TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wow, incoming player!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wait till you see this name!

Can’t say anymore yet.
BlueArmy, who is it?
Akinfenwa would be a laugh.
Speaking on BBC Radio Solent this morning, Cullen said “There’s a lot going on and I’d be very confident that in the next week we’ll see some new additions coming into the building”
He'll be joining us just as soon as his prosthetic leg is fitted.
Is it Scott Twine for £15 million?
Promises are nothing until they are fulfilled & I'll only believe it when we see the players in Pompey kit!
(29-06-2022, 11:59 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Wait till you see this name!

Is it?

Big name signing?
Oh Cunning you have me licking lips in anticipation.
(29-06-2022, 11:59 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Wait till you see this name!

Can’t say anymore yet.

How excited  you for “insert name here”?
Matt Richie
(29-06-2022, 03:33 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]Matt Richie

It's Nadir Çiftçi coming back to his spiritual home.

Problem with Richie he’s under contract. If he was a free agent with what he’s said in the past with he’s made his money and unfinished business I believe he would sign. Howe was down this way last few days picture of him at scum airport.
(29-06-2022, 03:46 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

Problem with Richie he’s under contract. If he was a free agent with what he’s said in the past with he’s made his money and unfinished business I believe he would sign. Howe was down this way last few days picture of him at scum airport.

I don’t think Newcastle would be that fussed about getting a fee for him, they’d rather get him off the wage bill if they don’t want him.

However as much as I would love him to come here, I don’t think it would happen unless we were in the champ.
I'd love to see him back but with a reported weekly wage of £45k and 1 more year of his contract to run somehow I can't see the Eisners sanctioning it.  Smile
(29-06-2022, 04:25 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see him back but with a reported weekly wage of £45k and 1 more year of his contract to run somehow I can't see the Eisners sanctioning it.  Smile

I’m sure he knows he’d have to take a pay cut to come here. 

I suspect when he made the comments about coming here he expected us to be in the champ by now
He may also just want to move home and play football with his mate marlon!!
(29-06-2022, 05:08 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]He may also just want to move home and play football with his mate marlon!!

Yeah he might
Shame he's going back to Bournemouth then
We need a manager like McMenemy who could get anyone down to the South Coast. World Cup winners, England captains etc etc etc. Amazing manager really.
(29-06-2022, 07:13 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]We need a manager like McMenemy who could get anyone down to the South Coast. World Cup winners, England captains etc etc etc. Amazing manager really.

We had one of them ... by the name of Redknapp.
I think Cunni is being somewhat facetious. We will all probably end up being underwhelmed by signing a non-league player that non of us have ever heard of.
Did you mean to post this on the Shrewsbury board Cunni?
Where are these new signings then? We were told by Cullen on Thursday via BBC Radio Solent that we could expect new signings over the next couple of days. 48 hours later and nothing. Our Chief Exec and Cowley are beginning to look like a right pair of plums from what they have said in recent interviews. Seriously stating to question their credibility in what they say now.
(01-07-2022, 02:17 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Where are these new signings then? We were told by Cullen on Thursday via BBC Radio Solent that we could expect new signings over the next couple of days. 48 hours later and nothing. Our Chief Exec and Cowley are beginning to look like a right pair of plums from what they have said in recent interviews. Seriously stating to question their credibility in what they say now.

How many days in 48 hours ? 

And he said in the next couple of days or within a week.  He can't know when deals will get completed, only which ones are possible to be completed.
Pages: 1 2