TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Portsmouth Ahead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
!-0 to pompey, scored by Curtis.
walking in memphis????
I think someone at Solent just pressed the wrong button!
Plymouth have done us a favour.
(09-02-2021, 07:37 PM)hilsea12 Wrote: [ -> ]Plymouth have done us a favour.

Good start then all a bit scruffy. Williams buzzing but can anyone give Marquis a chance that he is capable of scoring?  at the moment he is just used as a runner to close defenders down.

Deebo

Put on my blue suede shoes
And I boarded the train
Touched down in the land of the Pompey Blues
In the middle of the pouring rain
Jimmy Dickinson, won't you look down over me?
Yeah, I got a season ticket
But I'm as blue as a boy can be

Then I'm walking in Fratton
Was walking with my feet ten feet off of Portsea
Walking in Fratton
But do I really feel the way I feel?
2-0 to pompey, a Harrison penalty.
3 X Subs Harrison, Brown, Byers on. Marquis, Harness, Daniels off Now.
(09-02-2021, 08:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]3 X Subs Harrison, Brown, Byers on. Marquis, Harness, Daniels off Now.

Byers looks classy
(09-02-2021, 08:34 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2021, 08:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]3 X Subs Harrison, Brown, Byers on. Marquis, Harness, Daniels off Now.

Byers looks classy

Defensively sound against feeble opposition. Poor decision making on the break or would have been easy win. Marquis poor but Harrison terrible. Gave the ball away almost every time he had it. Byers looked useful.
2-0 and a long way from convincing 
Onwards and upwards hopefully
Still 5th though but better GD.
Good result, reasonable performance. Curtis almost back to his best, back five excellent, Naylor and Cannon rock solid most of the time, Marquis and Harrison a waste of space still, Harness & Williams ran well but final ball not do good. Byers looks useful. Last 20 mins was crying out for the pace of Hiwula. Pitman never got a look in Wink
Well that was unconvincing to say the least, against as poor a side as you will ever see in this league. I am a Williams fan but he was poor tonight and his touch was just not there, although he was brought down for the penalty. Harness was almost as bad and did little of note. Cannon had a decent game and the defence looked sound particularly the full backs. Bolton and Raggett looked a good combination and understanding. It would be a shame really for Whatmough to come in and replace Bolton.
My man of the match was Curtis who really looked a class above most of the dross out there and scored a fine goal.
I suppose the main thing is we won at home and put that problem to bed.
Well done Fleetwood, they beat Doncastor 3-1
Blunt up front, relying on midfield to bail us out again
Glass half full mate. 3 points, Hull & Lincoln both drop points, Doncaster and Accy both lose. Yes front two were disappointing yet again, but we're still the leagues leading scorers so who cares where they come from.
good effort Deebo, shame no one else enjoyed the trip into music for the night.
Team did well to grind this one out in not-great conditions. It doesnt quite have me on the edge of my seat but a wins a win and I'll take that all day long.

Sounds like Daniel's is class and the chap from swansea had a good debut?

4points off top. Bang in the mix.

Deebo

(09-02-2021, 10:32 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]good effort Deebo, shame no one else enjoyed the trip into music for the night.

I enjoyed the musical interlude much more than the match Hammie. Big Grin
I am a huge fan of Cannon but I have to say that he
looked half a yard off the pace today. Won the ball numerous times but quickly lost it again. Players with his energy are going to need rotating through this busy period.
Getting more and more frustrated with Marquis. So many moves broke down when he had the ball.
Up until the first goal, I thought we were going to trounce them and make up on our goal difference. We made hard work of the win, in the end.
I'm surprised Byers hasn't played before now. The Swansea fans really rate him and many thought him to good to drop down to L1. I do like Cannon but he's just one of 4 or 5 inconsistent players we have at the moment.
Unfair on Cannon. I think he’s been one of the most consistent. He’s all over the pitch, breaking up their attacks and starting off ours and has even chipped in with a goal or two. Not sure what else he’s got to do to convince people. It seems a bit like people who attacked Naylor last year when he’s fantastic for this level, just needed to improve his passing which he’s done.
I'm not attacking Cannon, I like him, but I expected a better goal return from especially as he is more of an attacking central midfielder,although he's probably only doing what Jackass wants him to do. Having read a lot about Byers and admittedly I've only seen him on YouTube, I do believe he's the best CM we have at the club.
True. Jacobs looked pretty decent too although he seems injury prone.
Wasnt Byers coming back from a long term injury? Best to get him up and running in a few training sessions first. Shed some rust.

If cannon has a little dip in form/energy, Byers can hopefully step in.
Pages: 1 2