TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: New away kit.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ouch!
Who cares
It was good to see us in our proper kit on Saturday (except the fact that I don't like this current one much either).  Hate this modern rip off idea that you have to have an away kit
I thought the same about the aqua fresh kit a couple of weeks ago. Love it now.

I was having a conversation about kits after the Lincoln game (nothing better to talk about after that game) and after a couple of pints we came to the conclusion that the kits we love have nothing to do with what they look like, it's the teams performances in them.

We all love the kit with the ty heart on it and the 'gold' kit (looked more like copper to me), which you could argue were some of the ugliest shirts we have ever worn. But every time I see them, the good memories come flooding back.
I hated the 3rd maroon kit. Club Shop said the kids loved it but the adult sizes hardly sold any.
(15-08-2022, 12:11 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]It was good to see us in our proper kit on Saturday (except the fact that I don't like this current one much either).  Hate this modern rip off idea that you have to have an away kit

I used to love seeing us play Wolves in our proper kits. So much history and absolutely no need for anyone to change. 
It would be lovely if our owners could start a trend of no shirt sponsor and no change unless needed.
(15-08-2022, 11:53 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Who cares

Some people, probably.
Yes true, but in the greater scheme of things it is not a very important issue . Is it or is it ?
(15-08-2022, 01:30 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I hated the 3rd maroon kit. Club Shop said the kids loved it but the adult sizes hardly sold any.

Me too because we invariably lost when wearing it.
I’d really like us to go back to always wearing our home kit for all games ( unless obviously there’s a colour clash). I fail to see the need for a 3rd kit ( I know it’s a money spinner). However if an away kit is need then why not use unusual colours such as our current aqua green or the lilac/ purple one.
if the third kit sold so poorly last season it probably is not much of a money spinner!
(15-08-2022, 03:28 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Yes true, but in the greater scheme of things it is not a very important issue . Is it or is it ?

Well that's it then. Important issues only on here please.

Should I get an electric car; will I be able to afford my gas bill in Dec, and will that cock cream I just ordered add 5 cms?
Sorry to disappoint you briefcase but just under 2cm.
(15-08-2022, 05:56 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to disappoint you briefcase but just under 2cm.

Smile
Probably not me you should be apologising too.

Looks like I have some explaining to do to.      Oh well, look at it from the right angle.........
(15-08-2022, 12:50 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the same about the aqua fresh kit a couple of weeks ago. Love it now.

I was having a conversation about kits after the Lincoln game (nothing better to talk about after that game) and after a couple of pints we came to the conclusion that the kits we love have nothing to do with what they look like, it's the teams performances in them.

We all love the kit with the ty heart on it and the 'gold' kit (looked more like copper to me), which you could argue were some of the ugliest shirts we have ever worn. But every time I see them, the good memories come flooding back.

Whenever I think of that gold Ty shirt I get an image of Toddy wheeling away from goal with his arms spread eagled.

My son has the black canterbury away shirt, wears it for five-a-side - still looks fantastic.
(15-08-2022, 05:30 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 03:28 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Yes true, but in the greater scheme of things it is not a very important issue . Is it or is it ?

For some unknown reason he thinks he’s important.

Should I get an electric car; will I be able to afford my gas bill in Dec, and will that cock cream I just ordered add 5 cms?

Q1 - only if you can easily afford Q2 - they are way over-priced
Q2 - see above
Q3 - have never heard cock cream can double your length
(15-08-2022, 06:49 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]

For some unknown reason he thinks he’s important.

Better than being impotent eh
Kit looks like a crap wizard's cloak.

Not wizard's hat - just pointing out, because this thread took a stranger course than most away kit threads.
Pompey had a third kit going back to the 60s. Second kit red, third white with blue and red collar.

Wearing Replica shirts to away games then, nah. Not unless you wanted a replica head wound.
(15-08-2022, 08:29 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]Kit looks like a crap wizard's cloak.

Not wizard's hat - just pointing out, because this thread took a stranger course than most away kit threads.

Not wizard's sleeve?
(15-08-2022, 08:54 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 08:29 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]Kit looks like a crap wizard's cloak.

Not wizard's sleeve?

Oh yh, and you're right, in both respects!
(15-08-2022, 08:40 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey had a third kit going back to the 60s. Second kit red, third white with blue and red collar.

Wearing Replica shirts to away games then, nah. Not unless you wanted a replica head wound.

I've got the 60s/70s shirt blue with red & white collar, second kit red with blue and white collar.  Had no idea there was a white third kit. That's going to cost me now.
Pages: 1 2