TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: We're fucking brilliant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Even when we conceded the first goal everyone was just bemused because it was obvious we were gonna murder Cambridge.

How did we look on iFollow Jizz?
Actually it wasn't. Only after 45 mins when Pompey started to move the ball around did it look as though there might be a result.
I thought Cambridge looked half decent, solid at the back and good on the break.
But we look like a side that sometimes takes a while to work out the opposition and then is quite capable of cutting sides to bits.
A very very encouraging night for me.
Made even better by being able to bring fresh legs into the team and reaping the benefit (Curtis for example)
Morrell to come as well. Reserve judgement on Miniesta, sorry, Lowery, until seen more of him.
The little one, thought it was Eleven from Stranger Things!
(16-08-2022, 09:28 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Cambridge looked half decent, solid at the back and good on the break.
But we look like a side that sometimes takes a while to work out the opposition and then is quite capable of cutting sides to bits.
Made even better by being able to bring fresh legs into the team and reaping the benefit (Curtis for example)

Talking of legs, how did you find the legroom in the NSL Hammie?
Yes I looked for a 6 ft 6 ins fan in row P but I couldn't see one near me Lol
Definitely a game of two halves. First half we sort of set back and let Cambridge show us what they could do. A flukey goal albeit a badly marked one. It wasn’t until we equalised that we took the game by the scruff of the neck. The work rate in the second half was phenomenal, pack and Lowery covered every blade of grass. A great team performance even from Recco . On the downside we need a better balance in central defence and although Curtis had a good game he needs to cut out the diving/ going down too easy. That aside a great team effort and a great result.
I know it’s early days but say it quietly this could be our season
The front players were picking up long balls better tonight, even though the defenders looked big enough.
I'm all aboard HMS piss the league. We have the best defender, midfielder and striker
(16-08-2022, 09:43 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2022, 09:28 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I thought Cambridge looked half decent, solid at the back and good on the break.

Talking of legs, how did you find the legroom in the NSL Hammie?

I was thoroughly impressed, plenty of leg room and enough sideways room too. More of both than the Fratton End! 
p60 was me
(16-08-2022, 09:47 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I looked for a 6 ft 6 ins fan in row P but I couldn't see one near me Lol

I stay sat down as much as I can these days. lots of kids and women in so I try not to block the view! I is not Peter Crouch shape these days, more giant haystacks!
(16-08-2022, 09:54 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2022, 09:47 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I looked for a 6 ft 6 ins fan in row P but I couldn't see one near me Lol

I stay sat down as much as I can these days. lots of kids and women in so I try not to block the view! I is not Peter Crouch shape these days, more giant haystacks!

Henceforth known as Crouching haystacks.
In the cold light of day I have had some time to refine my thoughts on this.

We are all aboard HMS piss the league, EIEIEIO
Going to be a great season but a whole raft of good teams, forget tinpot, this looks like being the best league in England this year! aND no international month break!
After the sheff wed game I thought we could hurt teams and have a good year.
Seeing pompey the other night was a reminder that under the lights good games happen.
Cambridge came with a game plan. They were compact, organised and broke when they could. The lad could have been sent off after two mins for a horror tackle. It did say they meant business though.
I thought their 18 was a powerful runner and would do well at pompey. Turns out DC wants him, shiloh Tracey. They deserved their lead and they contained us well until the last 3 minutes of the half. Suddenly we break into the area and Mitov makes a great save that goes behind a following pompey player. It's recycled from a great press and Ragget is still there to put it on a plate for Bishop.
A word on him. He's going to score 20 or more goals this year. He is in the right place instinctively.
The 2nd half was two moments apart, one way traffic. Pompey passed and passed, the 2nd was coming, the third was a gift from another great press. The fourth was a thing of beauty and cambridge team and fans should hold their hands up as we took the piss.job done. Pack is just ridiculous in this league. We managed the game out without any trouble.
Next up Bristol Rovers. I can't see DC letting them get overboard on their ascent to third. It won't be easy, there are no easy games in this league, this season. However, whereas just a month ago I was dubiousabout our chances, now, I just want to enjoy the games. Life is sh1t enough and we have a great outlet for inner city angst. DC is connecting with the folk of this city and his team are buying into it.
Just in a really good mood with Pompey at the moment. It's been so long
Good performance Tuesday. Pack had a good game.

We will win a lot of games this season but we won't get promotion as we will fail against the best teams. Out defence isn't strong enough. We will be in and around the playoffs though.
SCWUMMER!!!!!!
(18-08-2022, 06:36 AM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Good performance Tuesday. Pack had a good game.

We will win a lot of games this season but we won't get promotion as we will fail against the best teams. Out defence isn't strong enough. We will be in and around the playoffs though.

So we failed against Sheff Wed - Rafferty is solid, Morrison experienced, Raggett a colossus & Ogilvie a consistently high performer. Pack sitting in front & a goalie who produced 2/3 good saves on Tuesday.

You really need to change your tune & get positive- no wonder you never got any further than being a Div 2 and lower leagues striker with am attitude like that.
We will score goals no doubt but Ogilvie is the only above average defender we have. To get promotion you need a good number of better than average defenders.
(16-08-2022, 09:21 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Even when we conceded the first goal everyone was just bemused because it was obvious we were gonna murder Cambridge.

How did we look on iFollow Jizz?

We looked really good 2nd half. Cambridge were very good at closing down and had some pacey forwards but once we settled we were fantastic.
I got offered a ticket with my son but unfortunately I was working, otherwise would have gone mate.
Never fails to amaze me how many people rise to the bait.
(18-08-2022, 06:36 AM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Good performance Tuesday. Pack had a good game.

For an ex-pro, you're pretty clueless in the art of the beautiful game.

Excellent fisherman though sir, I doth my cap.
(18-08-2022, 06:36 AM)BlueArmy scummer cünt Wrote: [ -> ]Good performance Tuesday. Pack had a good game.

Oh do fück off you boring prick
Pages: 1 2 3