TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Sell Curtis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Buy Hirst
IF Curtis bucks his ideas up, I’m not sure I’d want to get rid.

I’d sooner have George on loan, to make sure that late goal spree wasn’t an accident.
He would want him ?
Sell Curtis and buy someone who can cross the ball consistently and has a good attitude.
He played quite well today,put a shift in and pcked up a few bumps n bruises
(23-07-2022, 03:53 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Sell Curtis and buy someone who can cross the ball consistently and has a good attitude.

Did you watch the game? He was everywhere and vlose to MOTM
(23-07-2022, 03:56 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-07-2022, 03:53 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Sell Curtis and buy someone who can cross the ball consistently and has a good attitude.

Did you watch the game? He was everywhere and vlose to MOTM

Didn't watch the game today. Glad he played well though. I do think he has run his course with us though
Curtis was very good in the second half back playing on the left. Him and Conner linked up well. Desperate for a right winger though
Curtis has a great attitude- he plays with passion and it sometimes gets the better of him.
Score anybody?
0.2. Griffiths saved a Walker pen.
(23-07-2022, 04:20 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]Score anybody?

No, no-one did.

Lost 2-0 but perversely looked much better in the second half after a dull 0-0 first half.   

Pigott & Bishop both pulled great saves out of their keeper, but really should have both scored. 

Griffiths saved a penalty (taken by Walker !) but should have got closer to the the first (no chance with the second). 

Rafferty & Pack looked good (and identical !) 

And Hackett is no right winger.

And the kit is just so wrong.
(23-07-2022, 04:19 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]Curtis has a great attitude- he plays with passion and it sometimes gets the better of him.

Really? I think his attitude stinks to be honest, made it clear a couple of seasons ago that he didn’t want to be here. RC11   Rolleyes Is too big for Pompey.
He looked decent a couple of times ( when staying) on the left WING (sic) .

But, I would suggest primarily due to the excellent forward play by OGILVIE .
(23-07-2022, 05:27 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]He looked decent a couple of times ( when staying) on the left WING (sic) .

a good full back and winger pairing is always a very very good thing in successful teams. 
I'm one who think's that Curtis attitude is more positive than negative, at least he's never been frightened by playing at Fratton Park, we've had a few lower league who ahve been petrified.
(23-07-2022, 06:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-07-2022, 05:27 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]He looked decent a couple of times ( when staying) on the left WING (sic) .

a good full back and winger pairing is always a very very good thing in successful teams. 
I'm one who think's that Curtis attitude is more positive than negative, at least he's never been frightened by playing at Fratton Park, we've had a few lower league who ahve been petrified.

I'd agree ... never been anything wrong with Curtis' attitude on the pitch. If anything he is too committed to the cause and prone to sily bookings, but he always gives his all.  And that was quite an achievemment last season given his personal tragedy. 

My only issue with him is the quality of his crossing, but his goalscoring makes up for that.  

I'll be sad if he really goes, but have no problem with the decision to let him go as long as we get a decent fee (£1m+) and replace him well.
(23-07-2022, 06:15 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-07-2022, 06:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd agree ... never been anything wrong with Curtis' attitude on the pitch. If anything he is too committed to the cause and prone to sily bookings, but he always gives his all.  And that was quite an achievemment last season given his personal tragedy. 

My only issue with him is the quality of his crossing, but his goalscoring makes up for that.  

I'll be sad if he really goes, but have no problem with the decision to let him go as long as we get a decent fee (£1m+) and replace him well.

We couldn’t sell him over £1m, no chance.
His stats suggest he is our most valuable so should be more than Harness, and still young
Creative players are rarely consistent, so on bad days you use your subs. On good days he's a total match-winner and there's not too many of those about.
We're just starting to drag ourselves to a half decent (if undersized) squad and now some are clamouring for us to sell our last remaining attacking asset. Those looking to get rid and condemning the lad are the usual suspects who seem to know little or nothing about the game.
The only thing I would say is that he is inclined to wear his heart on his sleeve but is that really such a bad thing? He is passionate about Pompey and scores goals and creates chances. If we are looking to win games he has been and continues to be a genuine asset.
The question I would ask our 'experts' is just how easy would it be to replace him with anyone with even half his talent and how much would that cost?
The simple test is to offer him and extended contract...I'm talking about a decent offer. If he turns it down then from the club's perspective now might be the right time to let him go but his departure would be our loss.
I think you're insane and Curtis has turned a corner. This is his year. He has bulked up and I think he is going to start playing off the striker.
(23-07-2022, 10:47 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]We're just starting to drag ourselves to a half decent (if undersized) squad and now some are clamouring for us to sell our last remaining attacking asset. Those looking to get rid and condemning the lad are the usual suspects who seem to know little or nothing about the game.
The only thing I would say is that he is inclined to wear his heart on his sleeve but is that really such a bad thing? He is passionate about Pompey and scores goals and creates chances. If we are looking to win games he has been and continues to be a genuine asset.
The question I would ask our 'experts' is just how easy would it be to replace him with anyone with even half his talent and how much would that cost?
The simple test is to offer him and extended contract...I'm talking about a decent offer. If he turns it down then from the club's perspective now might be the right time to let him go but his departure would be our loss.

All this discussion of his merits and deficiencies is irrelevant.

If a club from a higher division comes in he’ll want to go and there would be no point trying to keep him.
You’re right, Gaff, but the question is……do you want him to go?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-0KJ7CH2oo

I just can't understand how anyone can doubt this guy with the goals he has scored from the wing. It takes all sorts I suppose. To put it into perspective, his strike rate is quite a lot better for Pompey than Jamal Lowe's and yet he got nothing but plaudits (until he decided to leave). I don't ever remember seeing Curtis shirk a challenge. As others have said he wears his heart on his sleeve and gives his all, scores with both feet and his head. He also gives lots of assists and is virtually never injured. WTF do you want? OK, his mum's a crackpot but you can't have everything.
(24-07-2022, 05:42 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]You’re right, Gaff, but the question is……do you want him to go?

Well as I said, it doesn’t matter what I think.

However, for the record, no I’d like him to stay.

He can be infuriating at times, often not passing to someone in a better position, but he is a proper footballer and you can’t have too many of them.
Pages: 1 2