TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Our squad is frighteningly bad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(19-06-2022, 02:52 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2022, 01:34 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2022, 01:32 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]This policy shows how far behind the rest of the league we are. Pompey within its means is less than the league within its means. Either we get lucky AF or we are doing another 5-10 years in L1 whilst the ground and the academy (hahahahahaha) catches up.

Agreed. We are stuck in this league for many years to come and the majority of our fans seem content with that.

Fans like you and I know we are as a club are far better than league one.

Seriously mush, you are either a very good troll or you write like a sulking 12 year old who thinks their team has a divine right to be at the top of the pile.  Facts are facts, we're a bang average L1 team and at best are likely to stay that way for a good while yet, although there's no guarantee we'll even achieve that much next season.  It is what it is and right now I'd hazard a guess that most people have got more to be worried about than whether Pompey are going to become the mahoosive team you think they should be*.

*Spolier alert:  They won't.

Pompey should be in at least the championship.

Year after year in this league is unacceptable.
(19-06-2022, 02:59 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2022, 02:52 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2022, 01:34 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2022, 01:32 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]This policy shows how far behind the rest of the league we are. Pompey within its means is less than the league within its means. Either we get lucky AF or we are doing another 5-10 years in L1 whilst the ground and the academy (hahahahahaha) catches up.

Agreed. We are stuck in this league for many years to come and the majority of our fans seem content with that.

Fans like you and I know we are as a club are far better than league one.

Seriously mush, you are either a very good troll or you write like a sulking 12 year old who thinks their team has a divine right to be at the top of the pile.  Facts are facts, we're a bang average L1 team and at best are likely to stay that way for a good while yet, although there's no guarantee we'll even achieve that much next season.  It is what it is and right now I'd hazard a guess that most people have got more to be worried about than whether Pompey are going to become the mahoosive team you think they should be*.

*Spolier alert:  They won't.

Pompey should be in at least the championship.

Year after year in this league is unacceptable.

Can you remember why we were relegated?
Doom and gloom and despair and wailing and moaning, misery and general gnashing of teeth….
Cheerful on here innit…..?
(18-06-2022, 12:31 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I won't have a single pleasantry aimed in my direction. I'm a vile coont and I won't have it any other way

Not another one.
Gotta laugh at the news headline that basically stated: ‘why no striking options might not be such a bad thing’. That’s after reading that we stopped the chase for Kyle Wootton when Stockport entered the race and we didn’t want to compete with their spending power.
(19-06-2022, 06:18 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta laugh at the news headline that basically stated: ‘why no striking options might not be such a bad thing’. That’s after reading that we stopped the chase for Kyle Wootton when Stockport entered the race and we didn’t want to compete with their spending power.

Quite right too ... giving a non-league player 5k a week is pure madness.  For that money we can get someone much more proven at this level.
or did not want to get into a bidding war. If he wanted to come here he would have done, if he wanted to stay close to home ho would sign for a smaller Northern side.
He’s scored 11 goals in L1 ffs we should have at least offered him £10k a week.
I'd have preferred us to offer market rates to O'Brien.
Double post sorry, I posted this on another thread instead of here, doh!

1st Team Squad

Gk's - Bass

Defenders - Hume, Robertson, Mnoga, Freeman, Ogilvie, Raggett, Vincent

Midfielders - Tunnicliffe, Harness, Curtis, Morrell (inj), Thompson,Jacobs ,Mingi.

Forwards - O'Brien, Recco, Reid

That's a squad of 18 for tomorrow if O'Brien turns up.
We need strengthening in every position except wingers.
After having signied proven strikers, at this level, like Marquis, Harrison and Walker (on loan) I see good reason to hesitate to pay such high wages for Wootton.
Yes but we could at least own one.
O’Brien- will probably leave
Recco- is never a striker
Reid- is he a striker, I thought he was a wide player.

I do think it’s embarrassing and ridiculous that a club of our standing and history doesn’t even own one out and out senior striker.
"Judge me on three Transfer Windows!"
So, another 10 weeks to go before anyone can judge.
If we are still waiting for players in September, I think it will be fair to say that this season is another write off. We already need a miracle.
(20-06-2022, 11:48 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but we could at least own one.

I do think it’s embarrassing and ridiculous that a club of our standing and history doesn’t even own one out and out senior striker.

What’s the history of a football club got to do with not having a striker for a couple of weeks during the summer transfer window?
(20-06-2022, 12:18 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]So, another 10 weeks to go before anyone can judge.

And I’ll be the first to judge DC when it’s time, but that time isn’t now imho.
(20-06-2022, 01:10 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2022, 11:48 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but we could at least own one.

What’s the history of a football club got to do with not having a striker for a couple of weeks during the summer transfer window?
Nothing really I suppose, but it’s over half a season since we owned a striker of our own ( if you want to count O’Brien who was a 6 mths contract then fair enough although if your happy that’s good enough then I’d suggest we have different standards.
(20-06-2022, 02:04 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2022, 01:10 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Nothing really I suppose, but it’s over half a season since we owned a striker of our own ( if you want to count O’Brien who was a 6 mths contract then fair enough although if your happy that’s good enough then I’d suggest we have different standards.

No I’m not at all happy about it and it should have been addressed in the last 2 windows but wasn’t. We will get strikers in and they or may not be rubbish. Unfortunately we have a manager who works this way, I’m not happy about that either but we’re are stuck with him until he comes unstuck. The window has been open a couple of weeks and there’s the whole summer to go. There’s actually only been about 40 players signed by L1 clubs so far, players are still on holiday and transfers up the leagues need to ramp up before clubs start letting players go. We’re one of 10 clubs yet to make a signing.
It's a disgrace that we don't have our own striker and embarrassing that we have not made any signings yet.

I said it before and I'll say it again this season has a big relegation battle all over it. We also have a P.E teacher in charge which just about sums things up.

Shambles.
(20-06-2022, 03:06 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]It's a disgrace that we don't have our own striker and embarrassing that we have not made any signings yet.

I said it before and I'll say it again this season has a big relegation battle all over it. We also have a P.E teacher in charge which just about sums things up.

Shambles.

You taking my bet then?
And I'll double that bet. 

But scummers on a wind-up probably don't take bets.
It really isn’t a disgrace and it definitely isn’t at all embarrassing.

Using those terms should be embarrassing but it clearly isn’t, for some

Will it be ‘awesome’ if we sign someone soon or will it merely be ‘not embarrassing’?
What was the bet? Top half? You really have confidence in the team then g100, faf.

The whole point is that top 10 isn't good enough, let alone top 12.
(20-06-2022, 03:32 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]What was the bet? Top half? You really have confidence in the team then g100, faf.

The whole point is that top 10 isn't good enough, let alone top 12.

Well he is so confident we won’t make top half he can back it up can’t he? Faf

I’m fully aware it isn’t good enough.
Pages: 1 2 3 4