TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Marlon Pack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can't really see it, he will be on champ wages and will be a short term signing. Until we've got a couple of strikers in we can't really be splashing wages on positions where we are pretty well covered first team wise.
(05-06-2022, 10:52 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I can't really see it, he will be on champ wages and will be a short term signing. Until we've got a couple of strikers in we can't really be splashing wages on positions where we are pretty well covered first team wise.

He’s not on any wages Hammie, he doesn’t have a club and I’m sure he wouldnt expect championship wages signing for a L1 club.
(05-06-2022, 11:59 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 10:52 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I can't really see it, he will be on champ wages and will be a short term signing. Until we've got a couple of strikers in we can't really be splashing wages on positions where we are pretty well covered first team wise.

He’s not on any wages Hammie, he doesn’t have a club and I’m sure he wouldnt expect championship wages signing for a L1 club.

which is why he is more likely to sign for a championship club who will match his current wages, like Bristol City (where he lives).
(05-06-2022, 12:51 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 11:59 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

which is why he is more likely to sign for a championship club who will match his current wages, like Bristol City (where he lives).

He doesn’t have current wages and if it is all about the money for him then I am sure he will however saying we shouldn’t sign him because he WAS on championship wages doesn’t make sense. A player who was in the Prem, then plays in the championship and then L1 wouldn’t be on Prem wages.

If he wants to come to us in L1 he will expect L1 wages.
He does still have current wages. Footballer's contracts end on June 30th.  

His agent will be doing his best to match to match his current wages, which according to a Cardiff website may only be 10k per week, quite low in the championship but still double what we would be likely to offer.
He can try what he likes but he won’t be getting championship wages at Pompey!!!!!!!!
I would assume the promoted teams will get fist dibs on the likes of him
So we don’t bother trying despite the fact we are apparently talking to him?
Of course we try, and we must stand a chance of getting him as he is a fan. But only if the championship interest in him comes to nothing.  But we must be realistic and accept the odds are against getting him because of what we can offer as wages.   It's far more likely that Matt Butcher will be the Pompey fan we end up signing.  
(05-06-2022, 05:25 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Of course we try, and we must stand a chance of getting him as he is a fan. But only if the championship interest in him comes to nothing.  But we must be realistic and accept the odds are against getting him because of what we can offer as wages.   It's far more likely that Matt Butcher will be the Pompey fan we end up signing.  

Right so you agree with me then that saying we shouldn’t go for him because he was on championship wages  is wrong. We got there in the end.
(05-06-2022, 05:46 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 05:25 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Of course we try, and we must stand a chance of getting him as he is a fan. But only if the championship interest in him comes to nothing.  But we must be realistic and accept the odds are against getting him because of what we can offer as wages.   It's far more likely that Matt Butcher will be the Pompey fan we end up signing.  

Right so you agree with me then that saying we shouldn’t go for him because he was on championship wages  is wrong. We got there in the end.

I haven't seen a single person on this thread saying we shouldn't go for him because he is on championship wages, certainly not me, so not sure where you think you have got to in the end. 

At least you seem to have moved on from claiming he is currently on no wages at all.
Certainly need another quality midfielder now that Morrell is going to Qatar.
(05-06-2022, 07:13 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly need another quality midfielder now that Morrell is going to Qatar.

If he goes.  Clearly not first choice and not sure by the time the WC comes around he'll even be in the squad.  They must have better.
I think Marlon Pack would be an excellent signing for us. A good player and 100% Pompey (born and raised).

I'm sure he'd give it that 'extra bit'.
(05-06-2022, 07:30 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 07:13 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly need another quality midfielder now that Morrell is going to Qatar.

If he goes.  Clearly not first choice and not sure by the time the WC comes around he'll even be in the squad.  They must have better.

He's been first choice for the last couple of years.  He is 100% certain to go to Qatar.
Pack is back, great signing.

I’m sure some moan….
(22-06-2022, 04:35 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Pack is back, great signing.

I’m sure some moan….

First thing we have agreed on..

Good signing.

I’m sure some moan….

Has he signed?
(22-06-2022, 04:36 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m sure some moan….

Good signing.

I thought we were only getting crap players?

Your source not give you the nod on this one?!
(22-06-2022, 04:38 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m sure some moan….

Good signing.

No they didn't.
(22-06-2022, 04:39 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-06-2022, 04:38 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m sure some moan….

Good signing.

No they didn't.

Shame lol.

So we aren’t just signing crap then like you’ve said repeatedly?
He has signed according to PFC a 2 year deal …
a very pleasing signings in lots of ways. Probably means that he wanted to be here and was prepared to limit his pay demands to do it. Very encouraging
Useful signing above our usual level and pay restrictions. All praise to the player and his family for fluttering their eyes at him this week.

Decent midfield core now if we can keep them all fit.
(22-06-2022, 05:55 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Useful signing above our usual level and pay restrictions. All praise to the player and his family for fluttering their eyes at him this week.

Decent midfield core now if we can keep them all fit.

should have enough to allow for suspensions and the normal level of injury. Central defence ok.
Full back(s) and of course strikers next
Pages: 1 2 3