TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Who here has proper football experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(19-06-2022, 02:44 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2022, 02:30 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]If so, not surprising he didn't mention his scum connections, both as player & coach.

And as a supporter from what I can recall.

Would make sense from the crap he posts on here
(19-06-2022, 01:44 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Ian Juryeff?

That’s my guess. He played a few games for the wurzelsI think when Mcmenemy was there.
(19-06-2022, 02:57 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2022, 02:44 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2022, 02:30 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]If so, not surprising he didn't mention his scum connections, both as player & coach.

And as a supporter from what I can recall.

That would make all his negative posts suddenly make sense ... they could easily be those of a scummer on a wind-up.

Reading subsequent posts, I can't un-see this
Suppose I have a couple of claims for this thread:

My old man took his FA coaching course alongside Tommy Docherty.

One of them passed first time and ended up playing top non-league football against the likes of Dagenham, Wycombe and Stevenage and was still playing County League football aged 60.

The other failed the course and went on to manage Manchester United and Scotland!

As for myself, I've played against the second English player to be transferred for over a million quid (Steve Daley) and Gary Shaw (ex Villa) at Walsall's Bescot Stadium.  OK, it was only a hastily arranged friendly organised by the brewery I worked for at the time who happened to sponsor Walsall and both of those players were area managers! Bizarrely, Walsall had been due to play a pre-season friendly against Dynamo Dresden which was cancelled at short notice and 200-300 Saddlers fans turned up to watch a pub side take on some has-beens! I had a one on one with their keeper and almost scored that night as well!
Pages: 1 2 3