TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Keep quiet u till the 10th June for new layers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well the wildly touted Will Boyle isn't one of the signings having gone to Huddersfield today
Not a prayer
(06-06-2022, 07:11 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2022, 12:35 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]What will be will be. It’ll all come down to wages. I’d like to see O’Brien sign, pick up a decent L2 or non league striker and take a championship/ premiership loanee .

How about Harry Mckirdy from Swindon?

Have you ever seen him play????????
How many signings do we think will be announced tomorrow? I'm going to guess 0 or 1. Hope to be proved wrong.
I'm going for -1 (someone rejects an offer)
Who cares? It’s the first day of the transfer window opening.
(09-06-2022, 09:59 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going for -1 (someone rejects an offer)

From Cullen's quotes it sounds like we have at least one ready to go. 

If it's anyone we have heard about then probably Pack.
Josh Griffiths WBA keeper apparently on loan

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/west-b...ide-swoop/
(07-06-2022, 03:43 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2022, 07:11 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2022, 12:35 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]What will be will be. It’ll all come down to wages. I’d like to see O’Brien sign, pick up a decent L2 or non league striker and take a championship/ premiership loanee .

How about Harry Mckirdy from Swindon?

Have you ever seen him play????????

Yes, in the F.A. Cup Liverpool game & scored.
As we all know how absolutely critical tomorrow is to our season, who are your top 5 Pompey signings made on the opening day of the summer transfer window?
No signings announced?! Useless, Eisners out
It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
It’s disgraceful, I think we’ll go down now.
Pack is released so I think it’s a straight choice between us and Brizzle City.
I also can’t see is getting both Hylton and O’Brien
And other major transfer news elsewhere……

Shaun Williams signs for Gills.

Does that mean they’re going up because they’ve signed somebody?
(10-06-2022, 01:59 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]And other major transfer news elsewhere……

Shaun Williams signs for Gills.

Does that mean they’re going up because they’ve signed somebody?

Yes, nailed on if you sign someone on the day the window opens.
(10-06-2022, 01:30 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Pack is released so I think it’s a straight choice between us and Brizzle City.

Think we're in for a tough transfer period.

Danny Hylton is now 33 so very unlikely.

O'Brien would be very good if we can meet his wage demands.

Pack would be Great but BC can offer a Higher Grade of football & higher wages.

Just read that we lost out on Kyle Wooton to Stockport County as they were reportedly willing to pay £5K/Wk wages.
(10-06-2022, 02:33 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2022, 01:30 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Pack is released so I think it’s a straight choice between us and Brizzle City.

Just read that we lost out on Kyle Wooton to Stockport County as they were reportedly willing to pay £5K/Wk wages.

You're assuming Pompey tried to sign him though.  I honestly think the club could do much better and aren't worried he's gone to a L2 club, especially as his only two decent seasons have been in the National League.
Well, here we are, and so far no announcements.
Oh no we’re doomed
(10-06-2022, 02:39 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]

You're assuming Pompey tried to sign him though.  I honestly think the club could do much better and aren't worried he's gone to a L2 club, especially as his only two decent seasons have been in the National League.
Agreed Good point but worrying that teams like Stockport can pay those sorts of wages!
(10-06-2022, 02:52 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2022, 02:39 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed Good point but worrying that teams like Stockport can pay those sorts of wages!

There are less than 10 people I would imagine who knows what he is being paid and the bloke who wrote the article isn’t one of them.
but the agent who gave him the story almost certainly is.
(10-06-2022, 03:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]but the agent who gave him the story almost certainly is.

Why on earth would an agent tell a paper what the player was earning?
(10-06-2022, 03:29 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2022, 03:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]but the agent who gave him the story almost certainly is.

Why on earth would an agent tell a paper what the player was earning?

In the hope that someone else will come in and offer £6k.

It's what agents do. It's all part of marketing their player and in some cases their agency. How many non-league players will think '£5k ? He must have a good agent'. Doesn't matter in if the true figure is £4k, the story is more important than the reality. 

Whenever you get any story about wages you can be 90% certain that it came from the agent or the player. It's not often that the club will reveal that detail until they have to in the published accounts. Journos don't just make numbers like that up, someone will have told them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4