TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Jimmy Dickinson statue crowdfunder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(20-07-2022, 10:19 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]£43,979 now in the pot

£150,000 the target folks

Who's holding the money for this please?

Great idea & long overdue.

Jimmy was a real gentleman & great player for us & England.

I'd contact ME explain the project & ask him if the club will put in £75K.
Butchy, maybe you’re just a sad troll
(16-08-2022, 11:59 AM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2022, 11:56 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2022, 10:41 AM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 01:58 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]They paid £112,000 for that statue in 2007 ..... that's probably the equivalent of more than 150k now.

What are you gonna do next tell me that’s not a real website,Jesus wept.

Not sure I understand that comment.

All I was doing was pointing out that paying a lot of money is no guarantee of a satisfactory end product. I wasn't criticising anything.

Maybe you’re just not as clever as you think.

Or maybe you are more of a snowflake than we all thought if you take offence so easily.  

Still can't see why anyone can be upset by what I posted.
Dishes it out, can’t take it. Typical bully
Has it been discussed/decided yet, where 'Big Jims ' statue would be located ?

Potentially, there may be issues siting it in an area where future grounds improvements are being considered.
(16-08-2022, 01:45 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Has it been discussed/decided yet, where 'Big Jims ' statue would be located ?

Potentially, there may be issues siting it in an area where future grounds improvements are being considered.

Yes, & will need permission from the club no doubt the council.

It could become a focal point for tyhe club though.
Surely it would be outside our famous mock Tudor Frogmore Rd entrance. On a large plinth so it can be seen from the main road.
(16-08-2022, 01:31 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2022, 11:59 AM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2022, 11:56 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2022, 10:41 AM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 01:58 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]They paid £112,000 for that statue in 2007 ..... that's probably the equivalent of more than 150k now.

What are you gonna do next tell me that’s not a real website,Jesus wept.

Not sure I understand that comment.

All I was doing was pointing out that paying a lot of money is no guarantee of a satisfactory end product. I wasn't criticising anything.

Maybe you’re just not as clever as you think.

Or maybe you are more of a snowflake than we all thought if you take offence so easily.  

Still can't see why anyone can be upset by what I posted.

Upset  Big Grin
Share share & share again - many hands make VERY light work

97100 required - was £150000

If 19580 fans donated a fiver it’s job done (save 50p a week for 10 weeks )

50,000 wanted to go to Wembley not so long back - would’ve cost a hell of alot more than a fiver

Like the fantastic Pompey Pals Memorial the statue would help teach the younger fans about the rich history of PFC - indeed it would remind us all of the clubs traditions too

That kit style those big heavy boots - it’s our roots & history - it’s our job to educate our kids/grandkids

Pompey biggest most successful club south of London
As highlighted on the new Pompey Pals info boards that were unveiled on Saturday just gone - Jimmy Dickinson served in the Royal Navy as well as serving Portsmouth Football Club so loyally
This one is still going (I think) & Eric Eisner, or someone claiming to be him I suppose Rolleyes ,  has recently tipped in;

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/jimmydic...kers#start
Pages: 1 2 3