TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: New kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Try buying a Nike premier league shirt £74!!!
I don't hate or love it and it'll have to do, but this season's Ranger's shirt is much closer to our mark - and they envied some of our Sondico kits -  granted, Sondico weren't much on quality, but they looked great.
It was confirmed by Mark C a while back that, although we get a Nike shirt, we can only choose from their catalogue stock. We, I assume, do not do enough numbers for them to design a PFC only kit. Sunderland ain't happy as their away kit is now the same one as our home kit, and think of their volumes. Go and look at Fareham Town website. They have the exact same shirt but In red.

Nike only really interested from a design point of view with the Prem.

Go buy it from their catalogues and just sew on the badges.
funny to have another teams away kit that matches our home kit. Perhaps it is time to go back to wearing your teams colours every game unless there is a clash. Worked fine til the money grabbers got involved.
I agree with comments on here..  re new shirt …my husband and I always bought our 2 young Pompey mad sons home and away shirts for Christmas and birthday … that is all they wanted…. Sometimes also buying one for us also… Mind you have to be slim ,,,,,,!,,,

Unfortunately we havent purchased any in the last 3 years as we just do don’t like them. Apart from being the wrong colour they are just not “Pompey “as my sons say…if that makes sense. We wear our old Royal blue ones now saving us some £250.00 per year.

As for the identical Nike shirt (exactly the same less the logo on sale on  website for £18.00 odd…and socks even cheaper don’t you just feel ripped off.

If you look at the new Rangers kit on line …(Manufacture looks like  Castore…( forget Gordon Ramsey in the Photo don’t we agree that shirt is just perfect both style and colour.

Pompey losing almost £250.00 -£300.00 plus a season just from just us….one family. We save every year for them and look forward to the new ones coming out. Disappointment this year again. Sorry…

Only saying Marketing department……..if it isn’t broken don’t fix it….
Castore do make good kits, be nice if they did ours next season and get back to Royal Blue. Not only that but they’re a British company
(22-07-2022, 01:58 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]We are Royal Blue

Agreed.

Funny how Nike can provide a Royal Blue shirt for Chelsea but not us.
We're never going to have anything as good as those Canterbury shirts. Doubt they'll go near us again.
It’s absolute dog Shiite, it looks what it is. A cheap training top and we play in Royal Blue not cornflower blue.
I preferred our ‘Le coq sportif ‘ era myself great kits, probably up there with our best better than Canterbury IMO
People mentioning Castore kits. Thinking about that, I had a look to see what MK use, seeing as how our exec must still have contacts up there of course.
Their design is decent, not slim line and looks like a football shirt not a fashion accessory. Incidentally they offer two qualities, a first team type shirt and a replica model, presumably to be cheaper.
And on facebook I've seen the post of the Umbro shirt on Kammie. The blue looks great, the design is good an Umbro still make shirts to a decent quality.
I can't see us staying with Nike dependent on how long the contract ties us in for.
(22-07-2022, 10:42 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]We're never going to have anything as good as those Canterbury shirts. Doubt they'll go near us again.

Too much yellow on the Canterbury shirts for liking.  Any yellow is too much. The club colours are blue, white and red - anything else is unacceptable.
The new kit is tragic. Not the right colour, and as for the design. I'm struggling to see a positive take on it from anyone. Given that it's the fans who will be buying it and making money for the club I don't see why the fans aren't consulted, as they were before. Schoolboy error from a supposedly experienced CEO. It's the first time my son has said to me I don't want you to buy that.
Do we care that much? I wouldn’t buy one no matter how it looked.

There’s a contract with Nike which was good for the club, once it’s not and people have more time im sure it will be looked at again.

My only concern with it is the cost, especially the kids.
I don't buy them but they're our uniform, which is important in a city like Portsmouth. We are a hard grafting city with a do it right or don't do it at all attitude. That means navy blue shirts, white shorts and pillar box red socks.
Navy Blue ??
[Image: main-qimg-16db01043defdcc32b9c344230ea10fa-lq]
Ah feck Big Grin
The Le Coq Sportif blue ideally. Still the best shirt in my time supporting Pompey in my opinion.
Who did that chit , farrow and ball. If that’s what they had to choose from I’d say Persian Blue :-)

How do you post emoji’s ?
The colour blue on this site is bang on, I just looked up the hex code and that is given as #000080 "Royal Blue". Looks like our KJC kit which I thought was the amongst the most accurate for colouring in the last 30 years
I don’t buy replica shirts personally but I’ve always bought one for my son, but not this time. They’ve dropped a bollock here and it will cost the club crucial merchandising income.
(23-07-2022, 09:08 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-07-2022, 10:42 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]We're never going to have anything as good as those Canterbury shirts. Doubt they'll go near us again.

Too much yellow on the Canterbury shirts for liking.  Any yellow is too much. The club colours are blue, white and red - anything else is unacceptable.

Agree, however I did secretly like the blue and yellow, shhh!
(23-07-2022, 12:33 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t buy replica shirts personally but I’ve always bought one for my son, but not this time. They’ve dropped a bollock here and it will cost the club crucial merchandising income.

And in hard times, if people can buy the same top unbranded, then sadly Nike will make money and the club won't. Which at the end of the day is all that Nike cares about. 
I much hope that our owners will get involved in this and talk to Cullen about getting out of this Nike partnership and build something more suited to our needs and wants as a club and fan base. 
If the likes of Forest Green can afford a unique shirt then so can Pompey.

Deebo

(23-07-2022, 09:08 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

And pink. Don’t forget the salmon pink.
Pages: 1 2 3