TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cambridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A big test on Tuesday, a top six side. Will Pompey do any better against them this season? Will Cowley be hero or villain? Will Reeco be dropped?
Yes
Hero
Yes
a team we struggle to beat. A litmus test like Palace and The Blades?
Fratton End will take us over the line - PUP !
0-0 and cue a meltdown
Helpful that we already seem to be a team that can get in the box and get a penalty, not many of those in recent seasons
Adam May and Brandon Hauntstrup will be back. Looking forward to it
3-1 
Forget the first home game. Think we will score plenty at home this season.
(14-08-2022, 02:52 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Adam May and Brandon Hauntstrup will be back.  Looking forward to it

But both unlikely to get a goal, whereas Marquis on Saturday is a cert.
(14-08-2022, 03:53 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-08-2022, 02:52 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Adam May and Brandon Hauntstrup will be back.  Looking forward to it

But both unlikely to get a goal, whereas Marquis on Saturday is a cert.

Marquis will either score or get a red card.

Or both.
Don’t know about Marquis scoring or getting red carded but I’m absolutely sure he’ll get abuse lol
I don't know why anyone would want to give him any abuse
(14-08-2022, 06:54 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why anyone would want to give him any abuse

The way he played here, I feel more pity for him than anything else, which I think anyone would hate over abuse. 

I won't be giving any abuse, but if he catches my eye, and see's how sorry I feel for him, with the accursed bell ringing in the background, he might collapse and have to taken off. And yes, that's total bollix.
He doesn't deserve abuse. It's not his fault he's not very good. I'm just glad I don't have to watch him play for Pompey any more. I don't care if he scores a hat trick, I'd still feel the same.

He's a lot better than me, mind, but that's not my fault either.
Will be good to see Brandon back. I am glad he has got back in the division.
We weren't sooo bad at producing good nippers.
I think he and May are decent L1 players. They'll be good enough for the championship in a few years time, if they keep getting regular football and add physicality to their games.

Prediction: 1:1 back to earth with a bump but still unbeaten.
(14-08-2022, 02:21 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]a team we struggle to beat. A litmus test like Palace and The Blades?
Or Chelsea. I don’t think we have ever beaten them in my lifetime
(15-08-2022, 11:03 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-08-2022, 02:21 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]a team we struggle to beat. A litmus test like Palace and The Blades?
Or Chelsea. I don’t think we have ever beaten them in my lifetime
Just looked it up we haven’t beaten them in our last 26 attempts Last win was a 1-5 thrashing at Stamford Bridge back in 1955
14th Dec 1960 the last time
(15-08-2022, 11:07 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]14th Dec 1960 the last time

Pedant!

At least he got the right team.  Smile
Chelsea will have to wait - meantime, let us anticipate a couple of small tweaks and then be ready to go for tomorrow night.

Confidence should be sound, and no reason why we should not prevail!
Another good crowd incoming. Tickets are now on sale for tomorrow in 2 sections of the Milton End.
http://eurorivals.net/head-to-head/ports...vs-chelsea

There’s no mention of the match in 1960 here
League Cup Rd 4, just over 13k in Fp, Lost in Rd 5 at Rotherham 3.0
The same negative thing’s said about Marquis could be said about Michael Smith but it would be fair to say he did ok at Rotherham
Pages: 1 2