started playing when we gave them the goal. Disappointing to be so far behind an incredibly average team. 

Still the Eisner's will be happy and we get wood-effect drinking kiosks in the north stand. Whoopee.

Rocketman is decidedly generous to say they outclassed us. Never looked like scoring until we helped them out.
I really love your optimism Deep but 8th will be our limit. I can’t see Sheff Wed, Plymouth, Wycombe etc dropping many of any points. I hope we win Saturday but i envisage a draw as Wycombe are a horrible team when they play away.
We've been on a really good run, lose one by the odd goal to a decent team in form and all the fannies come out of the woodwork!!
fannies come out of the woodwork!!

isn`t that a glory hole ?
(15-03-2022, 10:02 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I cant count Walker Fp, He is useless

No argument from me on that one. Completely useless.
(16-03-2022, 01:04 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]We've been on a really good run, lose one by the odd goal to a decent team in form and all the fannies come out of the woodwork!!

Did you watch the game Tomsk? I ask again. We didn't even try to win. It was pathetic.
(16-03-2022, 01:04 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]We've been on a really good run, lose one by the odd goal to a decent team in form and all the fannies come out of the woodwork!!

To be fair we haven't even been knocking on the play off door this season. We've looked all season like an 8th-10th placed team so it's hard to see what progress is being made. I think people are thoroughly fed up with it. I know I am.
It did seem - in our last two games - that we, unnecessarily, handed the impetus to the opposition.
But conversely, when we did get aggressive and progress forward we had a good number of chances. On another day ( we wish) Curtis could have scored, at least, a couple, but strangely bang off form - those dead ball kicks !!
If Jacobs had been produced in either game we might have fared better. I cannot totally blame Thomo for their goal, it was a disastrous ball from Robertson when a ball up the line was a better option.
However, it would now seem a good idea to try to integrate a few younger players. We have good news on the Jenkins stadium, and must look optimistically towards next season with our improved FP facilities. PUP
With the limited resources at his disposal I have no doubt he picked the right team last night.
On thre night Plymouth were marginally better than us but they'll playing in this league next season.
The reasons we lost were threefold. The players simply didn't 'step up', negativity/lack of innovation and bringing on Robertson on the hour...a substitution on a par with Jackett bringing on Burgess against Coventry a couple of years ago.
People who bang on about Curtis (and others) need to get real. If we sold him (or gave him away as we seem to do nowadays) we need to stop and think how we would go about replacing him with the Eisners preferring freebies or loans and paying below average wages, as opposed to putting their hand in their pocket, with someone that is going to improve the side. It won't happen.
Finally, when is our CEO going to get round to sorting out those that are out of contract as well as those who perhaps deserve an extended contract. He will also need to address and explore the possibility of retaining some of the loans as well as players that have doubtless been identified by Cowley. If I'm honest, I'm not overly optimistic.
So our last nine games with a tiny, threadbare squad and Tyler Walker reads W6 D2 L1 and yet people are still moaning? What does the club/manager need to do to get those supporters onside?

OK, the football hasn't been great at times but this last spell has shown that the team can play well, defend fantastically well and score a few goals. I don't think the play offs have ever been a realistic target this season so you have to take the positives when they're right in front of you*

* Just to clarify, usually I make Eeyore and Marvin the paranoid android look like eternal optimists.
(16-03-2022, 10:46 AM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]The reasons we lost were threefold. The players simply didn't 'step up', negativity/lack of innovation and bringing on Robertson on the hour...a substitution on a par with Jackett bringing on Burgess against Coventry a couple of years ago.

I'll add a fourth - tiredness. They looked absolutely knackered last night and also the second half on Saturday.
(16-03-2022, 10:46 AM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, when is our CEO going to get round to sorting out those that are out of contract as well as those who perhaps deserve an extended contract. He will also need to address and explore the possibility of retaining some of the loans as well as players that have doubtless been identified by Cowley. If I'm honest, I'm not overly optimistic.

Hopefully this is ongoing now as we all know we've made this error in the past.   Sleepy
Pages: 1 2 3