TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bazunu

Carter, Raggett, Robertson, Ogilvie
Jacobs, Thompson, Morrell, Harness
Curtis, Hirst

Subs:
Webber, Mingi, Romeo, Tunnicliffe, Vincent, Walker, O’Brien, Williams
Probably Pompey's best team but would prefer to see some youngsters get game time now that season is over.
Fuck my old boots 1-1
(23-04-2022, 01:40 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]Probably Pompey's best team but would prefer to see some youngsters get game time now that season is over.

What youngsters are that - Mingi on bench, Vincent only played 3 youth team natches since injury  HJW couldn't even make H &W first team and when he came on as substitute looked lightweight and knowhere near men's football.
Yes, those 3 please. We have absolutely nothing to play for so let's give them a run about without any pressure.
Oh and Webber surely. why keep playing Bazuno
2-1 and all kicking off
(23-04-2022, 02:38 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-04-2022, 01:40 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]Probably Pompey's best team but would prefer to see some youngsters get game time now that season is over.

What youngsters are that - Mingi on bench, Vincent only played 3 youth team natches since injury  HJW couldn't even make H &W first team and when he came on as substitute looked lightweight and knowhere near men's football.

Azeez couldn’t get in our team but selected for Arsenal. Are we better than Arsenal then?
Didn't play but yes, a bit strange.
3-1 their keeper is a bit shit
Very disappointed in Ben Thompson
(23-04-2022, 02:38 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]

That's right plus Webber - if you're not going to look at them now when you have nothing to loose - then when?  Would add some interest to meaningless end of season matches.
How clueless, Vincent & HJW are knowhere near first team ready. Gillingham are fighting relegation, Wigan going for title & Sheff Wed for play offs.

To play totally unready nippers would be an affront to those teams competing with the above. If the boot was on the other foot and we were competing for play offs everyone would be up in arms at opposition playing weakened teams.

I always think of all the young players like Ashley Harris who were thrown in when not ready and disappeared after a couple of years
looking further. Assuming that the loans go back and do not return, how close are we to a promotion push next year.
I know we are short of strikers, but with Walker, Hurst and carter going home, we will have the funding to bring in a couple of decent attacking players.
If we keep what we have...
GK For this level I think we have one good enough and a young up and coming.
Defence good enough, especially if we can keep Raggie.
midfield just about good enough assuming we replace Williams with a younger model. a lot will depend on how many games Thompson can play I think.
Strikers keep O'Brien and get him properly fit which Cowley seems to indicate he is not. Add one more of our own and a loan.
The form of late suggests we have enough to be top 8 at last.
Work to do but maybe the squad is actually not that far away from play offs. Top 2 is very tough with the financial advantage for the relegated champ teams.
That's a different (and to be fair, slightly better) argument Gaffer. Yes there is a moral quandary to upholding the fairness of the league. But I'm an old and bitter person now. I don't remember any other team doing similar for us. I remember every team taking the piss when we were down & out.

So I say: Do what's best for Pompey. If other clubs want to squinny, let them.
The squad as you say won’t be here next season, Curtis will be off as will Harness. We have no strikers. Bass will be sold.
(23-04-2022, 04:31 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]That's a different (and to be fair, slightly better) argument Gaffer. Yes there is a moral quandary to upholding the fairness of the league. But I'm an old and bitter person now. I don't remember any other team doing similar for us. I remember every team taking the piss when we were down & out.

So I say: Do what's best for Pompey. If other clubs want to squinty, let them.

I'm guessing you made the trek to Huddersfield when Charlton (?) collapsed against Man City on the last day. Meaning we missed promotion. annoying butt all part of the last day scenario league wide.
(23-04-2022, 04:18 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]How clueless, Vincent & HJW are knowhere near first team ready. Gillingham are fighting relegation, Wigan going for title & Sheff Wed for play offs.

To play totally unready nippers would be an affront to those teams competing with the above. If the boot was on the other foot and we were competing for play offs everyone would be up in arms at opposition playing weakened teams.

I always think of all the  young players like Ashley Harris who were thrown in when not ready and disappeared  after a couple of years

How did you come to that conclusion?  Doubt you have seen anymore of them than I have and on the evidence of today could have easily given some of them minutes.
(23-04-2022, 04:45 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-04-2022, 04:18 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]How clueless, Vincent & HJW are knowhere near first team ready. Gillingham are fighting relegation, Wigan going for title & Sheff Wed for play offs.

I always think of all the  young players like Ashley Harris who were thrown in when not ready and disappeared  after a couple of years

How did you come to that conclusion?  Doubt you have seen anymore of them than I have and on the evidence of today could have easily given some of them minutes.
Exactly, when will they be ready? Another season on the bench?
(23-04-2022, 02:55 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and Webber surely. why keep playing Bazuno

You do know Webber is only contracted to the end of the season, the same as Bazanu. 

Yes, he may stay, but he may not.
(23-04-2022, 03:25 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Very disappointed in Ben Thompson

Me too
(23-04-2022, 04:53 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-04-2022, 04:45 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]How did you come to that conclusion?  Doubt you have seen anymore of them than I have and on the evidence of today could have easily given some of them minutes.
Exactly, when will they be ready? Another season on the bench?

Vincent has only played 3 games for the Youth Team after season long injury. HJW couldn't get in H & W team whilst on loan. I saw him come on for 30 mins in one match at H & W - looked a totally lost " boy in men's football" , lightweight and hardly touched the ball. 

H & W fans were saying he was same in other matches - far too early to try to blood a nipper in Div1. 

All (inc Mingi) need to go out on loan before they are " ready" and no it won't be next season.
Azeez couldn’t get in our team yet gets picked for Arsenal. Are we better than Arsenal then?
(23-04-2022, 06:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Azeez couldn’t get in our team yet gets picked for Arsenal.  Are we better than Arsenal then?

Azeez played 10 times for us and has played zero games for Arsenal other than 7 minutes as a sub in the Euopra League before he came to us.   So would you care to explain your point ?
(23-04-2022, 05:28 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-04-2022, 03:25 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Very disappointed in Ben Thompson

Me too

Not sure what game you were watching.

I haven’t seen a more one sided contest for years and we should have won by more, which explains where our problem is and why we are not in the frame.

Bearing in mind the minimal amount of possession Gillingham had, I thought Thompson did OK. He was their best player by a country mile and I’d sign him tomorrow given the chance.
Pages: 1 2