TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Incoming…new goalkeeper set to arrive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(05-07-2022, 02:55 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]The Brighton lad has gone to Sheff Wed I believe , so hopefully that leaves the door open for us for the WBA nipper

Looks like Rushforth has gone to Lincoln.
Confirmed Lincoln on a season long loan
That's good, I was worried we might go for him because Griffiths is proving hard to get over the line, but Griffiths is much the better keeper.   

And if we get neither I'll be happy to sign a backup for Bass rather than a competitor for his his place, and spend the money elsewhere.
(08-07-2022, 03:18 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]That's good, I was worried we might go for him because Griffiths is proving hard to get over the line, but Griffiths is much the better keeper.   

And if we get neither I'll be happy to sign a backup for Bass rather than a competitor for his his place, and spend the money elsewhere.

Have it on good authority(lincoln season ticket holder mate) that Griffiths is a walking disaster,don`t command his box,stuck to his goal line with superglue and has a habit of parrying shots back out to the oncoming forward................if he signs for us then we are seriously in the brown stuff.
I`m hoping after that after this heads up on Griffiths that we get any other keeper but not this WBA lad,he is toilet.......LINCOLN COULDN`T GET RID OF HIM QUICK ENOUGH ,HE LOST THEM PILES OF POINTS.
(08-07-2022, 04:22 PM)fredscuttle`s hampton Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2022, 03:18 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]That's good, I was worried we might go for him because Griffiths is proving hard to get over the line, but Griffiths is much the better keeper.   

Have it on good authority(lincoln season ticket holder mate) that Griffiths is a walking disaster,don`t command his box,stuck to his goal line with superglue and has a habit of parrying shots back out to the oncoming forward................if he signs for us then we are seriously in the brown stuff.
I`m hoping after that after this heads up on Griffiths that we get any other keeper but not this WBA lad,he is toilet.......LINCOLN COULDN`T GET RID OF HIM QUICK ENOUGH ,HE LOST THEM PILES OF POINTS.

My Lincoln season ticket friend said he was brilliant and it's obvious why so many good judges in the game were predicting a great future for him. Which is why they tried to get him back before settling for Rushford.
(08-07-2022, 04:22 PM)fredscuttle`s hampton Wrote: [ -> ]

Sounds more like Jordan Wright who was pretty poor at Fratton Park last season and played just like this.  Did your season ticket holder mate play 200 games for Lincoln in the lower leagues?
I’m all for playing the best goalie we have at the time.

Buy another keeper and find out who is best. I really don’t care if that is Bass or not
My Lincoln supporting mate says £5M
I would be very sad to see Bass go without being given a chance as he could easily be some club's goalkeeper for several years.
Baz was very good but was he that much better at distribution over the whole season?
Yes, he was. 

I would say Bazunu was better at every aspect of goalkeeping than Bass, and in five years time when he is Man City's first choice people will be laughing at the suggestion that Bass should have played ahead of him. 

Bass has potential and I'd love him to make it here, but he doesn't fit the Cowley system and the chances are he will be given the chance to develop fully elsewhere. Today's rumour is that Crawley are after him. It will all hang on who we get in to compete with him. If he thinks he will be second choice he will be off.
The Cowleys struck lucky with Bazunu - we aren't going to get another loan keeper as good as him, especially not from Championship clubs where we seem to be looking.

Bass is as good at shop stopping a Bazunu, where he is weaker is in distribution (although Bazunu made some rickets throughout the season) & commanding his box.

The problem with loaning another keeper I have is that we will be developing another goalkeeper for another club for their benefit from again.

If the Cowleys don't rate Bass sell him, he is entering the last year of his present contract, use the funds to help BUY a decent keeper who is a No 2 at a Championship club, or a No 3 in the Premiership.
Apparently Crawley have made a bid for Bass and I reckon once we get ( if we get) the baggies keeper he’ll be off and we’ll pick up a nipper from somewhere for a small fee for a bench warmer / development team
Sort of sums up the mess that our youth/young player development is in.
Can't see it making it easier to sign up young players as there is little evidence that they will be played ahead of other teams' players.
Looks like Griffiths is finally happening. Bass must be delighted.
(13-07-2022, 11:54 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Griffiths is finally happening. Bass must be delighted.

Bass will be sold or sent out on loan , he’s always got an error in him and his kicking is awful
(13-07-2022, 12:14 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-07-2022, 11:54 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Griffiths is finally happening. Bass must be delighted.

Bass will be sold or sent out on loan , he’s always got an error in him and his kicking is awful

All keepers have errors in them!! Even the very best.
Another striker not proved good enough for us after trialling in Spain. 16 days to find a strike force, blend them in with the squad and be ready for Sheff Wed away. I'm beginning to lose all hope!! Anyone find me a reason for staying optimistic?
You're not a Scum supporter
It's a bloody hard slog and the season hasn't even started yet. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy one.

Win or lose, on the booze
I'm reading that mindfulness lessons in school are proving a waste of time. 'Boring' according to students. Not much of a surprise there. Maybe Isaac H can become the 'wellbeing' coach to schools with his simple reasoning for staying optimistic! Might need a change of message in Scum though!!
Griffiths (?) on his way medical happening at the moment. I reckon Bass off to Crawley then. I know we’re panicking reference strikers at the moment but I reckon we’ll have two by the time the season starts then we’ll pick up Hirst before the transfer window ends. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we get another CB and left winger .
Yes, agree we are light at CB. We,ll need another 1 or 2 keepers if Bass is off. Midfield looks OK, it's either end that we are lacking.

Harness is likely to be off. That may provide the money we need for Hirst. Who knows.
Personally I’d like Hirst on loan and do a swap with Blackburn - Harness for Walker.
I can always hope.
I misread.. I thought you meant we get Hirst on loan and then swop him for Blackburn... sounds a deal!
Looks like it’s going to be one in one out.
Callum Johnson , (I think we still hold his registration) has gone to Ross County
Pages: 1 2 3 4